“Horrible experience”
Review of P.A.Residency

P.A.Residency
Ranked #184 of 417 Mumbai (Bombay) B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I have managed to stay 3 nights with this hotel in its 3rd floor next to the kitchen, mosquitos and ants in the wall, bed is small, no windows, wall exterior is crapy, more over the steps are hard to manage to reach the room. Always noise from kitcen and the last day i slept with the smell of insect killer to avoid ants in the room. Typically this hotel value less than INR 1000 according to the quality but they charge almost 3 times more! Atleast they could have use some common sense while making the room ! No mat or towel to avoid the water when coming out of bath room, no spoons along with tea/coffee maker ! Also be careful you have to pay the amount by cash as they says credit card macine is out of order! typically 17th century hotel with a beautiful website of 22nd century!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Anil K

Reviewed December 10, 2013

The hotel is good as part of cleanliness, staff behavior and help. I appreciate the behavior soft spoken Mr. Kohli who provides the best of the services.

The rooms are small in sizes (I had opted for Standard Deluxe) as per the prices, but overall a good budget hotel in good location of Fort, Mumbai. The bathroom is also smaller in size.

The breakfast (complimentary) should be improved upon with varieties. I got bread, omelet and butter, jam everyday and one vegetarian dish, Tea. They should add milk, cornflakes and coffee to match the taste of other travelers.

Room Tip: The travelers should get the mosquito repellant sprayed every evening to have a good night sleep as...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Don't be fooled by the similarity of this hotel name with Residency Hotel, which is 100% better in all matters possible.
Firstly, after I entered the hotel up windy steps, the receptionist could not find my booking and said all the entry level rooms were taken.
Then she said she can 'upgrade' me to a deluxe double room which I kindly obliged and paid the whole amount that was originally quoted to me by bookings.com.
I then asked how much it was to the airport by taxi for the next day and she quoted be 1500RP, 3 times the average amount!!!
I was hurriedly taken up the most narrow, steep and dangerous stairs in a hotel I had come across in India.
As I approached the room, the hall lights were turned off, other rooms on the level still had workers banging away on their renovations and as my room door was opened, the odour of a freshly painted room suffocated my sense of smell.
The sheets were stained, the water from the shower head and taps dribbled down and the window next to the bed did not even close!
I quickly booked at Residency Hotel because I remembered how clean and friendly they were when I was mistakenly taken there earlier that day.
I walked down and told the receptionist and a Male manager that I found the facilities appalling and that they had over-quoted the cab ride back to the airport. I asked for my money back as I had been there for less than an hour and not used any of their facilities.
They offered to change my room again and said that the quote for the taxi was so because they would 'ensure my safety to the airport and other cab drivers don't do that'.
By this stage I was infuriated and did not want to spend another minute at the hotel so I stormed out and left without my money.
Don't fall into the same trap as me, I was an international guest who has travelled all over India before my last stop in Mumbai and this was by far the worst hotel.
Other reviews that praise the hotel are false.

Room Tip: Don't even bother.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Aug H
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Decent room for short time stayers. Stay was quite pleasant. Staff was very helpful. The location of the hotel is pretty good in South Mumbai. bit far from Airport. Breakfast was not good in menu, it was very limited in options. Selection of room is important because all the rooms are not as good as all.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank anandbhatter
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Our First impression with hotel was very bad as a sewer manhole was overflowing at the entry and there was no space to walk in and this manhole kept on leaking for next 4 days. The rooms allotted to us had water seepage and stinking. there was no stairways till the rooms, we need to walk thorough the metal stairways which was too unsafe. There was kitchen next to our rooms, smell of cooking was always coming to rooms. We requested for a room change but there was no rooms available so we had to stay there for 2 days. We had 2 rooms for 4 nights. We got new rooms after 2 days which were also having water seepage and stinking. We requested for a room change again which they said could be done after 1 day. The fan sounded like a helicopter with jammed motor. The kettle was faulty. There was no remote for AC. We literally yelled for anything we needed in the room. Horrible....Experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for two nights following our arrival in Mumbai. It is a great priced hotel for its central location. At first we were offered a room at the end of the corridor which we declined to accept due to extensive damp on the walls, we were then provided with a large room which was nicely furnished. There were odd bits with the room that could have been improved such as loose light fittings, but for the price it was well worth it. The view from our room wasnt great - again the management could pay some attention to ensure that exterior area around the hotel is cleaned from rubbish.

Breakfast is served on the corridor but we took it to our room with no problems. The staff were really helpful - especially the lady on reception. My advice is that the manager need to invest some time in paying attention to the small things in the hotel but generally the hotel was clean, modern fixtures including TVs.

For the price, this is definitely one of the best hotels available in a central mumbai location.

Room Tip: Request to see another room if your not happy with the one selected for you - the staff are more tha...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this squalid place for one night and regretted every minute of it. rooms are either without windows, or in the attic but all of them loud, tiny and dirty. So the choice was terrible!
Breakfast takes place standing in the corridor with squalid food.

Despite our booking.com reservation the receptionist tried to charge us a significant higher fee- which while in the hotel we could clarify. Paying with credit card in the hotel was not possible with the receptionist making up all sorts of excuses.

However worst of all upon our return home, we found out that the hotel had charged us for no show on booking.com. - therefore we have effectively paid the room twice!!!!

Therefore our advice - do not go there. They are criminals and the hotel is terrible!!!

• Stayed: October 2013