“Amazing Customer Service!!!”

Trident, Nariman Point
Ranked #9 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel September 22nd for 3 nights as part of our honeymoon. Although the property itself is not quite a 5 star (aesthetically speaking, the customer service is most definitely 5 star!! Here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
We got an excellent package that included free unlimted wifi and breakfast at Frangipani. Frangipani is excellent. The staff is amazing, so courteous and on top of things. We had a tiny issue at breakfast one day and I casually mentioned it to our server Glenn (whom we were delighted to see everyday we ate breakfast there). The next morning not only did he, the chef and the restaurant manager personally come to our table to apologize, they comped our lunch, which was very generous (and the food was delicious).

The staff acknowledged our honeymoon numerous times (which is not what I can say about the Four Seasons, the other property we stayed at in Mumbai). I work in the hospitality industry, so I really appreciate their attention to details and the fact that they acknowledge we are celebrating a very important time of our life at their hotel.

The room itself is lovely (we stayed in a Premier Ocean View Room), but nothing spectacular (other then the view). The bathroom toiletries are lovely (Trident Brand). The spa is lovely and the gym facilities are plentiful, although in a small area.

The location itself is great. The best area to stay in when in Mumbai.

Cons:
Not too many. The pool is in a lovely location (overlooking the skyline of Mumbai). It is in need of an upgrade though. The tiles looked really old and the water was tooooo cold. It wasn't very tempting to dive in.

The Trident Nariman Point really know 5 star customer service

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kguerra
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Greetings from Trident Nariman Point!

I am delighted to note that our product, service and personnel have left you with a favourable impression. We are glad that we could make your trip memorable. Your generous compliments have been passed onto Glenn and the team for making your stay a comfortable one.

We thank you for your feedback on the pool. It is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Trident, Nariman Point.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I got a room facing the sea, had a lovely view at night. Refreshing view in the morning. Rest of it is a functional 5 star, good for business trips. The part of the trident group. The Delhi trident is much better in terms of the architecture and layout but of course the view is better from this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

Thank you for posting your valuable response on Trip advisor about Trident, Nariman Point!

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident, Nariman Point. Your appreciation motivates us in our endeavor to create delight for all our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Trident, Nariman Point.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stayed at the Trident on a business trip and the experience exceeded expectations. The meeting rooms were very well staffed and the service good. I ate at the India Jones restaurant where the food was first class. All in all a first class trip

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident, Nariman Point.

Your feedback is most valuable to us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit assuring you of our best services and personalized attention at all times.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

When I booked my holiday with The India Experience I asked them to sort out something special for our stay in Mumbai as it was going to be my 50th while we were there so they booked us into this hotel. They couldn't have picked anywhere better - both me and my husband loved it. The tour company had informed the hotel that it was my birthday so they upgraded our room and left a birthday cake for me. The room itself was looking onto the sea. We were on the 27th floor and the view was incredible. We arrived at midnight and we were so tired that I didn't even bother to look out of the window. In the morning we opened the electronic blind and, as it raised I thought I was staring at a wall, but soon realised it was an expanse of sea and what looked like a New York skyline - Mumbai in all its glory.

The breakfast was superb. I have coeliac and the tour company had advised the hotel of this. They brought me freshly baked gluten and wheat free bread on each morning of the 3 days we stayed. I really pigged out as the food was so good, and had a couple of dosas and idlis as well.

Marine Drive is an excellent location so there was no shortage of places to eat nearby. On the night of my birthday we dined in the hotel's India Jones restaurant. The food is Indian, Malaysian and Thai. I had a Thai curry and my husband had an Indian dish. The food was delicious and the restaurant staff were so nice and friendly.

One of the days we went for a swim in the next door Hotel Oberoi pool as the Trident's was not in use. It was a beautiful pool in lovely gardens overlooking the coast.

This hotel was just amazing and I would love to go back at some point in my life. If you get the chance to go to Mumbai treat yourself and book in here for a couple of nights.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Arnuba
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident, Nariman Point. Your appreciation for the service motivates us in our endeavor to create delight for all our guests. The team is our strength and your invaluable feedback helps and inspires them to strive harder for excellence.

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for support and for kind words of appreciation. My team and I look forward to welcoming you at Trident, Nariman Point.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights during IATO convention. Beautiful lobby overlooking sea , Room was very spacious and neat and clean. Food was good and staff in restaurant/ banquet were attentive and friendly. house keeping was good well maintaining property clean all the time.overall experience was very good , Thanks to Trident Team.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Greetings from Trident Nariman Point!

Thank you for choosing Trident Nariman Point during your stay Mumbai and for taking the time to share your feedback.

It is indeed heartening to know that the team at Trident has exceeded your expectation in every way. Your generous compliments have been passed onto my team. We thank you for your kind words of appreciation.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Trident Nariman Point.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I can only reiterate what a lot of other reviewers have said about this property. From a tourism perspective I felt that its location was absolutely fine. With only one full day in Mumbai we were able to see the main sites we wanted to see, generally within walking distance of the hotel.

If you're lucky enough to get ocean facing rooms you're in for a treat. The rooms have HUGE picture windows (with electric blackout blinds!) and the view from my 23rd floor room was amazing (this would actually be something like the 15th floor as they skip around 8 floors after a mezzanine area!).

The room itself was excellent - well equipped, 'open plan' bathroom with a glass wall to the bedroom (equipped with an electric privacy blind).

We only ate in one restaurant (Frangipani) but found the food and service to be excellent and reasonably priced - and if you're one of those people that can never decide which dessert to order, you can order TWO desserts from a good selection (including ice creams) for what would be the price of a single dessert in many 5* hotels. Drinks (including beer) were very expensive however!

There's a rooftop swimming pool which looked great but the weather wasn't really conducive to swimming in the early evening (the only time available to me) when it was quite windy and drizzling with rain!

Room Tip: Request an ocean facing room for the view!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Greetings from Trident Nariman Point!

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us and for sharing your experience at Trident Nariman on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident Nariman Point. Your appreciation of the food served, the facilities on offer and our services motivates us in our endeavor to create delight for all our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights from Wed to Sun. Service was exceptional from when I arrived to when I left. Staff courtesy was always noticeable.

I arrived via train from Surat and was t the hotel at 09:00 and desperately needed to get to my room (Case of Delhi Belly). No Problem was able to check inn immediately. Stayed on the 26th Floor City Facing, rooms are clean and neat and very comfortable.

I also had all my meals in the Trident and next door Oberoi, the Italian Resturant in the oberoi's service was impeccable and memorable SERVICE OF THE HIGHEST STANDARDS. Also enjoyed the Frangipani.

Great Hotel location and wonderful vibe for and evening walk which I undertook daily. Great atmosphere being amongst all the local joggers, lovers, families etc.

Would definitely stay there again. Price very reasonable

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and that services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction. The team at the hotel is pleased to know that they were able to meet and exceed your expectations.

We value your patronage and look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times.