“Could have been better”

Nehru Planetarium
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Nehru Centre in Worli houses the Nehru Planetarium. (Please note that this is different from the Nehru Science Centre which is located on Dr. E. Moses Road) Nehru Planetarium has 3D shows everyday in English, Hindi and Marathi, about Astronomy.
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I went to see the show with my family. Though my son was excited and felt happy, I felt that the content of the show could have been made much more interesting. The ticket price is really cheap so it is worth going and watching for the 1st time. The seats are average and not very comfortable

1  Thank Atul S

Reviewed April 15, 2014

When the last time I had gone to the Planetarium, it was when I was in my school. Now after 15 years when I go back to his place with my little nephews and niece, ITS THE SAME!!!

Worth a miss. Unless you are sure that a little member from your friend or family circuit will enjoy this one.

1  Thank VasudevGS
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

A boring experience i had a good sleep the same with all audiences present but had good time taking photographs of displayed items

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Built in 1977, Nehru Planetarium is as old as I am, yet it is timeless and gives same joy as I had as a kid. I visited almost after 25 years and felt nostalgic about the iconic building, the exhibits and the dome itself! Planetary weighing scales, lunar landscape, the toy shop and the Mumbai skyline around the dome is there as it remained in my memory. Time has brought some technical advances like the digital weighing scales, LED lights and the biggest one - Digistar 3 Planetary projection system replacing the old Carl Zeiss Mark IV Universal Projector! The old projector is now part of the exhibit and looks like Satellite orbiter. The projection quality has gone up and makes the show Violent Universe more interesting.

Some things could have been done better though for e.g the time given for watching the exhibits before the show seems little short and one just have to race towards the dome. Seating could have been more comfortable. I just wondered if the show could have been in high definition and 3D - what a treat it would be!

It's must visit location for kids above 8 years and also the adults if you are fascinated by celestial objects...

3  Thank iamthetraveller
Reviewed February 14, 2014

A true competitor to Birla Planetorium in Kolkatta. Nehru Planeterium in Worli is a must visit for adults and growing up kids to educate them on the wonders of what lies beyond this earth that we reside in.

2  Thank TravelGuru080