We were only in Mumbai for a night after an extensive Indian experience. (See our other reviews of hotels: Delhi, Jaipur and Goa). We booked through the hotel website and arranged a pick up and transfer at the airport to the hotel - saves the hassle and best price bargaining! This was very efficient and good vfm considering the distance from the airport to the hotel.
The hotel was just off the harbour front - an absolutely excellent location, ten minutes from India Gate, the Elephanta Island Ferry and lots of sights and the train station!
We paid extra to stay in a deluxe room which was the nicest room we stayed in during our India experience; well worth the extra money. However, we also had a late flight to London the next day and were given a (free!!!) courtesy room for an hour which admittedly was small and less salubrious but you do get what you pay for. Mumbai is a major city where space is at a premium.
Positives: very clean and modern room, comfy bed, a/c, amazing hot power walk-in shower, great location, use of courtesy room, very quiet, efficiently run, helpful staff, will look after your bags if you have a late flight out and need to leave your things to go off exploring.
Negatives: basic rooms are basic but no complaints to be fair. It is 26km to airport (one and a half hours by car - busy traffic)but that's not the hotel's fault and it is worth the effort because of the location.
Extra Tip: we wish we had booked a couple of days in Mumbai - it's amazing and worth spending time in. Good restaurants nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We take great pleasure in introducing ourselves as one of South Mumbai’s leading budget hotels catering to the needs of corporate and visiting guests from India and around the world since 1941. We are a 50 room hotel located in the "downtown" of the city, next to the Arabian Sea, and walking distance from most major commercial/ business, entertainment, restaurants catering to different cuisines and shopping centers. Owned and managed by family members in the hotel business for more than 50 years, we ensure the best in guest service with personal attention to the needs of our guests. Our motto is neatness and cleanliness and our hotel speaks of it loud and clear. Some of the advantages our guests enjoy when staying with us are:1. The most competitive rates offered in South Mumbai in our category hotels. 2. NO SERVICE charges levied. 3. 24 hours room service offering tea, coffee, cold drinks and light snacks. 4. Room tariff includes complementary morning tea/coffee. 5. Car parking and car wash (no charge). 6. Shoeshine on request (no charge). 7. Minor stitching/mending on request (no charge). 8. Well trained, knowledgeable and motivated staff to serve our guests needs. 9. Guests can use our well-maintained kitchen for "do-it-yourself" cooking (Veg. Only). 10. Wifi available. 11. Pets allowed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau Windsor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Windsor Hotel Bombay
- Chateau Windsor Hotel Mumbai
- Hotel Chateau Windsor Mumbai