“Had a suite WOW”

Trident, Nariman Point
Ranked #9 of 456 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Got in late and due to a mix up had a smoking room. I said No. They were obviously full and with me leaving the next day got room 2901 it was a suite. WOW the views were spectacular the room was great. If you got cash this is a great experience however, it was due to luck rather han money I got the room. Light switches were an old fashioned pleasure rather has these digital presets that take hours to work out. This is a no nonsense hotel that offers a good product coupled with good service not the taj or the Oberoi but still highly recommended.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

We are pleased to know that the services and facilities offered to you are to your satisfaction. It is feedback such as yours which motivates the entire team to strive towards excellence. Please be apprised that Trident Hotels are a part of The Oberoi Group.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Mumbai is the city that never sleeps and the business capital of India. If you have to travel to Mumbai do book your next stay in the Trident Nariman Point Mumbai. Going through your E-Mails and running your telco from your hotel room with a wonderful view to the indian ocean will reward you for any traffic, negotiation and "constant multi-tasking crazyness" that has fallen upon you. Reward yourself by booking a room with a view to the ocean and do schedule your meetings such, that you will be able to enjoy your cup of tea whilst watching the fisher boats and the sun dawning on the indian ocean (between 17h30 and 19h30 depending on the time of the year ! You will have spare time to go out for dinner with your partner or clients. Evening life begins late in Mumbai and ends very early in the morning.

Room Tip: Please be sure to book a room with a view to the ocean. From 10th floor upwards offers the best view...

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

Thank you for posting your valuable response on Trip advisor about Trident, Nariman Point!

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident, Nariman Point. Your appreciation motivates us in our endeavor to create delight for all our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Trident, Nariman Point and thank you for posting your valuable review on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

The Trident - Nariman Point is one of the best hotel I have ever stayed in. The hotel facilities are great. Super luxurious and very trendy. The food here is amazing, We tried the room service, Frangipani and the opium din and all of them offer deleiciua variety o drinks an food. The location is excellent, and I love the security and privacy that the hotel offer. You ask for it and you get it! This is what I have personally exoreinced in this hotel, the reception guy also sent us a bad of freshly cut pink Lily's!!! Fruit is seve daily in you room too. One day I asked the people at the room service about a certain dessert that was served during breakfast, the dining service immediately sent us a plate of that dessert free of charge.

One thing I need to highlight here is that the hotel is very hard to access by wheelchair and senior people. I was travelling with my grandmother an stayed here for a week, it wa hard or her to get down and up th stairs during breakfast as there isn't any elevator to use! I was also shocked that the pool area and the spa facilities were not equipped with handicapped/wheelchair or senior citizens facilities, the hotel managment should really look into this issue as it really inconvenient for some hotel guest.

Overall, I'll defiently return to the trident!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

It is heartening to know that that you enjoyed your stay with us and the services and facilities extended by my team during your visit to the hotel exceeded your expectations.

We are glad that we could make your trip memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back at Trident, Nariman Point.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed for one night in the Trident at Nariman Point. The hotel is fantastically located on Marine Drive and theview from the sea facing room was superb.

When you walk into the hotel, the grandeur of the decor and the quiet efficiency of the crew is very impressive. The rooms are very plush and every aspect of guest ergonomics has been paid great attention.

The food was lovely - leaning more towards continental fare.

Overall, it was very nice experience.

- especially the lovely .

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident, Nariman Point. Your positive feedback helps us to constantly monitor and improve the service we endeavour to provide to our guest.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit assuring you of our best services and personalized attention at all times.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I would like to thank the friendly and professional staff at Trident Hotel. I have visited Mumbai for Business at Fort Mumbai and stayed at the room with the beautiful view of the Ocean.
Hope to see you again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your valuable review on Trip advisor about Trident, Nariman Point!

I am delighted to note that you have had an enjoyable stay and it was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Trident Nariman Point. From the hotel, it was easy walking to a number of interesting sites and shopping. The indoor 'mall' on the property was interesting, no bargains, but a good option if you were looking for something specific. The restuarants at both the Trident and Oberoi (connected) were great. The rooms were very nice and comfortable, with a good supply of amenities. I used the laundry service and received well cleaned and pressed clothing in a lovely basket presentation. Definitely a good choice for future visits.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

Thank you very much for posting your reviews about your experience at Trident, Nariman Point.

I once again thank you for your kind words. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Mumbai and every endeavor will be made to ensure that Trident, Nariman Point becomes your home when visiting this city.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Undoubtably, the elegance of the Trident at Nariman Point is very bold. Step into the hotel's large and luxurious lobby that overlooks the Arabian Sea, while the pianist plays the classic pop songs under the soothing evening lighting.

Though the property has got itself an excellent and modern infrastructure that surely is capable, my stay unfortunately wasn't as remarkable as it could have been. Though I am not entirely certain of the reason why, I believe that more upgraded service hospitality that parallels the wonderful hotel would very well inscribe a more memorable impression to the guests.

