“Meatalicious!!”
Review of IMBISS

IMBISS
Ranked #497 of 14,583 Restaurants in Mumbai (Bombay)
Cuisines: Barbecue, German
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Meating Point - IMBISS is a casual European restaurant, specializing in German cuisines. As the name suggests, it is a 100% non-vegetarian diner serving up exotic meats like quail, guinea fowl, turkey and emu amongst others. We have flowing beer, fine wines and spirits of all kind to compliment the lip smacking flavors of our good food.
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Meatalicious!!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

A place for all meat lovers. Its a very small place with hardly any place to move around, but who cares when the food tastes so good. The roast beef was one of the best I have had and the chorizo pulao was a great find too. There were lots of things on the menu which I would have loved to try, but alas, only so much that could be had at one go.
The service was good too. They changed the dish without a fuss when the waiter had accidentally knocked over the drink and a bit had fallen on the food. A definite place to go back to.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank susmitadas3
imbiss_colaba, Manager at IMBISS, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for the review! We are happy you enjoyed the experience and our food.Do visit us again and try some of our other dishes.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“meat extravaganzaaa”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

great food . great service . wonderful place to eat at . , good value for money . once again great services and food . a must visit for meat lovers. i recommend everything .

Visited September 2013
1 Thank raullouispereira
imbiss_colaba, Manager at IMBISS, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thanks Raul. We are happy you enjoyed the experience and our food. We hope to see you again soon.
Bris, United Kingdom
“Meateoric”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

After 7 years in Mumbai I have finally found a place that does great western meat dishes at really sensible prices. I was sceptical when I ordered roast pork and even more concerned when my friend did too so I would not be able to dip into his if mine was inedible. In the end I would have dipped into his just to have more except the portions were too generous and I was full. I've had ok western dishes in India before but not simple meat and 2 veg that are not let down by awful meat or glutinous gravy. Imbiss suffers from neither and I am just grateful it is round the corner from my flat so I can visit again and again every time I hanker for Europe.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Nigellang
Peter M, Owner at IMBISS, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thanks Nigel! We love it when people love our food. We hope to see you again and try our other dishes.
Mumbai, India
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The meaty place...”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This probably the only place where you get real european styled meat. We were a group of 5 after a night a Cafe Mondegars. We called 10 mins before last order. The staff was kind enough to make sure that the kitchen was open till we reached. We ordered quail egg, Hot Dog, Hungarian Gaulash and Garlic bread.

Garlic Bread was very standard. Nothing special. But all the other dishes were just amazing. I had Gaulash after 3 years of visiting Budapest. The Gaulash took me back to Hungary.

The only problem was that they cook all dishes in the same pans as beef. One of my friend was not ready eat stuff from the same pan where beed was cooked. They should cook beef dishes in separate pans. This will make imbiss delicacies accessible to more people.

• Visited July 2013
Peter M, Owner at IMBISS, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thanks Murthy. We are happy you enjoyed the experience and our food. We hope to see you soon.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Beer, Ham, Bacon!!!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

IMBISS Colaba is the place to be for some great Music, awesome food and friendly service. The moment you walk into the restaurant, it gives you a warm welcome and makes you feel at home instantly. The staff is very friendly and welcoming, Food is priced fairly well compared to the other eating joints in the vicinity. We had a the Spicy beef, Bacon and duck cakes its deliciously delicious :)
If you are looking for some place to unwind after a tiring day of work, IMBISS is the Place to be.

• Visited July 2013