“Great Location and great Value for money”

The Fern Residency, Mumbai
Ranked #41 of 456 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed November 6, 2013

i have stayed here more than 2-3 times. Very good location, friendly staff, great room size. Full recovery of your money.

food quality is great and staff is very smart and active. even for family, this hotel is recommended in case you want to stay in a central location

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floor are quieter. outside view manynot be great but it is same throughout Mumbai...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Sanjib M, General Manager at The Fern Residency, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Greetings from The Fern Residency, Mumbai !

Thank you so much. It was really heartening to read your feedback and I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed our facilities and services that we offer.

Your words of motivation have been shared with my entire team. We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you again at The Fern Residency, Mumbai !

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I and my wife decided to see a movie at nearby imax cinema so we thought of having lunch at the fern residency as we had already been to meluha one of their other hotels in mumbai and we had a good experience over there.
1. we stay in mumbai, still to locate this hotel was troublesome. ultimately google maps did help.
2. the entrance is a bit confusing as we entered from the main road from acres club.
3. As soon as we entered we were greeted well by reception and we headed for the restaurant.
4. the welcome in restaurant was also good, but while i was going through the menu a waiter came and told me that i will have many more varieties to eat if i have lunch at acres club. this was quite shocking to me as it made me think that they dont wanna serve me. Nobody will tell a customer in TAJ to dine at Marriott our a Marriott customer to dine at courtyard Marriott.
5.But as i trust a brand name more i decided to take lunch at The Fern. I placed the order and the food was good but again the service levels were way too low. If i use to place any extra orders the chefs and waiters and whosoever was in the kitchen use to argue with each other in loud voices. It made me feel that i am the cause for the fights they were having in the kitchen. They could have avoided that, while i was having lunch and discussed it later.
6. Later while leaving the valet person gave my car key to me and told me where my car was parked. we walked in afternoon sun (obviously didnt tip him) and reached my car. No courstesy to bring my car to the Hotel Pick up drop area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from The Fern Residency, Mumbai !

Thank you for your kind words about the hotel services and my team.

The satisfaction of our guests is of paramount importance and I hope we have the opportunity to offer you our best again.

On behalf of me & my team we look forward to seeing you back at The Fern Residency, Mumbai !

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed here for about a month on work, and was very impressed by the hotel. The staff, the restaurant, and the rooms were all fantastic.

Pros:
- Very clean rooms and good housekeeping staff. Modern and spacious
- The staff were all fantastic. From the front desk, to the bar/restaurant to the housekeeping, everyone was very courteous and professional
- Responsive and helpful. Whenever we had questions or requests, such as car hiring and grabbing taxis, the hotel staff were always eager to help. The security guards always greeted you with a smile.
- Great laundry. Good prices as well as 2 free pieces a day. Definitely a must.

Cons:
- For a business hotel, the wifi was slow. I understand there are some limitations, but other hotel experiences in India had better internet experiences.
- Location is a little difficult to find. The hotel is relatively new, and the only major landmark to go by is that it is at the Acres Club. For hotel/rickshaw drivers, this can be a little difficult to do.

Overall though, the hotel is fantastic and I would highly recommend it for business travelers.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from The Fern Residency, Mumbai !

Thank you for your kind words about the hotel services and my team. It gives me great joy that we succeeded in making your stay a memorable one.

It is praise from Patrons like you that motivates everyone at The Fern Residency to go that extra step.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you during your stay due to improper internet services, and it gives us immense pleasure to inform you that the issue has now been rectified.

We look forward to welcoming you back again to The Fern Residency, Mumbai !

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed at the Fern for a five week period in 2013. It really became like home for me. The staff is so accomodating and friendly. There's suitable satellite television, a selection to choose from on the restaurant menu, and comfortable/clean rooms. The staff was great in helping plan trips for our group as well. The only disappointment in our stay was the poor internet service, which apparently is common in most hotels in Mumbai. I will definitely return to the Fern if my travels take me back to Mumbai.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Sanjib M, General Manager at The Fern Residency, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Greetings from The Fern Residency, Mumbai !

Thank you so much for your commendation.

It was really heartening to read your feedback and we are very pleased to know that you enjoyed our facilities and services that we offer. I have shared your feedback with my entire team

I appreciate your feedback regarding poor internet services, it however gives me immense pleasure to inform you that the issue has now been completely sorted out. We regret the inconvenience that may have been caused to you for inappropriate internet services.

Your words of appreciation are huge motivation and encouragement for us at The Fern. We will continue to strive to add more value and comfort to your future stays.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you again at the The Fern Residency,Mumbai.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is a nice hotel suitable for business trips and short stays, located in Chembur, an area where there aren't too many hotel choices. The hotel is part of the Acres Club.

The rooms are large and clean. The flooring is wooden - there are no carpets, but the upkeep is good. Food quality in room is very good and the dining service offered to customize food to personal taste too. The restaurant is average and the seating arrangement is slightly awkward - high chairs and low sofas, neither keeping up with the height of the food table.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AashishC

Greetings from The Fern Residency, Mumbai !

Thank you for your kind observations on the facilities and services offered at The Fern Residency, Mumbai.

We are glad to learn that you were happy with the size, cleanliness & the upkeep of our guest rooms. Its also wonderful to know that you enjoyed the food quality & the dining services offered in the hotel.

We highly regret the inconvenience caused due to improper sitting arrangements at our restaurant. I have noted down your feedback and assure you that suitable corrective measures shall be taken with immediate effect to rectify it.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed at the Fern Residency in Chembur for a month on an extended onboarding program. The hotel staff made my stay in Mumbai one to remember and really made it feel like a home away from home. The staff remembered my name and my food orders without me having to tell them, The concierge was extremely helpful in planning our weekend trips, the housekeeping was fantastic and my room was always spotless. Cant think of anything negative to say about the hotel other than it would've been nice to have a little bit more variety in the complementary breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Sanjib M, General Manager at The Fern Residency, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Greetings from The Fern Residency, Mumbai !

Thank you so much for taking time and sharing your honest feedback on the Trip Advisor forum.

We are glad to learn that you were impressed with the overall facilities & services at our hotel. I have shared your feedback with my entire team. We have noted your valuable feedback pertaining to have more variety in the complimentary breakfast we serve, be rest assured that this aspect has been looked into.

On behalf of my team & myself we look forward to welcome you back soon at The Fern Residency, Mumbai !

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I spent over a month at the Fern for business and have to say the overall experience was excellent. The staff at the hotel were great and would go above and beyond to ensure we had a good stay. They were always very welcoming and incredibly helpful when it came to organsing trips to different places around India.
The hotel itself is very modern as are the rooms which are a great size and have all the comforts I would expect from a good business hotel. They were kept very clean and looked after to a very high standard. With the acres club on site providing an alternative choice of restaurant as well as sporting amenities such as squash courts, pool and gym there was always plenty to do nearby during free time.
The food menu at the hotel was also good with a decent range of Indian and Western food to choose from. The breakfast included was also excellent.
All in all, great hotel and when back in Mumbai I would definitely be happy to choose the Fern Residency in Chembur again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Sanjib M, General Manager at The Fern Residency, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Greetings from The Fern Residency, Mumbai !

Thank you for your glowing feedback about the hotel and the services offered.

We are glad to learn that you were impressed with the overall services at our hotel. Your words of motivation have been shared with my entire team.