“Excellent for business trips”
Review of Grand Hyatt Mumbai

Grand Hyatt Mumbai
Ranked #24 of 485 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed April 12, 2012

The hotel vurtually has everything you need in a luxury hotel and more. The rooms are spacious, modern, well stocked with all personal artifacts needed for outstation trips. All hotel facilities are well maintained and clean. Really liked the food at China House and the breakfast spread at the coffee shop. The fitness center has great equipment along with an excellent spa. The staff are very courteous, provide excellent service. Definite recommend for business trips.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
GrandHyattMumbai_55, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2012

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai!

Thank you for your kind feedback. I am happy to know that you liked the quality of our accomodation, Club Oasis-Fitness Centre & Spa and the services provided by our staff.

Your feedback about the food at our Chinese restaurant, China House and breakfast at our multi-cuisine restaurant, Fifty Five East has been most encouraging.

We sincerely look forward to welcome you again at Grand Hyatt Mumbai !

Write a ReviewReviews (3,091)

Reviewed April 10, 2012

I stayed 6 nights for a conference. It is a large hotel with over 500 rooms and plenty of restaurants and amenities. Location is non-descriptive since you cannot really walk outside and go anywhere other than taking a car and go somewhere. You are about 30 minutes away from the city centre but in the area where most hotels -business hotels- are.

The business lounge in the first floor was my favorite hide-out where I took my breakfast every morning (included) and drinks and tapas at night (also included). As with most places in India, the Staff were very attentive to the point of overwhelmingly nice. This is quite usual.

The room itself was nicely appointed but sparse, no great decor, just functional. The bathroom was spacious and well appointed but again a bit spartan.

I liked the Spa and Gym and its services. Good place to relax.

The hotel is well maintained but -see the pictures attached- they should take care of the external facade of the building as this does not look right. You do not want to see such a building deteriorating fast.

All in all, recommended for business. Good service, good food, correct rooms and serves its purpose. I would not say it is Grand other than in the name.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank julio b
GrandHyattMumbai_55, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai!

Thank you for your valued feedback. I am glad to know you enjoyed your overall dining experience and services specific to the Club Lounge, Club Oasis- Fitness Centre & Spa and our staff. In addressing your concern with regard to our hotel's facade, I would like to inform you that we are currently in the process of embarking on a refurbishment plan shortly.

Thank you once again for taking time off your busy schedule and sharing your feedback with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon at Grand Hyatt Mumbai!

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Overall I enjoyed my stay at this is hotel and was there for 8-nights. The location is central to conduct business in Mumbai. I was able to walk around the area for some basic toiletries, like hair mousse which the hotel did not have.

The Club Level was excellent and I highly recommend. It included the internet, breakfast, cocktails, canapés, and an airport transfer for additional 3k rupees per day. Before I upgraded I enjoyed breakfast at the buffet downstairs. Great variety, but as usual for a 5-star hotel, very pricey for breakfast!

Usually I don’t eat much for dinner but I dined one night at Celini Italian Restaurant. I was pretty disappointed, the mushroom risotto was not good and the presentation was awful. The dinner with one glass of local India Sula wine and a small salad was very expensive. The bill totaled 3k. For me, I would rather spend that per day as an upgrade and get all of my needs taken care of for one additional price. I am always concerned about value as I am a small business owner and the tab is not paid by a large corporation but out of my pocketbook!

The pool area and health club are excellent. The health club is open 24-hours with lots of cardio, free weights, and circuit training equipment. I loved their huge jaccuzi! I didn’t feel the need to pay for a massage/spa treatment because the health club amenities are included in the rate and share the same dressing and wet room areasas the spa. Part of visiting a spa is for the ambiance of the dressing room, waiting rooms and wet areas. Like many spas, the architects and designers never seem to visit the spa they design. There were a couple of design flaws like the relaxation area was too far from the wet areas, and there was no place to sit after a steam, sauna and jacuzzi to cool down. The vanity area is out in the open with no privacy as people walk in the ladies changing room.

It was a fiasco checking out as I had requested the bill to be split by room nights. It took three trys and 45-minutes of my time to get checked out.

The hallways were extremely noisy. The staff would ring the rom doors bells at all hours and I always thought they were ringing my room. Vacuum cleaners were always going and doors slamming. The rooms were tiny and not enough closet space for more than a night or two’s worth of clothes. There were no chest of drawers to put clothes in other than small ones in the closet for socks and undies. The shower was great though with lots of pressure and very hot water! Housekeeping was excellent, but I tipped them well everyday.

Despite some issues, I would probably stay here again because of the central location to do business in Mumbai and the Club Lounge.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Club Level 1-2. Not the greatest views but very good service.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank firecrackerbaby2015

Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai!

I would like to thank you for your valued feedback and am glad to note that your overall experience at our hotel was good especially at the Grand Club and Club Oasis- Fitness Centre & Spa.

I notice that you had to walk around the area around the hotel for basic toiletries and would like to highlight that the team at our 24-hr Concierge Desk will be glad to assist you for any such requirements the next time you stay with us. I have shared your feedback with the respective departments with regard to your experience with the Housekeeping staff, Front Desk team and the food at Celini, our Italian restaurant. Please do try our multi-cuisine restaurant, Fifty Five East that offers an unlimited spread of 5 delectable global cuisines at a fixed price. We do hope to welcome you soon at Grand Hyatt Mumbai!

Regards,

Reviewed April 6, 2012

We are 20 cople stay at for one day for my friend annivercey .i feel I am one day king heare to stay .
Best royal feeling
Best food
Nice room
Best swimming pool with.sona & steam
& best china house disco is best in Mumbai city .
Thank u grand Hyatt .
We miss u

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank mjain916

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai!

Thank you for your kind feedback. We are excited to know that your overall experience at Grand Hyatt Mumbai was excellent and truly look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to the city.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Really enjoyed my stay at Grand Hyatt. Close proximity to airport, fantastic breakfast buffet and other international food options. Will stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai!

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We pride ourselves in providing a fantastic spread of authentic global cuisine at Fifty Five East, our multi-cuisine restaurant and hope to see you soon at Grand Hyatt Mumbai!

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Really classy Hotel - that look after everything. You don't even need to leave the hotel - which sometimes after long business meetings/flights is perfect.

Staff very attentive although the price of internet could be included within room price. Food quite expensive for Mumbai but buffet downstairs was EXCELLENT!!! Great choice of local and international cuisine.

Perfect distance from airport and will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai!

Thank you for your kind feedback. I am happy to know that your every need was well taken care of by our staff who are always happy to meet and exceed guest's expectation. I am also glad to learn that you enjoyed your dining experience at our multi-cuisine restaurant, Fifty Five East. On your next visit here, you must dine at our award-winning Chinese restaurant, China House, known for its authentic Sichuan cuisine.

Look forward to your next visit here.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

The Hyatt hotels have a certain grandeur.. I experienced the same at this hotel. They have very much staff at the lobby, always helpful, professional and kind. Very impressive arts and the food at the Chinese restaurant was excellent, especially the lobster! The rooms nice, clean. The hotel is not far from the airport, therefore excellent located. I just loved it! The funny thing was that many birds liked bathing in the outdoor swimming pool, laughed a lot when I saw it, but I guess it's difficult to keep them away!

Room Tip: Any room is okay!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple