“This a great restaurant!”
Review of The Sassy Spoon

The Sassy Spoon
Ranked #98 of 14,577 Restaurants in Mumbai (Bombay)
Price range: $500 - $1,200
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“This a great restaurant!”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Please get hold of the restaurant manager, he is the best person to recommend from the dinner menu. The food is fusion of various European flavours, and its great. X indego chef has taken things to the next level. We ate fabulous fish, mouth watering steak and superb wine sangria.

• Visited March 2014

• Korean first
Singapore
“Quite a gem”
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

I had just one day in Mumbai and wanted a good meal near the Trident where I was staying, and found Sassy spoon based on the excellent reviews here in tripadvisor. I must say what a quaint little place this is, quite Parisian and a surprise how lovely the food was. I was a single female dining alone, and I think staff probably was surprised to see that. Service was very attentive, and always someone was hovering around to ensure I was quickly served. I ordered the radish onion soup, a trout, dessert and coffee as well as drinks, the meal wasn't cheap by local standards and in fact more than I would usually spend even in home country but I was keen to savor a wide range of the restaurant's menu since reviews here went very well. The soup had a very sharp peppery flavor which I'm unused to, but otherwise everything else was lovely. I ordered tiramisu and was pleased to note that it's drenched in kahlua. I would certainly be back again if I next travel to Mumbai.

Visited April 2014
Orange County, California
“Quirky little place”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Unexpectedly good! Food and service were remarkable - every dish that was ordered was wonderful. A very nice birthday dessert was presented complimentary. Would like to revisit - if it is still around since there is such a rapid turnover of restaurants in this city.

• Visited February 2014
Guangzhou, China
“Never fails to impress”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Headed to the Sassy Spoon as we always do on our visits to Mumbai and yet again we have been thoroughly impressed with the quality of food and service that this hidden gem has to offer. The food is simply excellent and the service is always great. The beef is some of the best you will find in Mumbai and the Nutty beer ricotta filled ravioli is to die for, worth the trip for just these two. When put together with the pleasant and friendly atmosphere it is a truly pleasurable dinning experience. Will keep coming back and recommending to all who we meet.

• Visited April 2014
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“An exceptional surprising find”
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at a nearby hotel - The Trident Nariman Point, and despite not being obvious to find this restaurant is really well worth searching for. We experienced exceptional food and attentive but not claustrophobic service, the owner was present when we arrived and came to chat and suggest menu items.
All our courses, we managed starters, main and desserts were interesting and beautifully prepared, a really good evening out. Do go and try it. They have also won a recent Time Out award.

Visited April 2014