“Nostalgia of yester years!”
Review of Cafe Sundance

Cafe Sundance
Ranked #988 of 14,878 Restaurants in Mumbai
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Mumbai
Reviewed March 13, 2019

I am an old timer. My reviews are based on my visits to this coffee shop from 1983 till ~1990. Used to be a great place to have cup of coffee, a snack, read the newspaper or while away time with your beloved(s). Food was OK. Espresso was great! those days not many restaurants served espresso coffee. Upstairs was cozy with a lot of privacy ;-). Sit for hours and watched the world go by or stare into emptiness when your beloved cast you aside to be with a new fella :-(. Brings back a smile on my face and I feel like I am 23 again! Sigh........!!

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed March 11, 2019

The food is okay but you have many other better place in Mumbai to hang out. So would not recommend this place much

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 4, 2019

Good food and they have vegetarian choices too. Quiet place, so peaceful atmosphere. They need to change their embience.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed May 2, 2018

Let me apprise the readers...Cafe Sundance has shut down since a few years now...But, I can't help write a tribute to it. Many years ago (around 2008-9), my friends dragged me to it, claiming it was really good value for money. I gave in, but came back a tad disappointed...the food was twisted and tweaked to give it an indian flavour. My veggie burger was the pits...
Around 2012, another set of friends swore by its quality of food and I gave in, somewhat prepared for a lousy meal. But hark! Not only was I struck by the service, but totally gobsmacked by its excellent quality of food. I couldn't fault any dish (and among the bunch of us, we tasted quite a few)...I visited it shortly thereafter, and was left even more surprised...the quality, flavours, service has ssutained, to my pleasant surprise. On enquiry, I was told a french chef had planned the menu and the flavours.
I left Mumbai for a few years, and as soon as I came back, I went straight to Caf Sundance for an expectedly delectable meal...but to my dismay, it had been replaced by another. I hear the french chef (the traitor) had opened his own fine dining place somewhere in Worli...
Cafe Sundance was the unsung hero, with flavours giving my favourite Indigo Deli a run for its money (literally), as prices were more affordable...
I tip my hat to it and its staff. Do come back...

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank eskay1232018
Reviewed March 27, 2018

Cafe Sundance is a nice place to some good variety of quick bites. the food taste good and the service is fast

Date of visit: August 2017