We booked directly after reading the promising reviews on Trip Advsior. Our stay was for 3 nights in a deluxe room. The hotel did provide pick up from the airport but our driver couldn't be found initially even though our flight was late in. So lots of standing around waiting. Upon arrival you would be forgiven that you had arrived at a dodgy apartment block that has suffered war damage (it is currently undergoing substantial renovations which is not mentioned on their website). Reception is on the 5th floor with an assortment of rooms on floors in between. So it can be a bit inconvenient when needing to leave your key at reception etc. The floors are serviced by an old fashioned lift which seemed to be in service all the time we were there. Our deluxe room fell short of the pictures and description on their website. Whilst the room was big with 2 double beds, it was not newly renovated and the bathroom decor was at least 5-10 years old. The "balcony" was a joke as it was covered in dirt and scaffolding from the building work going on. The air con unit was not very cold although there were 2 additional ceiling fans. We did double check with reception that we had a deluxe room and they said we had. When we returned to the room on one day, my friend found the cleaners in our room watching the tv and reading our magazines. We complained to reception who then wanted us to point out the offenders with them present! Very unprofessional! Building work started at 10am and went on till the early evening so no chance of an afternoon nap. On the up side the hotel seems very central for sightseeing but beware of all the taxi touts that hassle you as soon as you step out of the hotel. Speak to the doorman and he will call a taxi and negotiate a better rate. We ate at Chopsticks Chinese next door which was very good. Generally disappointed with overall standard of rooms as they are not cheap by Indian standards and def not deluxe by western standards!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We take great pleasure in introducing ourselves as one of South Mumbai’s leading budget hotels catering to the needs of corporate and visiting guests from India and around the world since 1941. We are a 50 room hotel located in the "downtown" of the city, next to the Arabian Sea, and walking distance from most major commercial/ business, entertainment, restaurants catering to different cuisines and shopping centers. Owned and managed by family members in the hotel business for more than 50 years, we ensure the best in guest service with personal attention to the needs of our guests. Our motto is neatness and cleanliness and our hotel speaks of it loud and clear. Some of the advantages our guests enjoy when staying with us are:1. The most competitive rates offered in South Mumbai in our category hotels. 2. NO SERVICE charges levied. 3. 24 hours room service offering tea, coffee, cold drinks and light snacks. 4. Room tariff includes complementary morning tea/coffee. 5. Car parking and car wash (no charge). 6. Shoeshine on request (no charge). 7. Minor stitching/mending on request (no charge). 8. Well trained, knowledgeable and motivated staff to serve our guests needs. 9. Guests can use our well-maintained kitchen for "do-it-yourself" cooking (Veg. Only). 10. Wifi available. 11. Pets allowed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Chateau Windsor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Windsor Hotel Bombay
- Hotel Chateau Windsor Mumbai
- Chateau Windsor Hotel Mumbai