All reviews top sheet minute walk train station other hotels dorm fort cst colaba
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

For a solo traveler this is prob the cheapest, cleanish place you will find. Still overpriced, even by Mumbai standards.

Rooms are boring and very dormish. Somewhat clean. Common toilets. This hotel is really a 'jam as many people in a room' flophouse for locals.

Worst is the internet policy. They periodically black out the internet on purpose. Westerners lose it. The sheepish staff are just following illogical orders.

Date of stay: August 2013
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Arriving late our hotel of choice The Travelers Inn was full but directed us a street over to the Windsor. At 1880 we were grossly overcharged for our room which was as close to a 'dump' as we have ever experienced. The room was dirty, every bit of it. The shower did not work and the whole hotel had a 1970's asylum feel to it. We have stayed many places around the world but money for what you are getting; this hotel is likely the worst we have ever experience. The wifi only works between certain hours and not within your room. Instead you need to go to the "common area" which is a small room with a table and a couple chairs. We literally checked out at the crack of dawn and even that was not early enough. We ended up going down the road to the "Hotel Everest" which was also basic but the staff were helpful and the rooms were clean. The nightly bill at the Everest was only 1000. To summarize if you are thinking of staying at the Hotel Windsor, just don't!

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This place should be shut down on legal terms. First of all, I had to pay the doorman $50 to let me in after midnight. If that wasn't enough, I made it to reception one minute late (my room was cleared well in advance) and six thugs (3 who dubiously claimed to be cops) beat my nose bloody. If you're still not convinced, breakfast is pure crap- 7:30 to 9:50 if you're lucky, and dry toast, cheap jam, and the tiniest dollop of butter you're ever seen. Still not bad enough? The owner fired the night porter for letting me talking to someone whom she thought was a drug dealer. How this place stays in business I'll never know.

Note pictures- bloodied nose from 'Cop" staff, also the drain from the sink simply splashes onto the floor!

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is Mumbai, so you know in advance you will pay too much for your room. We only got to this hotel because the travellers inn was sold out. A non inviting hallway leads you to the second floor. The lady at reception is very friendly and helpfull. The hall and stairs are packed with backpackers with their laptops and Ipads. I guess they don't have wifi in the rooms. We got a double room with bathroom for 1880Rs (the cheaper options have sheared bathrooms) and the first impression was OK. But then it started: no hot shower, only hot water from the tap wich is steaming hot for 30 seconds and then lukewarm, dirty sheets ans smelly blankets, AC was in the room but did not work and when I informed how I could get it to work, the only answer I got was "no aircon!", an extremely noisy ceiling fan, dirty bathroom, a mirror full of stains -could hardly see myself in it-, a tap that I hardly dared to touch. To get hot water, a switch in the hallway has to be turned on, and staff always turns it back off. There is constantely a lot of staff in the hallways that is very pushy and nosy, always trying to have a peek in your room and try to get in with any excuse, waking you up at 8am for breakfast almost breaking the door down to get in while breakfast is till 10am, at 7am there is someone yelling in the hall as if he is selling chai on the street or so, TV is constantly breaking down.
We had a room at the back of the hotel, and the building at the other side has not drains, so all the water just pours out of holes in the wall and splashes on the metal roof below making a horrible loud noise. Bring earplugs!
Breakfast is included and was ok, only the chai was undrinkable and bitter. Location is quite good, walking distance from CST train station.
One thing was very nice, we had to catch a night flight and were allowed to stay in the room till 7pm without extra charge, so we could freshen up before leaving for the airport. That deserves an extra service point.
This hotel is acceptable because it is one of the less expensive options in Mumbai, but it certainly is NOT the best choise you can make and maybe spending a few rupees more can get you into a much better place.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Very good hotel, the room was clean. Since they were full they gave us a room with no shower but it was just perefect for our budget. The bathroom is shared but also very clean.The staff is very friendly, they were willing to help us and took very good care of us.

Date of stay: January 2013