Obviously, there are far nicer places to stay in Mumbai, but it seems like it would be difficult to get a better deal than the Windsor. However, we sprung for a deluxe room - perhaps recently renovated? - while our friend's room looked a lot less modern.
The front desk of the Windsor is on the 5th floor. The staff aren't super warm, but they were helpful with every request we made. They picked us up from the airport, recommended local restaurants, helped us with directions. Beyond that, there is wi-fi in the hotel, on a pay per hour(s) basis. The room was really clean. Only downside was maybe the bathroom, it smelled like mothballs and wasn't all that big.
As the headline of my review says, you basically get what you pay for. It's not fancy, but it was a good experience for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We take great pleasure in introducing ourselves as one of South Mumbai’s leading budget hotels catering to the needs of corporate and visiting guests from India and around the world since 1941. We are a 50 room hotel located in the "downtown" of the city, next to the Arabian Sea, and walking distance from most major commercial/ business, entertainment, restaurants catering to different cuisines and shopping centers. Owned and managed by family members in the hotel business for more than 50 years, we ensure the best in guest service with personal attention to the needs of our guests. Our motto is neatness and cleanliness and our hotel speaks of it loud and clear. Some of the advantages our guests enjoy when staying with us are:1. The most competitive rates offered in South Mumbai in our category hotels. 2. NO SERVICE charges levied. 3. 24 hours room service offering tea, coffee, cold drinks and light snacks. 4. Room tariff includes complementary morning tea/coffee. 5. Car parking and car wash (no charge). 6. Shoeshine on request (no charge). 7. Minor stitching/mending on request (no charge). 8. Well trained, knowledgeable and motivated staff to serve our guests needs. 9. Guests can use our well-maintained kitchen for "do-it-yourself" cooking (Veg. Only). 10. Wifi available. 11. Pets allowed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau Windsor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Windsor Hotel Bombay
- Chateau Windsor Hotel Mumbai
- Hotel Chateau Windsor Mumbai