The Orchid Mumbai Vile Parle
$126
$91
Agoda.com
2,030 results
All reviewsdomestic airportsouth indian restauranteco friendly hotelmidnight buffetrooftop restaurantclose to the airportcoffee shopfive star hotelroom servicedecent hotelbusiness tripquality of foodbreakfast spreadcourteous staffcomfortable stayclub roomrooms are spacious
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed in the property on June 29, 2013 (for one night). The room was great and the facilites and infrastructure is also great. The best part is the staff, really helpful and corteous staff. The food may need a bit of improvement, but then it is always personal and subjective thing, all in all a very pleasant stay. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Atul_Aggarwal
Gupta_Rajesh, General Manager at The Orchid Mumbai Vile Parle, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Mr. Aggarwal,

I am glad to note that you like our hotel and particularly the team members.

In fact, I am smiling as i read your penned words imagining you ticking approval at respective parameters...Rooms - great, Infrastructure - great, facilities - great, staff - really great !!! The Orchid team have always been appreciated for providing homely, accommodating service that goads guests to stay with us again.. and again !!

I also noted that you mentioned that food needs a bit of improvement but also downplayed it in the same breath stating that its a personal /subjective issue. However, let me assure you that we have an experienced, seasoned Executive Chef Naved at the helm now and if the latest positive reviews about the food is an indicator, you are bound to appreciate us on the food aspect as well.

Looking forward to meeting you again when you visit us next..

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had a very memorable stay at the Orchid hotel, the staff are just superb, friendly, helpful, charming! I'd like to give a big thanks to the GM Mr Kotian and his team, especially Prakash who showed nothing less than thorough excellency in his role. Noel, Wesley and Abhijeet and Ria who were very helpful with all my airport transfers and travel arrangements. The restaurants are amazing, the coffee shop and the South Indian restaurant is one of the best I have dined at within India. The rooms in the club wing are very spacious and up to international standards, huge bathroom with a tub and shower, large immaculate corridors and an excellent spa. I'm looking forward to my next visit there very soon. I feel that indian Hotels are the most hospitable from my experience and The Orchid ranks at one of the top.

Room Tip: The club wing is the new wing and I would highly recommend it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ms. Sangita,

We, at Orchid, have been appreciated for our friendly service on quite a few occasions by patrons ... but your effusive take on our hospitality...singling out more than a handful for special praise...simply takes the cake !!!

We are pleased to note that you liked the food we serve at the coffee shop and the Vindhyas - our specialty South Indian restaurant. We also have a wonderful rooftop barbeque restaurant called The Mostly Grills which has an eclectic mix of great food, service, music and a breath taking view of the airport runway. Its a must-visit on your next trip !

The team members were pleased as punch when I read out your review to them... they used to all be so enthusiastic to assist you because I assume that you had already won them over with your charming mannerisms.

I am glad that you stayed at the Club wing and gather that you liked it so much that you mentioned it as a room tip in your review. We have in fact spruced up our services and I am sure you would like it even better on your next visit.

You have stated that we would be your preferred choice of accommodation whenever you would visit Mumbai again... trust me.. we couldn't have asked for a better compliment !!!

Looking forward to meet you in person, when you visit us again..

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Excellent location , almost adjacent to domestic airport. Can be considered a good option for transit hotel. Very few things to look for or expect. Rooms were just ordinary . Some parts of corridor were smelly. Rooms don't get proper sunlight so one can feel slight dampness in rooms too. Food was excellent with variegated menu.

Room Tip: Opt for a room that gives u sunlight , or else u will feel suffocated
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mr. Kankaria,

Thank you for taking out time from your busy schedule to post a review for us.

The location has always earned us brownie points because its adjacent to the domestic airport making it a very convenient transit point as you rightly pointed out.

However, your comment about the dampness in the corridor and rooms is very concerning. We have ensured that the Housekeeping team stepped up a few notches and there is a very distinct difference post your review which is clearly evident. Also we have a club wing which we opened up replete with the state-of-the art facilities, bathroom features and seamless services. I am sure you would like the same and request you to stay at the Club wing room on your next visit.

We have a museum in the premises, dedicated to the mothers of the world, a fitness center, steam / sauna facilities, spa / salon, swimming pool... and also a decent compilation of board games and dvd's on call. I request you to avail the same on your next visit.

The dining options range from continental to indian...to grilled barbeque fusion to typical south indian delicacies...we have also added jain food to the already decent vegetarian options. All our guests, just like you, have appreciated the same.

Looking forward to meet you in person, on your next visit...

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Excellent location , 5mts walk from the Domestic Airport. I addition they have round the clock airport pick up & drop . Well appointed rooms with all amenities. There is an aroma in the room which is extremely refreshing. Tariff is moderate and is real value for money compared to other hotels of similar standards. Food is excellent no matter what cusine you choose. Two things are out of place . First is the TV in the rooms , still having sets which are more than 10 years old and secondly laundry charges are too exorbitant.

Room Tip: Any room is good.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Anjan22
Gupta_Rajesh, General Manager at The Orchid Mumbai Vile Parle, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Anjan,

I really appreciate your taking time out to post such a wonderful review for us !!

Though you have waxed eloquent over most of our coveted features ( location, complimentary shuttle services, well appointed rooms / amenities, variety of fabulous food ) what takes the cake is that you have termed our product as VFM ( value for money ). We couldn't have asked for a better appreciation !!

With regards to the TV's which you have mentioned, they were the imported interactive TV which we had in some of the rooms, which by the time you visit us next would have definitely been phased out. We have also started the new club floor with exclusive facilities which I am sure would be to your liking... do appraise me of your next visit and I shall personally have a Club room booked for you. The laundry prices are consistent with other 5 star hotels in the city but as you found it a bit steep, I shall also arrange for a special discount for you as well.

Looking forward to meet you on your next visit...

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Located very near to the airport very convenient location. However view outside windows is not good due to lot of slums nearby. Breakfast excellent, staff very courteous. Takes a bit of more time in check-in. New extension (wing) is not as cosy as well furnished as the old one. Lobby, though small, has good ambience
I stay very frequently on business trips. stays are generally for two days

Room Tip: rooms in the old wing
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Jitendra,

As i perused through your review, I realized that you are a very straight-speak gentleman who doesn't mince words in calling a spade a spade !!

The location, courteous staff and excellent spread for breakfast has always won us rave reviews. However, your concern over the new wing rooms not being cosy and furnished as per your liking has been shared with our Executive Housekeeper, Ms. Sampada Karve. I am sure you shall notice a discerning difference on your next visit.

The Front Office team has been trained incessantly to ensure a more enjoyable check-in experience and we shall strive to ensure that the check-in is indeed speedy.. as per your liking.

Looking forward to meet you in person on your next 2 day visit.