“Wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trident, Nariman Point

Trident, Nariman Point
Ranked #9 of 440 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Delhi
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed at this place last week for 3 nights and had a great experience. I'm a frequent traveller and have stayed with a variety of hotels in Mumbai. After staying with Trident NP first time, they ensured it becomes my primary choice. They continue to amaze you by getting better every time. To start with, they don't need any contact details from me again while checking in as they have everything in their records and the check-in, check-out process is very smooth. The service in every aspect is outstanding and has a "sure, will do" aspect to it. Location isn't the only advantage. They have good video titles, the club lounge offers great views, breakfast, drinks and snacks. Trident privilege programme is one of the best and most rewarding - I've had a complimentary family stay at their Agra property (again a wonderful experience) thanks to it.

What I like about this hotel is that they keep guests feedback in mind and next time improve upon any expectations / shortcomings you indicate to them. For example, by now, they know what toiletries / accessories I need, what fruits I like / don't like, which newspapers I read. There may be teething troubles for some guests in the first instance but the experience gets better with every subsequent stay with them - that's what I've experienced . I'm sure they'd be taking note of all negative feedback in the reviews seriously and trying to come up a notch better. Keep it up, folks !

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your reviews about your experience at Trident, Nariman Point.

It is heartening to know that that you enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities were to your satisfaction. I thank you for your generous comments. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, which helps us to continuously strive for excellence.

We would deem it a distinct privilege and honor to welcome you back to Mumbai and every endeavor will be made to ensure that Trident, Nariman Point becomes your home when visiting this city.

The team at the hotel is happy to note that you had a memorable experience. We look forward to welcoming you back at Trident, Nariman Point.

Regards,
E. Generalmanager.Narimanpointmumbai@tridenthotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (981)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed at Trident Hotel for 2 nights and in different rooms. Let us start with the front Desk where people are very professional and Welcoming.
Rooms are spacy, clean and comfortable but there was a slight unpleasant odor in both rooms that I stayed in , it could be because the Hotel is very close to the sea..I would suggest that they put a kind of perfume to give a better odor inside the room.
The food is very good although they are focusing on Indian traditional plates for the breakfast and which is not my favorite.. In my opinion, the Breakfast should be International to suit the taste of almost everyone.
I still don't understand why you have to pay for Internet access while in most 5 Stars Hotels you get Free internet Access .. This is something that the management should seriously think about.
All in All , the Hotel is very nice and I recommend staying in it.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the Corniche, The view is very nice.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, September 24, 2013

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

We thank you for your feedback as, it is feedback from esteemed guest like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

We have noted your feedback on the internet service. We have the ‘Business Travel Plus’ package which is designed to suit your business travel needs. The package is inclusive breakfast, internet usage, one way airport transfers or ‘Extended stay Package’ which inclusive of breakfast, internet usage and requires minimum three nights stay. We would be happy to offer these packages to you for your future visits.

Should you need any further assistance do not hesitate to contact me.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

india
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I normally don't have the habit of giving reviews frequently,,either it really impresses me or my worst experiences and this is one of the worst experiences I ever had. Trident nariman point had nothing much to offer its customer except for the beautiful location. The food was pathetic and the oriental food was far below the standard...especially DIMSUM (CHAR SIAW BO) & the noodles with blunt taste.. Having my own multi-cuisine restaurant I can truly say that a 5 star category hotel continuing to serve this dishes would not go down well with the expectant and regular members.
Service is ok but there is nothing I can categorically say that impresses me. I regret having booked my stay for 4 nights and never would I ever wish to experience such stay. Rest assured the free membership given would be kept in the shelf and never to step in again at Trident.

Room Tip: Dont be flawed away by the reception giving u a side room with both the sea view and the back view...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank hotel321
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your valuable review on Trip advisor about Trident, Nariman Point!

At the very outset please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us with regards to our service. Your feedback on the room, service and quality of food has been noted and I have personally shared your feedback with the team at the hotel.

It is feedback from esteemed guest like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

We are equally disturbed by this incident and no amount of apology can undo the inconvenience caused to you. May I please request you to treat this incident in isolation and let it not mar your impression about the hotel and give us another opportunity to serve you.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Trident, Nariman Point.

