“Overall very good experience. Wonderful location”

Ramada Plaza Palm Grove
Ranked #81 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Bengaluru, India
“Overall very good experience. Wonderful location”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Very decent 5 star hotel with all modern amenities and facilities – bathrobe, slippers, toiletries, iron, very high speed WI FI, extremely comfortable pillows and great quality sleep. Breakfast was also nice & there were different varieties on each day. Location is amazing – staffs are very polite and friendly. The hotel is situated on the juhu beach. We have enjoyed our stay there

Room Tip: Room on the upper floor facing the sea.
Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Ramada_Juhu, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Palm Grove, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am very grateful for your note complimenting the services and facilities of our hotel. Positive feedback from our guests is always a strong motivation to all of us to continuously provide a high level of services to our guests.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back at Ramada Plaza Palm Grove Mumbai in the near future.

Kindest regards

Ramada Plaza Palm Grove.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Arabic first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Excellent location..just by the Juhu beach , very convenient to the city & the airport, excellent food, good staff, room view is awesome. we enjoyed our stay & love to stay there again. View of the airplane from the room was excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind and thoughtful feedback.

Comments such as these always encourage us in enhancing our efforts to provide the best in hospitality and service.

It was indeed a pleasure having you at the Ramada Plaza Palm Grove Mumbai and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Kindest regards,

New Delhi, India
Reviewed April 11, 2014

This was my first stay in this Hotel on recommendation of colleagues. It was a wonderful experience.The property is well maintained though it is old.Staff is courteous and service is good. Best part of the hotel is location right on the Beach.One can enjoy beautiful ocean view from the room and walk on the beach in the morning which will refresh you for the day. Breakfast was sumptuous with a very good choice. Buffet offered is also very good if looking for a big meal. The proximity to Juhu beach is helpful if looking for typical Mumbai street food.

Room Tip: Prefer room with full Ocean view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your experience at Ramada Plaza Palm Grove, Mumbai.

The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I have just checked in to a Premium Sea View room (room no. 428) but got highly disappointed after seeing that the view from the room is not exactly what I was expecting.
I see a really bad view of the road and slum view of chaupati. When I turn my head towards the right I see the Beach which looks not like a see view.

Also the room has a moist smell (may be due to damp walls) and repairs on walls are visible.

I called the reception and the answer I got is that they have classified this room as Premium sea view room and the Suite room is the one where I get a proper sea view.
All I got is a chance to look at other similar category room and shift to the one I find better. But I hardly have any hopes to get a good option.

Room Tip: You better speak with reservation desk if really get what you pay for.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Ramada Plaza Palm Grove Mumbai!!

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your accommodation during your recent visit to Mumbai and providing a feedback on Tripadvisor.

Your feedback helps us in improving our product and services. We have been keeping pace with the changing trends in terms of facilities and amenities offered at the hotel. There is a great focus on regular up-keep and maintenance of the hotel. Our pricing is comparable to similar properties in the area and we feel we provide good value given our central & idyllic location and extensive facilities. We regret that this was not your impression.

We look forward to welcome you again at Ramada Plaza Palm Grove Mumbai and hope you will give us an opportunity to do so.

Warm Regards,

Randhir Tanwar

Ramada Plaza Palm Grove .

Travelers are raving about these Mumbai (Bombay) hotels

Jaipur, India
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We were two couples but my sister and husband had to move rooms because their room stank of cigarette smoke and had a mould stained wall, so we ended up on different floors! Third floor has a better view than first floor. We chose the hotel so that we could have a swimming pool, but when we used it it had a surrounding smell of 'drains', probably not the hotel's fault because it was likely that the smell came from neighbouring rubbish heaps etc, but it was unfortunate.
The staff tried too hard, maybe they were desperate for tips, but we felt uncomfortable at times with the constant obsequious enquiries about our welfare. It became a game for me to see if I could get to my room without being halted by an enquiry as to my comfort.
Some of the staff had the right balance, but some were 'over the top'. This seemed like a slightly tired hotel that was trying too hard.
Rooms were large and beds were comfortable, breakfast was extensive.

Room Tip: Better views higher up
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Ramada Plaza Palm Grove Mumbai!!

We are deeply concerned to hear of your experience. We thank you for bringing it to our attention. Your feedback helps us in improving our product and services. We have been keeping pace with the changing trends in terms of facilities and amenities offered at the hotel. There is a great focus on regular up-keep and maintenance of the hotel. Our pricing is comparable to similar properties in the area and we feel we provide good value given our central & idyllic location and extensive facilities.

