Terrific location in South Mumbai, half a block from Marine Drive and within easy walking distance of most sights visitors want to see in this part of the city. The staff are extremely helpful--we changed our plans and had to rearrange dates while we were there, and they took care of everything--including making calls for us to help us rearrange other stops on our itinerary.
If you care about exterior beauty, this may not be the place for you (the quite ordinary five-story building is undergoing renovation), but the rooms are clean, large, spotless, and air-conditioned; same-day laundry service is reasonably priced; and the breakfast is the best deal we had anywhere in India. Restaurants nearby are good; the staff will also order takeout food for you from these places and deliver it to your room at no extra charge.
Both the renovated superior rooms and the newest executive rooms, which are slightly more expensive, have attached bathrooms, AC, and terraces. Superior is fine for my taste, but the executive rooms are quite luxurious. In this pricey city, both are very good value for the money.
I have stayed at this hotel twice--in 2007 and 2009--and will make it my home in Mumbai on future visits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We take great pleasure in introducing ourselves as one of South Mumbai’s leading budget hotels catering to the needs of corporate and visiting guests from India and around the world since 1941. We are a 50 room hotel located in the "downtown" of the city, next to the Arabian Sea, and walking distance from most major commercial/ business, entertainment, restaurants catering to different cuisines and shopping centers. Owned and managed by family members in the hotel business for more than 50 years, we ensure the best in guest service with personal attention to the needs of our guests. Our motto is neatness and cleanliness and our hotel speaks of it loud and clear. Some of the advantages our guests enjoy when staying with us are:1. The most competitive rates offered in South Mumbai in our category hotels. 2. NO SERVICE charges levied. 3. 24 hours room service offering tea, coffee, cold drinks and light snacks. 4. Room tariff includes complementary morning tea/coffee. 5. Car parking and car wash (no charge). 6. Shoeshine on request (no charge). 7. Minor stitching/mending on request (no charge). 8. Well trained, knowledgeable and motivated staff to serve our guests needs. 9. Guests can use our well-maintained kitchen for "do-it-yourself" cooking (Veg. Only). 10. Wifi available. 11. Pets allowed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Chateau Windsor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Windsor Hotel Bombay
- Hotel Chateau Windsor Mumbai
- Chateau Windsor Hotel Mumbai