As our flight into Mumbai arrived at 3 o'clock in the morning, we needed somewhere near the airport to crash for a few hours before moving on to stay with friends the next day. We wouldn't normally stay in a 5* hotel, but had found a very reasonable advance booking rate online and thought we'd treat ourselves. Because of its 5* status, we had high expectations, and overall it didn't disappoint. The rooms are very spacious with generous, comfortable king-size beds. Although our room looked out onto a very busy road, there was next to no traffic noise. We were particularly impressed with the bathroom, which had a sunken wet room-style rain shower - a real treat after a long flight!
The staff were all very polite, although there were so many of them and they were so attentive that we did find it a bit much!! However, having spent a couple of weeks in India staying in various hotels and guesthouses, the over-attentiveness was a bit of a theme - so it wouldn't be fair to note this as a negative. It's also worth noting that on entering the hotel, you have to go through airport-style security, which was quite disconcerting at that time in the morning, but I understand security has probably been stepped up since the 2008 terror attacks in Mumbai.
We emailed ahead to ask to be picked up from the airport, and the concierge replied almost immediately to confirm that a car would be waiting for us and that the transfer service was complimentary. We were impressed with this efficiency, and the fact that the transfer was free. However, when we checked out we were presented with a bill equivalent to around £9 (for a journey that can't have been more than a mile, as the hotel is literally across the road from the airport). We queried this and explained we'd been told that the service was free, but we had to find the email on my mobile phone to prove this. In the end we didn't have to pay as the hotel was in the wrong. Although the issue was dealt with professionally, it was an embarrassing situation and we felt it was down to a lack of communication among the staff.
The best bit about the hotel from our point of view was its lovely pool - we only had about an hour to enjoy it before we had to shoot off, but wished we could've stayed longer! If you're looking for a comfortable place to stay within a stone's throw of the airport, you'll definitely get a good night's sleep here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Mumbai is the city's premier gateway hotel, offering a contemporary and stylish hotel experience. Located a kilometre from the international airport and less than 15 minutes from the domestic terminals, the hotel provides easy access to the rapidly growing business, shopping and commercial centres of North Mumbai. The location enables us to design a range of carefully crafted facilities and services to address the increasingly sophisticated needs of domestic and international business travelers, along with corporate meeting organizers and decision-makers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Mumbai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Mumbai Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Mumbai
- Grant Hyatt Mumbai