“Simply loved it”

Pizza Metro Pizza
Ranked #344 of 15,032 Restaurants in Mumbai
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In 1993 we were the first restaurant in London to cook our uno metro (1 meter) long pizzasin a wood burning oven. At Pizza Metro Pizza now in India, we honour the great traditionsof London’s best Pizzeria. Our dough is made fresh each day from the finest wheat, hand-stretched and cooked on the stone of our wood burning oven.Our sauces are made from only the finest vine-ripened Italian tomatoes and topped withselect fresh cheeses, extra virgin olive oil, choice meats, freshest vegetables, herbs andspices.Not only do we have the best Neapolitan food, made from the freshest and finest traditionalingredients, our menu has a great choice of a tasty wide range of antipasti, delicious freshpasta, fabulous fish and meat. We also have daily specials.We suggest you opt for wine as it best compliments our food. We believe that a true Pizzeriashould be a gathering place for family and friends to relax, share great food & wine and enjoyeach other’s company.Diego wishes you a lovely meal, Thank You!
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Amazing pizza - first one I got in India which was so yummy and tasted like a real italian / neapolitan pizza. Could have eaten a second one right afterwards.
Service was great, fast and very helpful (and very kids friendly!)
Will definitely come again more often!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was very happy to find out on my recent trip to Mumbai, that India now got a Neapolitan pizzeria! I have to admit that Pizza Metro Pizzas are true, authentic Italian products - I don't see much different with pizzas I had back in Naples.

Tomato sauce is properly sweet and tasty, dough is aromatic and thin, toppings are exactly enough. It feels like Italy inside - nice decor, Italian guys cooking the food in front of you, Italian music playing.

Overall, I totally recommend this place and I'm gonna come here on my every Indian trip! Grazie mile, ragazzi!

2  Thank DenisDuster
Reviewed April 7, 2013

It's important to start off any review of this place by saying that the pizza is amazing- the sauce, the cheese, the toppings, and above all the beautifully perfect crust are as good at it gets and then some (and not just in India, but this pizza can compete with pizza anywhere).

Having said that, the value is non-existent. The pizza is just absurdly expensive at around Rs. 1000 (incld. tax) for most pies, each of which yields you 4 medium-sized slices. This just makes no sense. If people are familiar with pizza in Europe you'll find this pretty baffling. Or consider the US, where at the top pizzerias in the country (so Chicago, NYC, or New Haven) you can share a pie cut into 12 huge slices with 3 other people for what comes to about Rs. 800 (or $15 US). So, as beautiful as the taste is at Metro, it's only worth it if you literally have oodles of money to burn (or to bake in this case).

Lastly, when the staff DID come to our table, they were super sweet and professional, but the problem is that we rarely saw them. Unfortunately, there was that style you sometimes see in Mumbai where there are 5 or 6 waiters standing around while 10 patrons spread out over 3 tables eat, drink, and try to get their attention to order, but they can't seem to be bothered to come by. Our meal was low-lighted by no water, no ordering when we wanted to, no bill when we asked for it, and missing ordered items. I would never normally complain about service but it was quite startling at Metro, especially when you're paying about three times more than you should for the meal.

3  Thank GunnersMcG
Reviewed March 17, 2013

1st joint i came across where you get authentic italian pizzas & that too in Meter long size!!! Amazing Parmesan cheese pastas & fabulous desserts, especially the tiramisu!!A very pleasant ambiance & great service! Totally Worth it ;)

2  Thank var90
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Having lived for three years in Naples, I was skeptical when I heard about the opening of this British establishment in Khar West. But I gave it a chance and was won over by the fantastic pizza. The head chef is from Sardinia, and the two pizzaioli are from Naples and Bari. Tried the Portobella, the Rucola e pomodorini and the Margherita. I was stunned by how authentic the pizzas were. Yes, they use real buffalo mozzarella. And the crusts are chewy the way they are supposed to be. For dessert, we tried the pastiera and the panna cotta, both of which were delicious.

My wife had previously visited and had the spaghetti alle vongole and was very disappointed. She chalked it up to a different quality of seafood from that in Naples. But if you stick with the pizza, you can't go wrong.

The decor is pleasant, with some Totò posters and copper pots hanging on the walls.

My only complaint is that there is a bit too much salt in the food. But you could ask the waiter to tell the chef to prepare a low-sodium pizza.

Authentic Neapolitan pizza does not come cheap in India, so be prepared to pay around $27 per head for one appetizer, a pizza and dessert.

2  Thank pinguinoBC