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Trident never lets you down, this is the 4th time that I have stayed at the property and I always enjoy my stay. The location of the property is wonderful and the views from either side of the property - Harbour or Sea Views are great and especially spectacular at sunset over the ocean. The rooms are small yet comfortable and have all the amenities that a traveller would need. I do however feel that the hotel is targeted and geared more for the business traveller than leisure traveller.
The hotel swimming pool was being repaired so we used the pool at the Oberoi which is a sister-hotel to the Trident. I was slightly disappointed in this as the service we received from the Oberoi – as ‘outside guest’ was not great.
Since I have stayed at the Trident previously I was slightly upset that they needed me to fill in all my contact details again and didn’t have them all on their system.

Having said all that, this is a hotel that I would highly recommend and I would return to again – hopefully they won’t need me to complete my details again.

Room Tip: Rooms on a higher floor offer better views. Rooms away from the lifts always a recommendation.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

I thank you for taking the time off to provide us invaluable feedback regarding your stay at the Trident, Nariman Point on Trip Advisor.

It is heartening to know that that you enjoyed your stay with us and the services and facilities extended by my team during your visit to the hotel exceeded your expectations. I thank you immensely for recommending Trident hotel and for your generous comments.

Your feedback on the service at the swimming pool has been noted and I sincerely apologise for this experience. We have shared your feedback with the team and assure you that greater care will be taken in the future.

I am pleased to note that nevertheless, you enjoyed your stay with us and my team and I look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Truly a comfort after travelling some of Indias toughest trips. The hotel staff are on the ball. I was treated to a tea and cakes while my reservation was confirmed with central reservations. Rooms are truly amazing, the electric blinds in the bathroom is awesome. Breakfast ques abit chaotic. Position is close to Gateway and Taj Palace but a distance to true India. Tuk tuks not even allowed in Nariman Area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable time to post reviews on Trip advisor.

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident, Nariman Point.

Jaipur, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Trident Hotel at Nariman Point, Mumbai is located at one of the costliest locations in the world - Nariman Point. Here, you have Marine Drive just as you come out from hotel and can take morning walks or evening strawls. the view from windows in the rooms is breathtaking, with ocean view and the queen's necklace in the night.
The breakfast and food at the hotel is excellent.

Only one thing, swimming pool at present is under repairs. Although they have made pool of Oberoi's accessible, but in the nights, you can not unwind around pool if a Tridents guest.

Overall very good place to be.

Room Tip: Take ocean view rooms, they are just too good.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident Nariman Point!

The team at the hotel is pleased to know that they were able to meet and exceed your expectations. Your feedback on the pool has been noted and I regret that swimming pool was undergoing maintenance and I sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you. We had made arrangement for our guest to use swimming pool at The Oberoi. The pool at Trident Nariman point is operational now.

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Overview - stayed here for 3 nights. I got a good rate from makemytrip.com. I got upgraded to a higher floor (30th floor) room which overlooked the harbour of Mumbai. Being a five star hotel, I thought it lacked finesse in room decor and amenities.

Room - decently equipped, did not have iron, ironing board but was available on request. Being peak monsoon season, an umbrella in the room would have helped. I dint ask for it too. My colleague's room had better space utilisation. My room had some fake drawer like furniture. Fake because it was only like a writing or tray board rather than a bedside drawer.

Pool- pool was awesome. The best part of my stay. The location, view from poolside was breathtaking. I loved it. The changing areas was well equipped. It was perfect.

Breakfast - was just about average, the variety wasn't great. Would try the Taj nearby if I had to pay for it. Staff was helpful.

Wanted to extend my stay for one more night, but they dint give anything close to the rate I had paid for previous three nights. I shifted to ITC grand central (have reviewed this hotel from my earlier stay)

Would stay again, if I get a good bargain.

Room Tip: Good view from higher floors.

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

We do appreciate hearing from our guest, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services.

I sincerely regret that you had a reason to complain with our services. I have shared your feedback with my team and let me assure you that greater care will be taken in the future. We value your feedback and rest assured we will look into the same.

Do let me know when you are travelling next and I will be happy to assist you.

We thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back at Trident, Nariman Point.

Regards,