The hotel, by itself, is almost flawless. The five high-speed elevators took me to my room at the 30th floor in seconds, and across the inviting and warm corridor with warmly greeting housekeeping, the excellent room awaited.

A spacious room overlooking the city, a decent view even enjoyable while taking a warm bath in the bathtub, thanks to the transparent bathroom window (which of course, could be curtained down by the button). The city view category rooms face backwards towards the city. Though you can manage to get a slight glimpse at the Taj Mahal Palace, the Gateway of India is unfortunately blocked by the many obstacles in front and is not visible from room.

The central air conditioning worked perfectly well without any noise, the working desk was big enough with a convenient charging station adjacent to it.

The television was big enough, with a decent number of channels on it though I was a little disappointed by the lack of basic ones like Vh1 and History Channel. The secondary television speaker in the bathroom is a nice addition as well.

Surprisingly enough, the bed was quite harder than what I had expected, though it still is very comfortable. However, I did experience some itchiness on my legs frequently which made my sleep quite uncomfortable. Also, reading one review on TripAdvisor in which a guest posted a snap of a bedside table with a cockroach crawling on it didn't help much either.

The renovations at the Trident is a visual success, with new and modern furnitures ergonomically designed and neatly arranged to give the room more spacious look. The cleanliness was flawless, and the room, its furnitures and the bathroom were cleaned perfectly. They sure impressed me as they passed my "finger-dust-test" on even the farthest corners.

The bathtub, however, was an unexpected disappointment. As I filled the tub for the first time, it soon became a bubble bath, assumedly due to a heavy usage of the cleansing chemicals by the housekeeping.

The hotel's location is just superb, as it made my commute to the NCPA theaters just a minute's walk away.

Drop by at the swimming pool, which is really nice. It overlooks the queen necklace of Mumbai, has a small children's play area and a cozy garden-like arrangement with a little walking track. Below the pool level is a sauna, gym and spa which all are nice amenities to make the stay more relaxing in this business district.

One of my complaints is the pricing of the Internet connectivity. As agreed by every other people who stayed at the Trident, the rates are just ridiculously high. With such high prices, I would expect a buffer-free lightning speed, which isn't the case either.

But more so than the Internet, the biggest frustration of my stay was the food.

I ordered a full-course meal on room service, which included a soup, chicken curry, Indian breads, a vegetable mixed fried rice and a beverage.
I soon discovered it to be a big mistake.

The asparagus soup was just a "meh" average soup. The restaurant got my order wrong and instead of the vegetable mixed fried rice, served me a plain steamed rice. The garlic naans arrived cold and stone stiff, which tasted like rubbers. The "garlic" seems to be only a visual reference, as they didn't taste anything of garlic at all. The lassi was a white mixture of concrete, making drinking it out of straw seeming like a concrete suction. It made even McDonald's milkshakes seem silky smooth.
The chicken curry was the worst part. When a restaurant puts a "T - signature dish" sign beside a title on a menu, it means that it bets its brand name on the excellence of that particular item. Did the curry live up to the Trident brand, is questionable. Being a very popular and common dish that is served on every restaurant in India, I expected Trident's to differentiate the others on uniqueness. Well, it was far worse. It arrived cold, lacked any flavor and was just simply bad.

As I made the call to clear the food trolley, the staff just brushed in and out of my room clearing the trolley, without even caring to ask about the food I just had.

The breakfast was of a disappointing quality as well. The variety was only good by numbers, there was hardly any good food to choose from, and the famous bread spread wasn't exceptionally good as hyped.

What was irritating more than the horrible food, is the service. The staffs rushed to empty the stacks as soon as the breakfast timings were over, even the restaurant tables were half occupied. It was an obscene sight in which one staff was busy taking off all the tongs that he completely ignored the line of guests behind him waiting to pick up the food. I then saw them eventually picking up the pieces with their fingers.

The F&B should never be ignored in a hospitality industry. Judging from other food related reviews of the hotel, Trident appears to be looking down upon the quality and standards of its F&B. What makes, or breaks, the reputation and leaving remark and impression of a hotel during a guest's stay is the dining experience.

Amidst the tarnished reputation since the terrorist attacks and a tough to beat competition with the famous and iconic Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, my stay at the Trident wasn't as a remarkable experience as I have hoped it to be. However, I hope that my willingness to return to the hotel for my next visits to Mumbai surprise me otherwise.

Room Tip: Even the 'city view' rooms offer a little view of the sea over the horizon, if located on a...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank jungdk
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

I was most concerned to learn about your dissatisfaction with the service during your stay with us. I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you. Your feedback on the Food and Beverage has been shared with the team. I apologise that we were not able to live up to the standards that we aspire to achieve and let me assure you that your feedback has been shared with the Frangipani team and the Room Service.

I have personally shared your disappointment with the concerned team members and I take full responsibility and ownership for the lapse in our service and assure you that greater care will be taken to avoid such incidents in the future.

Do let me know when you are travelling next and I will be happy to make the necessary arrangements.

We look forward to welcoming you back and we shall spare no effort to ensure that Trident, Nariman Point continues to be your “Home” when you are in Mumbai.