“escape from seattle weather”

Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai
Ranked #70 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
seattle
“escape from seattle weather”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We just spent 4 days in mumbai at the Sand N Sun hotel on Juhu beach. The weather and hotel were just perfect. Our room had a total view of Juhu Beach and the sunsets. Our room was very clean, excellent airconditioning, airport pick up and drop off were excellent and the included breakfasts were also excellent. The pool, the water temp was 91*, we enjoyed the swimming everyday several times including early mornings and evenings. The hotel is on the beach and access to Juhu beach was available through a gate and we enjoyed walking both in the mornings and evenings. If the hotel was closer to Seattle I would go once a year, the workers at the hotel could not of been nicer from the front desk, manager, driver, pool attendents, cleaning staff and security

Room Tip: Reserve an ocean view room also reserve the room on the hotels web site directly and some of the off...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm glad to know that you have enjoyed the stay with us! Thank you for choosing Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai and taking time out to share your experience through Tripadvisor. It is quite helpful of you to share Room Tips about the Hotel with fellow Travelers.

My team and I would love to see you again on your next visit to Mumbai.

Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed at the Sun n Sand in Mumbai from 3rd December till the 6th December 2012. On the last night a day before we had to fly to Australia we had drunks make a hell lot of noise on the floor the whole night which kept us awake.

Even after repeatedly calling up the reception the noise could not be controlled which was really not upto the mark from the hotel security considering the standard you guys boost about.

Adding to that I sent an email to the manager Gulshan Arora and got a reply from Kunal Krori on 11th December offering a complimentary stay. I explained to him how I am an International customer and don't visit India that often and suggested other workarounds for compensation. I think he took it as a good opportunity not to reply to my emails as I don't live there.

I have sent him a few emails after that which are still waiting on a reply till date. Besides that I have called up a few times now to call up to both Gulshan and Kunal but have been informed everytime they are in meeting and they never returned my calls / emails.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Divesh S
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Divesh Sareen,

Thank you for choosing Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai and taking time out to share your feedback with us through Tripadvisor.

I truly empathize the situation that you faced due to the noise made by the residents on your floor. As discussed with you personally, we left no stone unturned to salvage the situation. However sometimes it becomes difficult to resolve such situations immediately.

I recall our discussion and your subsequent emails pertaining to compensation for the inconvenience. I feel that your demand to compensate you monetarily as unreasonable. At best we can offer you 1 night complementary stay which is transferable.

Please contact me directly to avail the stay voucher.

Greater Munich
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We spent three nights there and had an overall pleasant stay.
Location:
The Sun n Sand is directly located on the beautiful Juhu Beach, in the northern outskirts of Mumbai. Driving to either the domestic or international airport takes some thirty minutes, depending on traffic. Be aware that driving downtown is between minimum one hour on Sundays and up to two hours and more on workdays.
Rooms:
We had a nice ocean view room that was a bit dated, but large enough, well equipped and worth the upgrade. It came with a nice panoramic window, a flatscreen tv with many international news, sports and movie channels, a well-stocked minibar, a comfy bed, a wardrobe and two sofa chairs. Unfortunately the in-room safe didn't work, so we used the safe behind the reception. Which directly brings me of the level of service quality.
Service:
The airport transfers (730 rp each way) were well-organised and in time. Check-in late at night was fast and efficient, and the bags promptly carried to the room. Twice in a row our morning conversation with the staff started with the word "room-number!" coming from the man at the entrance of the breakfast room. Add a "good-morning" and we're back to civilisation. Add a "Sir" and we're in a decent hotel. Add a smile and we're in Thailand. Breakfast itself was tasty and filling. Eggs were prepared any style. They had hot Indian meals as well as pastries or more western-like dishes. Back to the reception. No matter what we requested it was delivered but it never went smoothly. I guess that either the man behind the counter didn't like me, or I didn't understand his sense of humor, or both. Checkout took significantly longer, cause the bill was incorrect and they made quite a fuss about the fact that we had deposited an old bag in the bin. Well, reading the reviews further down, the hotel seems to have a general problem with staff attitude. Luckily, our experience was largely positive.
Bottom line:
The Sun n Sand is certainly a charming and welcoming old hotel with some smaller pecularities here and there. But we would recommend it to everybody and not hesitate to come back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It's a pleasure to know that you've had a pleasant stay. Thank you for choosing Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai and taking time out to share your experience with us!

I have noted your comments regarding staff attitude and have taken it up with the Training Manager to enhance our service levels.

We have recently renovated the Coffee Shop, the Beachcomber Cocktail Louge and some of our premium Suites. Most of the rooms on the first and fourth floor have been partially renovated.

I would like to thank you once again for recommending Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai on Tripadvisor. My team and I would love to welcome you again during your next visit to Mumbai.

delhi
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed here for 2 days and i must say i liked every bit of it. Just found the room to be little small. Else everything was gr8 specially the breakfast buffet and the business lounge services during evening. Its was nice an refreshing as you could see Juhu beach from the hotel.

Overall a good stay. Would like to come back again.

Room Tip: Go for beachside rooms if you want to enjoy the view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai and recommending us on Tripadvisor! It is quite helpful on your part to provide room tip to Tripadvisor users.

We would love to see you again on your next visit to Mumbai.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The most inhospitable hotel experiences... i was a regular guest of this hotel but looks like this is going to by my last visit here. The staff is extremely uncourteous... even the manager... even if rooms with a sea view, which this hotel is famous for, are free, the hotel doesn't offer it till you have paid a premium for the view. and when you call the manager and complain, he says, he can't help it.. and when I said, Then I would shift the hotel, I got a "Your wish" kinda an answer. It feels sorry to see a hotel that was once so good, deteriorate... except the location, this hotel has nothing else to serve now.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Azaz79
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to share your feedback with us.

The Hotel has a total inventory of 120 rooms. Out of these, maximum are the superior category rooms. We have less than 20% of our inventory which are the Ocean view rooms. Most of our guests prefer the Ocean view rooms as compared to the Superior rooms. As a matter of fact, we sell our superior rooms for a cheaper price for this same reason.

From your feedback, I understand that this was not explained to you appropriately. I’ve already briefed my team to take corrective measures.

Muscat, Oman
Reviewed March 6, 2013

one of my favourite hotels in Mumbai. I stayed at this hotel not less than 5 times and every time it gives me new feelings. Clean and neat rooms. very supportive staffs. very nice sea view rooms to relax myself with cup of team ( brewed in room) with few cookies. Free drink for those who enjoy one in the evening! Marvellous Pool side dinner! nice breeze and fresh air from Arabian Sea.
morning walk in the beach and great variety break fast in the seaside restaurant will fill you for the day.
Well maintained Pool relax after a day work. Accessible to all shopping areas and good pick n drop service to airport.
my choice to stay in Mumbai is with Sun N Sand.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms 3rd floor and above
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for patronizing Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Juhu, Mumbai and taking time out to share your experience with us through Tripadvisor. It is quite helpful on your part to share Room Tip with Tripadvisor users.

We would love to see you again on your next visit to Mumbai!

Hong Kong
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Excellent hotel to stay at if you want to be close to the airport but also far enough away to not be disturbed by the airport. Staff are very friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and comfortable (if like me you are from Hong Kong you'll find the room bigger than your apartment!). Food is wonderful especially the kebab restaurant and if you are down early enough you recieve a complimentary drink each evening :-)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Benjamin B,

Thank you for your feedback. It was a pleasure having you stay with us at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Juhu, Mumbai!

My team and I would love to welcome you again on your next visit to Mumbai.