“Mr.President”

Vivanta by Taj - President, Mumbai
Ranked #29 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Mumbai
“Mr.President”
Reviewed December 9, 2009

It is a tall building standing in the middle of mumbai's best area cuffe parade.
it is a 4 star hotel but feels no less then a 5 star.
it is mostly a good business get away.
it has lodz of good resturants to eat in , specially trats which is a itilian resturnate..
the rooms are great n spacious..

• Liked — the rooms and the resturant
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank naimem

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
New Delhi
Reviewed December 7, 2009

The hotel is situated very close to the Taj Hotel which was attacked by the Terrorists on 26/11 last year.

To begin with all the cabs /cars were parked on the road and we had to walk through the enterance of the gate for security purpose. Our baggage handling by the hotel staff was very prompt and efficient.

We then entered the lobby where we were greeted with a warm smile by the receptionist. Ater we had finised checking in we were automatically upgraded to executive suite which was on the 8th floor.

After we kept our luggage in the room we came down to eat the best ever clloked goan/kerala food at one oth the konkany restaurant.

Situation wise it is very well connected and away from the busy streets of Mumbai.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Rahul W
Delhi
Reviewed December 6, 2009

At the outset, the location of the Hotel is superb...
You get a very warm welcome at the reception..
The warmth of the "tilak" and the fragnance of lovely garland gives you that special feeling..which ones likes to get in a 5 star hotel...
The staff of the hotel is very courtieous and well groomed...
The rooms are well lit and provide you home comfort..
The view of the sea is superb..
Overall an execellent property to enjoy your stay..

Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed December 4, 2009

The hotel is good though the rooms are not very spacious. The poolside and gym is great. In terms of food, both the Italian and Konkani restaurant are great. In terms of location, it is great and is just a 5 minute drive from the sea. All in all a good place to stay if you have work in that part of town

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Silvassa
Reviewed December 1, 2009

This is a verygood hotel ever i visited in my life and my experiance is very good

• Stayed January 2006
San Francisco
Reviewed November 29, 2009

I had heard great things about the Taj hotels from some of my co-workers in Mumbai and was very excited to stay at the Taj President. It was a lot more expensive than I'd originally planned for, so I expected a real 5 star luxury hotel.

Some things were excellent: the room was lovely, I really appreciated the fresh fruit and chocolates. The restaurant food was also really good.

What I didn't appreciate was the construction noise next to my room until 7.00 pm. I'd come back from siteseeing at around 3.30 with a bit of a headache and was looking forward to a quite afternoon by the pool and in my room before heading out for dinner. After several hours of constant drilling and hammering, I called the service manager to ask about the construction and was told rather abruptly that it would continue until at least 7.00pm. No apology or explanation was given. After spending almost $300USD per night for the hotel, I expected a bit more.

I was also charged for several phone calls I don't remember making...

• Liked — the room was lovely
  • Disliked — the construction noise and attitude of staff about it
  • Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Gurgaon
Reviewed November 24, 2009

ITS DEFINITELY NOT THE TAJ FEELING...!!! I'll try to be brief and to the point here...as I was on a business trip with my boss who was all excited for his TAJ experience in Mumbai...!!!

* > 2 GUESTS CHECK IN TOOK 15 - 20 MINUTES - Late Check in at around 1:30 AM it took them 15-20 minutes with 2 of us at the counter - Give us a room we had to cry as our flight was delayed and the next day conference was to start at sharp 8:00 AM at the same hotel.

*> WET BED !!??? - I crashed in the bed and found the bed to be WET ??!!! God that's the last thing you want as a surprise...!!! It did rain that day in Mumbai but what has that to do with the bed...? Since I had changed and it was late I had to manage it.

*> JUTE FLAKES TO CHOKE YOU !!! - Let the photos talk about that but be ready to get certainly choked and if you are asthmatic its a LIFE RISK you are taking. I woke up the next day ready for the conference in a very BAD shape. It was ONLY when I picked up my lap top that I realized that the air was full of the RUG / JUTE FLAKES all over.....and I had to breadth all of that.
- Next night I was very tired and (requested to change my boss' room) but had to sleep with my face covered with towel thanking that was my last night and limited my stay in the room. Finally checked out on the 7th OCT.

*> MY BOSS, the Jute flakes & LOOSE POWER POINTS - My boss in the other room was almost electrocuted - while pulling out the charger off the power point the entire socket came out with live wires just 2 centimeters away...!!! close shave.
Thankfully they changed his room as he could not bear it all...!

*> Waiting for Dinner at the Indian Restaurant!!! - the host at the enterance simply turned us off - Sorry there is no space. We showed our room keys and mentioned that we were inhouse guests but that did not matter much.
................till now nothing was right with our stay at the Taj!

*> Finally - a very bad experience and I felt ashamed as my boss went with a very different impression of Mumbai and the TAJ chain (as other Taj properties are so very different...!)

*> THANKS to the STAFF - Gaurav Miglani FOM and Sushil Tandon RM who listened to our story, empathized with us. Changed my boss' room and took the tab of our dinner but never got the feedback form!!!

TAJ president may boast of the latest renovated 12th and the 14th Floor (THE JUTE / RUG ROOMS!!! ) .....BE CAREFUL !!!
.......................you may end up in the hospital.

I am sorry to state all the above facts but it pains when you pay so much for little in return....and this is definitely NOT TAJ...!!!

...and had I got the feedback form I would have preferred to give my feedback there...hope this medium cautions the fellow travelers and would make some difference!!

• Liked — Nothing at all
  • Disliked — ROOM INTERIOR
  • Stayed October 2009, traveled on business