Ramada Plaza Palm Grove
Hotel Ajanta(Mumbai)
  • Restaurant
JC Chalet(Mumbai)
View Hotel
All reviewsjuhu beachsea facing roomstreet foodexcellent locationhealth clubhousekeeping staffpool sidebreakfast spreadhotel is locatedan upgradebusiness trippleasant stayfront officeexcellent staycoffee shopshort staybusiness hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 25, 2009

I would rate the hotel as Average - much smaller room than I expected. Facilities are ok. Service was good.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2009

I had stayed there for two days on a business trip,
My company executive had booked the hotel stated that its 5 star hotel,But even i did not see anything for star rating expect the pool.
Even they dont allow us to sit in the lobby for discusiion.
The staffs are rude particularly a lady duty manager.
I strongly recommend be prepare before you decided to stay there.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed December 12, 2008

Booked 3 rooms for 2 Nights initially and extended our stay by a day because we found it to be a pleasant experience. Mind you our stay was just a week after the tragic attacks at the downtown hotels and must say the enhanced security measures did not dampen our stay.
Place was maintained spic and span, problems rectified in a flash, and staff very eager to cater individual needs.
Will definitely return although the value for money could be better

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed October 24, 2008

Good comfortable hotel but nothing overly special. A few problems encountered but nothing that wasn't sorted quite quickly e.g. faulty safe and internet connection not working. The rooms were quite dated and in need of a spruce up.

The swimming pool was closed one of the three days I stayed there but when it was open, it was very pleasant. The adjoining beach is not that great and not a place I would recommend for any sunbathing (unless you what to constantly bat off the hundreds of vendors). The roof terrace was closed as they were doing some work to it during our stay which was a shame as it could have been quite pleasant to sit up there with a drink and a book relaxing.

Food in the hotel was tasty and the breakfast I have to say was fabulous and plenty of choice to cater for all tastes.

I was there on business but the internet connectivity was rubbish and kept dropping out when it did finally work. Also, extremely expensive.

There are no doubt much better hotels in Mumbai (e.g. the Marriot one block away) however, these obviously cost almost double so it is ok value for money if you just need a decent room for a couple of days. Airport transfers were courtesy of the hotel and were trouble free.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2008

I stayed at the Ramada Palm Grove for 4 weeks - yes 4 weeks - on business, so I think I am well qualified to comment on the hotel and staff - more so than some of the people who have only stayed one night. The staff throughout the hotel are some of the best I have come across in my travels around the world - and I travel a lot. Being a 'long stay' guest, I was invited to a cocktail party once or twice a week - with complimentary drinks and delicious snacks. This was also a great opportunity to chat to senior members of staff in an informal setting. I felt that my opinions were valued and noted. The food was very good, and reasonably priced, both in the buffet restaurant and in the Chinese restaurant. Excellent service from restaurant, bar, room service and reception staff. I left a note for my room service lady that I had lost an earring - she found it down one of the corridors, and returned it to my room with a kind note. Rooms spacious, all clean and regularly maintained. Internet a little sporadic, but I didn't have to pay when it wasn't working. Pool was shabby and needs a coat of paint and a few plants. The smell by the pool noted by a previous resident in this website comes from the beach and is not the responsibility of the hotel. Location is good for the airport, but a LONG way from the centre of Mumbai. Juhu itself is a pretty downmarket place, colourful but with only basic shops. It does not have much 'upmarket' Bollywood glamour that I could see! Overall I really enjoyed the stay - I got to know most of the staff during my long stay, and I would certainly recommend this hotel very highly.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business