“Great!”

Trident, Nariman Point
Ranked #9 of 448 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Bombay
“Great!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I needed a room for a day with my baby and nanny as my husband had an event at ncpa...so trident was the closest hotel.we checked in and they had kept a crib ready. The view is outstanding. Room really good too...it was very thoughtful of the staff to keep baby products before we arrived. I would surely recommend for the location,room and for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

It is heartening to know that that you enjoyed your stay with us and the services and facilities extended by my team during your visit to the hotel exceeded your expectations. Please be assured that the team will continue to strive hard to achieve customer satisfaction to the fullest and endeavor to pursue quality with vigour and commitment.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Trident, Nariman Point.

E-mail: Generalmanager.Narimanpointmumbai@tridenthotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,032)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My first visit to Trident, I needed to pull in lot of courage to book in it post the 26/11 incident. But went there not just to stay but to pay my homages to everyone who died there.
Coming to review - It is just an awesome place, got a room upgrade with sea-facing and it was divine, except that I wanted to hear the sea-waves too.
The room was spacious, wi-fi was hi-speed but TV was non-functional and the bathroom is little small and the water taps in the bath-tub clumsy to handle.
Food was awesome again, breakfast on all the days made my day.

Room Tip: Ask for sea-facing higher floors...and don't miss the breakfast
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident Nariman Point. Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. The team at the hotel is glad to know that they were able to meet and exceed your expectations.

Your feedback on the bathroom and the television has been noted. We thank you for your valuable feedback which helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Mumbai and every endeavor will be made to ensure that Trident, Nariman Point becomes your home when visiting this city.

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed at Trident for 3 nights and loved every minute! It is in a great location, you can take a walk down Marine Drive to Chowpatty Beach, and Colaba is also within walking distance. The service was incredible from checking in to checking out and even after as they helped us with our onward journey when we had a few issues with our train to Goa. The breakfast is delicious with a vast range of North and South Indian dishes, and European a la carte options including a very good eggs benedict (the best hollandaise ever). We had a basic, city view room but it was very clean and spacious with a seating area, huge bed, and a good bathroom, with free newspapers and fresh fruit.
We stayed here at the start of a 3 week tour of south west India and opted to pay more for our hotel in Mumbai to ease ourselves in to the Indian experience. This was undoubtedly the right decision as Mumbai was quite intimidating at first and having this little luxury escape, with an amazing pool area overlooking the queens necklace, was the perfect way to end each day's exploring. We felt we got a very reasonable deal off Booking.com. The hotel does have a very business feel and we felt a little out of place at times (2 scruffy mid twenties travellers) but nonetheless the staff treated us like millionaires!
Anyone who's looking to do a taxi tour of the city to see all its main attractions in one day would be well advised to go to the taxi rank outside the hotel and ask for Sunny (he drives a black and yellow 'cool cab' and chews beetle nut), very reasonable price, good english, informative and an all round nice chap.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MelissaJL
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your reviews about your experience at Trident, Nariman Point.

It is heartening to know that that you enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities were to your satisfaction. I thank you for your generous comments. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, which helps us to continuously strive for excellence.

We would deem it a distinct privilege and honor to welcome you back to Mumbai and every endeavor will be made to ensure that Trident, Nariman Point becomes your home when visiting this city.

Lisboa, Portugal
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Mumbai is a crowded city with lots of traffic and transit caos...at least for someone coming from Lisbon (a small city in Europe). This Hotel is near the bay shore (Bombaim = Good bay) of what they (indian) call as queen neckless. I was lucky to get a room ith sea view in the top of this Hotel. The location is superb. You can walk to one of the city's icons, Gate of India. You are also very close to Victoria Station. But the taxis are so cheap that you should take a taxi to save time in your daily journeys. At the end of the day you can dive in the hotel' swiming pool (with some traffic noise) which has a nice landscape of Mumbai bay. Hotel employees' at the swiming pool are always available. Rooms are spacious with sun light and confortable. Breakfast is a little spicy...you are in India!...but you have also international food (there are 2 breakfast restaurants). If you don't like spicy food (like me) you can try the italian restaurant 2 blocks from the Hotel, near the traffic lights. Enjoy.

Room Tip: Try to get a sea view room on the top of the Hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident Nariman Point!

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us and for sharing your experience at Trident Nariman on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident Nariman Point. Your feedback is most valuable to us and we thank you for the same.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed at Trident Nariman Point last week for business for three nights. The hotel runs really well, I was in a refurbished room overlooking Back Bay on the 26th floor - great for sunset views. The staff were all charming and extremely professional and helpful.

This service was exemplified by the Concierge and Housekeeping staff, who when I emailed them as I had left a book in my room when I checked out - arranged for the book to be FEDEX'd back to me in London within 2 days - and didn't charge me.

My only small gripe was that the service in the restaurant downstairs, Frangipani, was incredibly slow, there may have been a problem in the kitchen, as it was not crowded.

Otherwise a really convenient place to stay which, despite being a large hotel, has a really nice feel to it - and certainly lives up to being part of the Oberoi stable.

Room Tip: Choose a high room, overlooking the bay.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your detailed feedback on the services and about your experience at the hotel. I apologise for the slow service accorded to you at the Frangipani restaurant. You feedback has been shared with the food and beverage team and assure you that greater care will be taken in the future.

I am pleased to note that nevertheless, you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback is most valuable to us which will help us to improve our service.

ALBERTA
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed several days to see Mumbai. Lovely room and view .
Excellent service. Made us a lovely boxed breakfast when we left for an early morning flight. This hotel is well located in a pleasant part of the city close to tourist attractions. Staff is helpful with info re where to eat and taxi fares.
Only critism is for the downstairs restaurant where food is mediocre and service is poor.

Room Tip: Check for good prices for an ocean view room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trident, Nariman Point for your stay in Mumbai and for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I sincerely regret that you had a reason to complain with our services at the restaurant. I have shared your feedback with my food and beverage team and let me assure you that greater care will be taken in the future.

Manchester UK
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed here for three nights from 4th to 7th May 2013. We were very pleased with the hotel and the hotel fully deserves its high customer rating. The whole stay was first class with excellent service from all the staff. We would be happy to stay again and would recommend this to all. There is a very happy atmosphere throughout the hotel and all the services were top class.

Location is good for seeing local sights - We used the concierge to book a trip - this was excellent and the guide/driver were both knowledgeable and very eager to explain - well worth the money to see many places in a short time.

Just be careful with taxi at the airport -we accepted a "walk up" and ended in a big bill and a very poor quality cab - use the taxi prebooking counters at the airport rather than the individuals walking up to you with deal.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade before you arrive - we were given a sea view - very nice
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and we could make your trip a memorable one. The team at the hotel is pleased to know that they were able to meet and exceed your expectations.

We thank you for your valuable feedback which helps us to serve our guest in a better way. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Trident, Nariman Point.