On a positive note, we are glad to know that you were satisfied with our breakfast buffet spread our ambiance and idyllic location.

Warm Regards,

Randhir Tanwar

Ramada Plaza Palm Grove .
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I travelled to Mumbai with my family in the last week of March 2014. We are a family of 4, me, my wife, my son aged 13 and my daughter aged 9. On check-in to the room, we found a severe pungent bad smell in the room which you normally do not expect from a hotel of this standard. They changed the room on request though but the initial first impression was already created.
They promise high speed internet with wi-FI in the rooms but connectivity is really pathetic. You can only connect 2 devices with one connection so purchased 2 connections to connect about 4 devices but in my 4 night stay at the hotel, would have got connection only for about 15-20 minutes with the connection tripping every now and then. They do not have any IT support guy at night so you have to wait until morning for support.
They advertise free airport transfers and free wi-fi if you book online. Since I did book online I approached the front desk to check if these entitlements were there. A very cold and impolite response from the front desk that since I had booked through their associate company website and not from Ramada Juhu website, I was not entitled. At least I could get a polite response.
Requested a RGB cable to connect my laptop to the TV which I was told was chargeable which normally hotels provide free to the guests on a returnable basis. Anyway I asked for the cable only to get surprised at 1 am in the morning with a knock on the door to find a hotel staff asking my signatures on a voucher of Rs. 100 as hiring charges for the cable. I strongly believe the signatures could have been taken the next morning. The next morning the front desk calls to check if they can collect the cable back as if it was such a valuable commodity that I would steal it and take it along.
Every night we returned from sightseeing, found that the key card had been deactivated and would have to go back to the front desk to get it activated. I am a frequent traveller and do understand that the key card magnetic strip can get damaged if kept in close contact wi mobile phone so obviously kept it separate but the hotel staff used to just put their fault on me insisting that I would have kept it with the phone and as such this got damaged.
The breakfast however was good and that was the only thing we liked.
Would not want to go back to this hotel again though with all the other inconveniences faced.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Ramada_Juhu, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Palm Grove, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Ramada Plaza Palm rove Mumbai!!

We are deeply concerned to hear of your experience at the Ramada Palm Grove Mumbai. We thank you for bringing it to our attention. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the manner in which your stay was handled at the hotel.

The matter has been taken up very seriously with the concern department. We would like to assure you that we have investigated all the reasons for the lapse in service and corrective measures have already been initiated.

I hope we can convince you that this one odd incident should not diminish your view to our hotel. We truly value your patronage of Ramada Plaza Palm Grove and apologize once again for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

On a positive note, we are glad to know that you were satisfied with our breakfast buffet spread.

Warm Regards

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I am here at Ramada Plaza Palm Grove Hotel at Juhu Beach, Mumbai. Booked my stay through Makemytrip. Was here in Mumbai for a health checkup of my mother. I thought she would be less tense with a beach to look at so took a beach view room here. But boy was I in for an unpleasant surprise?
Room is good if u only see it but cannot hear. There is incessant noise from repairs and maintenace going on above and by the side of the room. To save money they have not closed adjoining rooms and are carrying on repairs with guests in rooms next door.
It appears that Ramada's definition of the word Hospitality is very different from what most people understand. It is possible that I will change the hotel if this noise doesnt stop. Have complained already twice.
When we checked in also there was a 40 minutes delay as they were apparently cleaning up the room. I had asked for a smoking room. But 40 minutes to clean up a room after th guest has arrived? One staff helpfully told me that they have very few housekeeping staff.
My advice to people wanting to stay here, please confirm if the maintenance has finished.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sabahatazim
Dear Guest,

Ramada Plaza Palm Grove Mumbai located on Juhu Beach has probably the best location in Mumbai when it comes to offering a spectacular view of the Arabian Sea right from your room.

Guest satisfaction is our highest priority and we strive hard in every way to ensure that all our guests leave with a smile on their face. I once again apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. The matter has been taken up very seriously with the concern departments. We would like to assure you that we have investigated all the reasons for the lapse in service and corrective measures have already been initiated.

I hope we can convince you that this one odd incident should not diminish your view to Ramada Plaza Palm Grove Mumbai. We truly value your patronage of Ramada Plaza Palm Grove and apologize once again for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

Warm regards,