“Lovely luxury break”

Trident, Nariman Point
Ranked #8 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely luxury break”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Spent two days at the trident
Service was fast and polite, the room was amzing having an almost 180 degree view of the sea (this was asked for and no doubt paid for...)

Gym and pool were great although the pool is slightly exposed if the wind is blowing

Both restaurants were acceptable with fast attentive service although pick your time as there were points when peoplemwere queuing for seats at both.

The room service could be a little persistant and twice came in to the room while myself or my partner were using the bathroom

Check out was a little dissapointing, I had details of discounts, extras and specials printed out on my booking fortunately as the guy on the desk just ran everything on the bills and i was overcharged until i showed him my booking agreement, it took him three attempts to actually get the bill down to the correct amount

Lovely stay, friendly and helpful staff, if relatively expensive for india

For the reviewers suggesting innatentive unfriendly staff.....try being attentive and friendly to them rather than miserable demanding sods, they are humans, it works every time for me

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, February 28, 2013

Greetings from Trident Nariman Point!

I thank you for taking the time off to provide us invaluable feedback regarding your stay at the Trident, Nariman Point.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us. Your feedback has been shared with the In room dining team and Front office team to avoid such incidents in the future.

I am pleased to note that nevertheless, you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback is most valuable to us which will help us to improve our service.

E. Generalmanager.Narimanpointmumbai@tridenthotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,004)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights in january 2013. It was a truly 5 star experience. Rooms were very clean. Breakfast was amazing, wide selection of food. Staff was very friendly and always at service. I will definately be coming back here soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, February 22, 2013

Greetings from Trident Nariman Point!

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us and for sharing your experience at Trident Nariman on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident Nariman Point.

We thank you for your generous comments. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Lyon, France
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The hotel is what you can expect for the (high) price. Luxury room, nice pool area (even if the water is cold!). One bad point is no free internet access. Fortunately the staff is exceptional and ready to help you find good alternatives for food, internet and leisure if you are not Cresus and cannot pay the price of all the hotel services. For instance : for free internet you can go to Starbuck or even nearer, in a nice French "creperie", Suzette (5 minutes walk...and wonderful crepes! ).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to note that you have had an enjoyable stay with us. We thank you for your detailed feedback about your stay at the hotel.

Your comments are valuable to us which helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

Your feedback on free internet service has been noted. We have the ‘Business Travel Plus’ package which is designed to suit your business travel needs. The package is inclusive breakfast, internet usage, one way airport transfers or ‘Extended stay Package’ which inclusive of breakfast, internet usage and requires minimum three nights stay. We would be happy to offer these packages to you for your future visits.

We value your patronage and look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times.

Frankfurt
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We spenbt the last 3 days of a 3 week India vacation in Mumbai and booked the Trident for its location on Marine Drive . It turned out to be a great choice; with true 5-star comfort , amazing service and friendliness of all staff and decent restaurant options in-house. I would definitely stay here again the next time I come back to Mumbai and can recommend this place to everyone who wishes to return to an oasis of comfort and calm after a day of sightseeing or meetings in bustling, noisy Mumbai.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

I am delighted to note that you have had an enjoyable stay and it was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for support and for kind words of appreciation. My team and I look forward to welcoming you, awaiting a comfortable and invigorating experience every time you visit the hotel.

Munich
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed at the Trident Nariman Point for a week in January. I booked early as I had to plan ahead I got a great rate for the hotel and free internet and free breakfast was also thrown in. Breakfast time was a bit chaotic and if you arrived late you had to queue for a table which wasn't good if you had an appointment but still wanted a hearty breakfast.
Breakfast in the lobby is available earlier than in the restaurant from 6am if I remember rightly, They only serve sliced toast bread and upon insisting they had nice bread rolls and being told they are only served at lunch time (!) I eventually was brought some... fresh from the hotel's bakery. Also a man was very unhygienically catching flies right over the food with some sticky fly attracting paper! YUK!! I'd rather remove the flies from the food than eat chemicals!
The bedrooms were lovely and spacious with good spaces for working at the desk.
All the staff were very friendly and helpful.
Security is good with no access without your key card even in the lift.
The buffet at the Frangipani was somewhat repetitive and not as varied as say the buffet at the Leela in Mumbai.
Pizzas were good though.
I didn't use the spa as I thought their prices were outrageous... Yes really they were sky high!
I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again although i was disappointed to find out that the offers of the Trident Privilege Scheme of staying for 5 nights and getting a night free do not apply to this Trident.
These small niggles lose the hotel a star in the rating... Otherwise very good!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Greetings from Trident Nariman Point!

I apologise for the unpleasant experience during your stay with us. Your feedback has been shared with the team and assure you that greater care will be taken in the future.

We have noted your feedback on the buffet menu, spa prices and we thank you for the same.

I am pleased to note that nevertheless, you enjoyed your stay with us and my team and I look forward to welcome you back in the near future. Do let me know when you are travelling next and I will be happy to make the necessary arrangements.

E. Generalmanager.Narimanpointmumbai@tridenthotels.com
pittsburgh pa
Reviewed February 16, 2013

on a first trip to india, arriving in the chaos of mumbai, this hotel is reassuring. it is very large and very corporate, but it makes you feel safe and comfortable. a room on the 32nd floor was spacious and overlooked the water. the staff was gracious, and despite the number of guests, the servers in the restaurants recognized you the second time you ate there. the food was great - the breakfast overwhelming but fabulous. not my kind of hotel at all, but it was a good stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your valuable review on Trip advisor about Trident, Nariman Point!

singapore
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed at Trident Narman Point in Mumbai with my friends for 2 nights and it was an amazing experience. We really had fun and enjoyed a lot. The rooms were really very nice and clean. The food was awesome. The staff was nice and the service was very quick. The sea view was amazing from my room. We really enjoyed a lot and also planning to go there again in future.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are really nice.