“little pricy”

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“little pricy”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

little pricy, good 3D effect, comfortable seating. very far from the main town. not very easy to reach.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank GeetaThapar

• Korean first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“best for 3D movies”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The place is far and its about 1 hr drive from south mumbai, but its not disappointing once you get in , the 3D quality of the movie at the dome is unreal, advice please opt for mid row seats

Visited December 2012
Mumbai
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Average”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Much hyped. Not a great theatre, unless you go for the IMAX Dome experience - but better to check whether the movie you want to see is ACTUALLY playing in the Dome

Visited September 2012
Grimsby, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“Good IMAX”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Normally my IMAX experiences are contained at Cine World in Sheffield. I was regretting that I would miss seeing "life of Pi" in IMAX. But as I was travelling to Mumbai, I took opportunity to visit Big Cinema IMAX in Wadala.
This place is a little out of way, and not well sign posted, as a stranger in Mumbai, took some time to find after help from a lots of people.
Entrance is not disable friendly. There is no parking facility for disable person and way rails are placed at the booking office, it was not disable friendly. It is meant to control crowd.
I asked for tickets which are near the door and as a disable I do not have to climb the stairs. He gave me tickets, which were near the door. When I arrived at the theatre, I was told that my seat was on the other side, so I was required to walk arose the whole length of cinema, passing all the people sitting in the middle seats. I realised there was another door, which door keeper did not want to open. So I insisted to sit on the empty seats near the door. Door keeper insisted that we must move, I reassured we will move if people come to for the seats we are occupying.
IMAX experience was much better and enjoyable. Seats in the cinema were very comfortable. Coffee and Ice-cream were very good.
If I would lived in Mumbai, I would definitely become regular visitor to this IMAX.

Visited January 2013
Pune, India
107 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 194 helpful votes
“Most Memorable Experience”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Passed by the dome many times while going towards Chembur or Wadala.
Had not seen a movie there.
It was a bit out of the way for seeing a movie without proper transport.

But when I got the opportunity it was a fabulous and unforgettable experience.

The premiere of PAA came and we went there as a sister of my wife was very interested to see the premiere.

The atmosphere at the theatre was brilliant and fantastic.

News vans and people with cameras and videographing the people coming.

We too got attention.

Just then we saw Amitabh Bacchan standing on the left of the entrance inside,near the hall entrance.

Pranam.

My relatives were just flabbergasted and overwhelmed seeing Amitabh Bacchan and thereafter most of the film stars,actresses and other well known persons, as they kept coming to attend the premiere of PAA.

Seeing Aishwarya Rai Bacchan,Abhishek Bacchan,Shah Rukh Khan, and an endless list of the who's who in the film industry people were just looking this side and that and jostling to get closer and get photographed if possible.
In the melee, as the Deol's came one of the actors bumped in to me.

We then went in and got seats to watch PAA and got to sit close to where the Bacchan family was sitting.

We watched the movie for some time but the main attraction was the various VVIP celebrities of the film world.

We walked out very satisfied with the visit.

Visited January 2012