“very good stay”

Chateau Windsor Hotel
Ranked #62 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Dublin
“very good stay”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed in Mumbai for two nights on the way back from our holidays in India . We arrived very early from the train station and were given the room straight away. Very pleased with the service, would definitely stay again in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed February 8, 2013

As the saying goes "you get what you pay for" but here you get a bit more! After staying in a few hotels in Mumbai we found that all budget hotels are not created equal. We stayed here for 2 nights at the end of our stay in Mumbai, and could not have been more pleased. Overall we found it to be a very nice budget hotel in an excellent location.The hotel is clean, service is excellent, and you are within walking distance of the best museums. The staff takes every opportunity to make sure you are taken care of. They are friendly without being overbearing or attempting to send you on a tour every time they see you. We stayed in room 205 and the "penthouse" on the 6th floor. I really enjoyed the room on the top floor the best, its a small bungalow surrounded by a garden of potted plants. You have the whole floor to yourself and a small "terrace" area to sit outside and relax. My only (slightly small) complaint is the wifi would range in speed from serviceable to nonexistent. As my boyfriend and I were hoping to get a bit of work done during our stay this presented a small problem. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to see Mumbai on a budget. An added plus is they have a WONDERFUL restaurant right across the street called the Gaylord. We ate here twice during our stay. It helps to have a restaurant within a minute walk that has great food at fair prices.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Goa
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Arrived very early in morning in Bombay and they made it very easy after a long flight. Did noot expect much but room was very clean and loads of channels on the tv. Memory foam mattress and location is great for visitors. Great for a couple to spend a few nights there, breakfast good and cheap. If you want a nice place for a fair price pick this one. staff very good as well.

Room Tip: any should be OK.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TomAndElly
Scotland
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is the third time we have stayed at this hotel and we have no hesitatation in recommending it to anyone looking for a good value hotel close to Churchgate Station, CST station, Marine Drive and Colaba, Our room was clean and quiet and more than adequate as we intended to spend most of our time sight seeing and only required the room for sleep. The included breakfast on the roof top was basic but it was pleasant to have it out in the open. The reception office was very efficient and the staff friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DougScotland
Anjar, Gujarat, India
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Staying so close to Churchgate station and the Marine Drive was unthinkable at such a budget.
I earlier expected the authorities to compromise on the service they provide for making it an affordable fare, but i was pleasantly surprised and proven wrong. The room was fantastic, very luxurious, and equally neat. The service is very prompt. The atmosphere is kind of homely, not exactly the sort one would expect from a South Mumbai hotel. But heck, as long as the stay is so comfortable, one would care lesser.
Quite a recommendable place in my opinion !

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed here last week for 4 nights during a business visit to Mumbai... I was taken aback when I looked at the Hotel Building from outside.. It was nowhere near a hotel building. It was more of a Serviced Apartment and that became true as soon as I was taken to the reception.

The hotel is 5 floors and the entrance is just a Elevator. You have to take the elevator to go the reception which is on the 5th Floor... Is not a proper reception but more like a government office. Then I was directed to my room which was on the first floor.

Room 109 - The room was not like the other areas of the hotel, this was modern and the furniture and the make of the room is quite new as compared to the building. However there was no Sunlight in the Room. The room has sufficient space but the location was a bit cramped.

For me the fact that there were no signals on the phone was a big dampner. So a warning for Airtel connection holders.. There are no signals et all in the rooms for Airtel mobiles and that was BAD... Imagine being a different city with no phone...

The staff is fantastic and very courteous... However they gave me another bad news which was not what I expected.. There is no restaurant in the hotel... when I say NO... I mean No, Nothing, Niyat.... So for any lunch or dinners you would have to hop out and eat... There are a number of options to eat outside though...

The breakfast which is free is just eggs and bread... or veg cutlets... Coffee and yeah.. that's it....

The location as mentioned by others is very nice... Next to Nariman Point/Marine Drive... Walking from Church-gate station.

Overall an Average experience....

Room Tip: Read my review above...
1 Thank SunnyDua
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This hotel has lots of great things going for it - the staff are very friendly and helpful, it's in a great central location, and the rooms are kept very clean. Unfortunately, my room looked into the inner courtyard, which meant that it was rather noisy at night (until about 11pm most nights). That said, the room was good for me (I didn't need loads of space, as I was on my own) and very good value given where it is. Internet access is extra - at Rs250 per 4 hours, but breakfast is included, and it's served on the roof, which is also a nice spot to sit and drink tea during the day. I'd definitely be happy to stay here again when I'm in Mumbai, but next time would probably pay the extra for a "deluxe room".