“Not quite the sum of its parts”

Ranked #9 of 465 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Billed as 5 star it offers a good range of facilities and restaurants, the rooms are ample and well serviced, the staff are pretty helpful, if a little slow by the pool. Nothing really to complain of it just does not feel 5 star when compared with its neighbour the Oberoi, which is 5 star.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing time and posting your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We do appreciate hearing from our guest, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services.

We thank you for your detailed feedback on the services and about your experience at the hotel.

E-mail: Generalmanager.Narimanpointmumbai@tridenthotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,210)

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My return to India felt safe due to the overall concern for my safety at the Trident. The incredibly helpful safe honestly guided me for a fun, exciting and safe adventure. I used most of the hotel including the wonderful pool, the restaurants, shopping, pharmacy, and the attached Oberoi Hotel.
The room and bed were wonderful. Light, great AC, nice view of the city, especially at sunset. Every convenience.
I advise you to have the hotel greet you at the airport and take you back as their car with driver service (Hertz) is a well thought out program. I had a very special driver who took me on a big adventure an hour out of the city to meet a local designer. My driver navigated and stopped to ask a dozen times. You will find most streets do not have the American signage so you never know.
The concierge desk was very honest with me about walking around the city alone and gave me a good map and smart directions. I will always be grateful for their smart advise.
India Jones is a wonderful restaurant downstairs in the hotel where you can enjoy lunch or dinner. The staff is so very welcoming, yes ladies, you know who you are. They encouraged me to try some new things and to develop my India tastebuds.
Whether business or pleasure, you will enjoy this hotel, the location and most of all, the staff. Thank you!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your valuable review on Trip advisor about Trident, Nariman Point!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the services extended by my team exceeded your expectation. Thank you for your kind words of appreciation.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I use the word delightful as it is probably the first time that I found only smiling faces around me in a hotel. Trident is on the far end of Marine Drive at Nariman Point, facing the sea. I was assisted at the door with my luggage. I had asked for a sea facing room, which was available and given. The person at the reception checked me in, walked with me to identify my luggage and then walked me to the lift, with what seemed to be genuine warmth and a smiling face. The room was standard, nothing exceptional but quite tasteful. Choice of teabags was exceptional for a standard room. Linen was clean and luxurious. Another interesting feature was a shoe-polish offer. You leave your shoes on a marker and they’ll be cleaned and polished while you are out (but then you have to be carrying an extra pair). I ordered pasta on room service. The order arrived on promised time, was piping hot and quite authentic in taste.

I checked out the gym and it was one of the best equipped I have seen so far. There is a rooftop on 33rd floor which has a business centre and a banquet hall. The walls are all glass on all sides and views are amazing. One can see the whole bay on one side and many landmarks of Bombay on the other including the Gateway of India and the financial district. Every staff member I met on the way offered a ready greeting and a smile.

Breakfast was a pleasure. They convert two of their restaurants for breakfast in the morning so there is plenty of room to sit. Eggs, waffles and many Indian dishes are served hot on your table. The choice of juices, fresh fruits, cheeses and other continental offerings was very good. Yogurts were home made with seasonal fruits. All served with a smile.

Like many of the older hotels around the world, Trident is also caught in a time warp. Many facilities which must have been state of the art at one time would seem dated today. Trident has kept pace though and I could find much which would cause irritation except one i.e. the reception of some of the TV channels was bad as they probably need conversion to latest digital/DTH technology. Free access to internet is also a necessity today.

I recommend the experience!

Room Tip: Do take a visit to Rooftop and enjoy both the day and the night view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

It is heartening to know that that you enjoyed your stay with us and the services and facilities extended by my team during your visit to the hotel exceeded your expectations. Please be assured that the team will continue to strive hard to achieve customer satisfaction to the fullest and endeavor to pursue quality with vigour and commitment.

Your feedback is most valuable to us which help us In improving our service. I have noted your feedback regarding the television reception being poor.

I thank you immensely for recommending Trident hotel and for your generous comments. We look forward to welcoming you back at Trident, Nariman Point.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We recently stayed at the Trident in Mumbai. The hotel is situated on the bay with great vistas and sunsets from the pool deck. The service at the hotel was exemplary and unobstrusive. The hotel buffet dinner is to die for as is the superb breakfast. The decor and ambiance is sophisticated and relaxed and is a welcome respite from the hectic city. The hotel is in close (walking) proximity to India Gate and other touris and shopping attractions. Highly recommended.
Chrystal

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident Nariman Point!

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us and for sharing your experience at Trident Nariman on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident Nariman Point.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Trident was very accommodating to us when we arrived 13 hours early. We arrived at 2:30 am and they allowed us to relax and purchase refreshments in the cafe until the first room opened up (at 6:30 am). They didn't charge us an extra half day either, which was really appreciated! We would have been able to get in earlier had it not been for a wedding party that was occupying most of the hotel that night.

The hotel and room would be considered a four-star by North American standards, and was good value for the price of the room. We enjoyed the pool, and the poolside service of providing bottles of water and sunscreen complementary. The steam room facilities were also appreciated. We also appreciated the tip not to leave your sunglasses, watch or any other shiny object unattended, as the magpies will make off with them. Unfortunately, there is very little they can do to stop the annoying birds, but they are amusing to watch!

We also appreciated the overall cleanliness of the hotel. The room was immaculate, and staff were always cleaning, polishing, vacuuming, etc in the public areas.

We checked out the Taj to compare, and we much preferred the more refined Trident to the Taj. If you are looking for over-the-top decor reminiscent of Las Vegas, then you will like the Taj, but we found it to be overwhelming and headache-inducing. The Trident's ambiance and decor is much more understated and elegant.

We became spoiled by the breakfasts every morning. The buffet was amazing, and you could also order items such as stuffed dhosas, cappucinos, etc. at no extra charge. We were very impressed with the variety and quality of the breakfasts.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to note that you have had an enjoyable stay and it was a pleasure to have been of service to you. Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. The team at the hotel is pleased to know that they were able to meet and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Its a business hotel, and many executives I believe staying here. Location of this hotel is one of the best in mumbai. May be most peaceful, scenic in mumbai. Rooms are big. View is very nice. Indian food is very good. All famous places of mumbai very close like 0-2 miles.
Go to pool area its good, and once go to roof top. Morning and evening one can go out and take walk on marine drive. In room dinning very good.
No activities inside hotel apart from pool, gym and spa. Buffet can be improved. Taxi's should not charge more when we catch them in front of hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Trident Nariman Point and we thank you for sharing your experiences through Trip Advisor.

We are glad that we could make your trip memorable and you had an enjoyable stay with us. Your feedback on buffet has been note and we thank you for the same.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you, awaiting a comfortable and invigorating experience every time you visit the hotel.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Sure it's pricey but you get what you pay for here. I had one of the most lovely hotel rooms I've ever had in my life (including around the rest of Asia and the US). Service was fantastic and every request was promptly responded to. If I had the money to burn, I would never stay anywhere else in Mumbai!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident Nariman Point!

I thank you for taking the time off to provide us invaluable feedback regarding your stay at the Trident, Nariman Point.

Do let me know when you are travelling next and I will be happy to make the necessary arrangements.

E. Generalmanager.Narimanpointmumbai@tridenthotels.com