Mumbai is a crowded and expensive metro city, full of interesting historical sites within the city. Picked this hotel for its closeness to the Lamington Road. The hotel is only few minutes away from the beach and the Churchgte station.
I was shocked by its apprearence when I arrived. The lift is the good 60+ year-old "cage lift" we can hardly see it anywhere in major cities. I almost ran away to the nearby hotel when the staff show me the renovated Deluxe room on the 2nd floor. The room is equipped with all the bell and whistle of a typical 4-star room. The only complaint is the door doesn't have the manual lock, as the receiption lobby is on the 5th floor.
There are many eateries and restaurants next door. The Chinese restaurant is a no-no only if last resort. "Mocha" is a great place for coffee and food, very reasonable priced with great taste.
The Internet is cheap and good. The taxi drivers downstairs are reliable. The staff is very helpful.
I'll visit this hotel again if I want to stay south Mumbai.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We take great pleasure in introducing ourselves as one of South Mumbai’s leading budget hotels catering to the needs of corporate and visiting guests from India and around the world since 1941. We are a 50 room hotel located in the "downtown" of the city, next to the Arabian Sea, and walking distance from most major commercial/ business, entertainment, restaurants catering to different cuisines and shopping centers. Owned and managed by family members in the hotel business for more than 50 years, we ensure the best in guest service with personal attention to the needs of our guests. Our motto is neatness and cleanliness and our hotel speaks of it loud and clear. Some of the advantages our guests enjoy when staying with us are:1. The most competitive rates offered in South Mumbai in our category hotels. 2. NO SERVICE charges levied. 3. 24 hours room service offering tea, coffee, cold drinks and light snacks. 4. Room tariff includes complementary morning tea/coffee. 5. Car parking and car wash (no charge). 6. Shoeshine on request (no charge). 7. Minor stitching/mending on request (no charge). 8. Well trained, knowledgeable and motivated staff to serve our guests needs. 9. Guests can use our well-maintained kitchen for "do-it-yourself" cooking (Veg. Only). 10. Wifi available. 11. Pets allowed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau Windsor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Windsor Hotel Bombay
- Chateau Windsor Hotel Mumbai
- Hotel Chateau Windsor Mumbai