The Orchid Mumbai Vile Parle
Hotel Atithi(Mumbai)
  • Pool
Avion Hotel(Mumbai)
2,004 results
All reviewsdomestic airportsouth indian restauranteco friendly hotelmidnight buffetrooftop restaurantclose to the airportcoffee shopfive star hotelroom servicedecent hotelbusiness tripquality of foodbreakfast spreadcourteous staffcomfortable stayclub roomrooms are spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I am back after a dinner at the Vindhyas at the Orchid Hotel-Mumbai with 10 others. We are a group of ex-colleagues who meet regularly with our families and our mis-fortune we chose this restaurant as the venue for our otherwise amazing meets. The service was the pits...there was a pregnant lady and a school kid and inspite of requesting for early starters it was served after 50 min . till then some oily papads were kept for munching. The dishes were over-cooked and over- fried in oil, the waiters clueless about the accompaniments with the dishes, pathetic quality of food.The managers were also below the mark. Inspite of calling and requesting them about the service and food quality, the manager actually had the audacity to bring another plate of papads to the table. And when the pregnant lady requested for early serving of food after the long wait he actually snapped at her. Unacceptable from a so called 5 star restaurant. We have sworn never to set foot in this horrendous hotel again.

Room Tip: Avoid this lousy restaurant
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
The O, General Manager at The Orchid Mumbai Vile Parle, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Ms. Lata,

As you correctly pointed out, its the service proffered by the team which makes / breaks the perfect hospitality experience. ( I even read through your previously posted reviews to gauge your thought process ).

There cannot be any plausible explanation for the articulate points you have enlisted.... namely, staff not being sensitive to the presence of a pregnant lady and kids in your group, the food orders not being presented on time and the Restaurant Manager unable to take stock of the situation and instead offering complimentaries.... so kindly accept my heartfelt apology for the same. ( I understand that my F&B Manager, Rohit Joshi, had investigated the entire incident, called you up to genuinely apologize and also invited you for a visit again).

It would be only fair to assume on your part that this is the level of service which can be associated with us... However, I assure you that this is not the case and you shall visibly note the difference on your next stay with us. Looking forward to meet you in person...

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Easy, nice crisp stay with nice roof top bar looking over the runway was fun counting landing planes with beer; business hotel with cleanness and all what a business traveller need, Wouldn’t mind staying here again;

Room Tip: I asked for decent room, they gave me good one; you too can try asking the same :-)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank LoveToTavel1030

Dear Sir,

Your review of our Hotel was just the way you described us to be... easy ( on the ears ), crisp and nice !!

Being close to the Domestic Airport, we understand that we would be servicing the discerning business travelers and hence have put in our earnest efforts to ensure that we stand out with respect to our room ambiance, wi-fi connectivity, quick-silver F&B services and other ancillaries.

The Mostly Grills with its fusion barbeque cuisine, seamless service and an awesome airport view draws in patrons with considerable ease. We have also just revamped the entire menu which I am sure you would savor on your next visit.

Though you mentioned "wouldn't mind staying again" , i assure you that we, at Orchid, "would really love to serve you again.. and again "

Looking forward to meet you on your next stay with us..

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have been staying in the Orchid for coming on four years through different business contacts due its proximity to the international airport.
The hotel was very nice four years ago but the rooms are getting run down as far as the electrical, aircon and overall upkeep of the fixtures. The buffet restaurant used to have a much wider selection of western food and even that has dwindled to a few items with breaqkfast being the most depleted.
It would almost indicate that the chefs that were once at this hotel have upgraded where they work and moved on to better dining establishments

Room Tip: There are far better hotels in the area for about the same price and worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sir,

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for not living up to your expectations during your stay with us.

This is just not the kind of service that a seasoned traveler like yourself, who has been patronizing us since the last 4 years, would expect and I can understand your angst and hurt. We have taken note of your constructive feedback and you would be glad to know that we have addressed the same.

The A/C's have been serviced and we have a regular preventive maintenance plan in place which should address the electrical / general upkeep shortcomings which you had highlighted. While we are refurbishing the balance rooms of the Orchid wing, we have also opened up the Club floors replete state-of-the-art facilities and personalized service.

You did mention about the breakfast spread dwindling and trust me our Food Production team is in the process of adding to the arsenal of dishes which we currently offer. I am sure the next time you stay with us, we will score a home run !!
It would be only fair to assume on your part, since you have a regular patron, to assume that the services have gone downhill. However, I assure you that this is not the case and you shall visibly note the difference on your next stay with us.

So, do come and experience the surprises we have in store for you...

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed in the property on June 29, 2013 (for one night). The room was great and the facilites and infrastructure is also great. The best part is the staff, really helpful and corteous staff. The food may need a bit of improvement, but then it is always personal and subjective thing, all in all a very pleasant stay. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Atul_Aggarwal
Gupta_Rajesh, General Manager at The Orchid Mumbai Vile Parle, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Mr. Aggarwal,

I am glad to note that you like our hotel and particularly the team members.

In fact, I am smiling as i read your penned words imagining you ticking approval at respective parameters...Rooms - great, Infrastructure - great, facilities - great, staff - really great !!! The Orchid team have always been appreciated for providing homely, accommodating service that goads guests to stay with us again.. and again !!

I also noted that you mentioned that food needs a bit of improvement but also downplayed it in the same breath stating that its a personal /subjective issue. However, let me assure you that we have an experienced, seasoned Executive Chef Naved at the helm now and if the latest positive reviews about the food is an indicator, you are bound to appreciate us on the food aspect as well.

Looking forward to meeting you again when you visit us next..

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had a very memorable stay at the Orchid hotel, the staff are just superb, friendly, helpful, charming! I'd like to give a big thanks to the GM Mr Kotian and his team, especially Prakash who showed nothing less than thorough excellency in his role. Noel, Wesley and Abhijeet and Ria who were very helpful with all my airport transfers and travel arrangements. The restaurants are amazing, the coffee shop and the South Indian restaurant is one of the best I have dined at within India. The rooms in the club wing are very spacious and up to international standards, huge bathroom with a tub and shower, large immaculate corridors and an excellent spa. I'm looking forward to my next visit there very soon. I feel that indian Hotels are the most hospitable from my experience and The Orchid ranks at one of the top.

Room Tip: The club wing is the new wing and I would highly recommend it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ms. Sangita,

We, at Orchid, have been appreciated for our friendly service on quite a few occasions by patrons ... but your effusive take on our hospitality...singling out more than a handful for special praise...simply takes the cake !!!

We are pleased to note that you liked the food we serve at the coffee shop and the Vindhyas - our specialty South Indian restaurant. We also have a wonderful rooftop barbeque restaurant called The Mostly Grills which has an eclectic mix of great food, service, music and a breath taking view of the airport runway. Its a must-visit on your next trip !

The team members were pleased as punch when I read out your review to them... they used to all be so enthusiastic to assist you because I assume that you had already won them over with your charming mannerisms.

I am glad that you stayed at the Club wing and gather that you liked it so much that you mentioned it as a room tip in your review. We have in fact spruced up our services and I am sure you would like it even better on your next visit.

You have stated that we would be your preferred choice of accommodation whenever you would visit Mumbai again... trust me.. we couldn't have asked for a better compliment !!!

Looking forward to meet you in person, when you visit us again..