“Okay...a bit pricey for what's offered.”

Vivanta by Taj - President, Mumbai
Ranked #32 of 486 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed January 30, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for a week whilst on vacation with my wife and daughter. The room was okay, a bit outdated decor, and the bathroom could have done with a proper scrub.

The Thai Restaurant in the foyer should not be missed, and for a quick light take-out meal, the deli/coffee shop is great. The several functions, weddings and occasional movie shoot can be disruptive when the facilities are "blocked-off"to other guests. The front office staff could be thought to be a bit more pleasant.

I'm visiting Mumbai in March 08, and note The Taj President rates have increased quite a bit - I'll stay elsewhere SUREN NAIDOO, Westville South Africa

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank soapsuds69
Write a ReviewReviews (2,459)

Reviewed January 24, 2008

We arrived in Mumbai very late and had pre-booked a boutique hotel in the Colaba district only to find that they had no record of our internet booking or confirmation. Thankfully we found a taxi driver who took us to the Taj president. the staff were very helpful. The Thai restaurant was excellent and we also had an Indian Banquet beside the pool which was superb.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, though i would personally avoid Mumbai as a holiday destination.

Stayed: April 2005
Reviewed January 6, 2008

I booked for a business trip to Mumbai and chose the hotel to stay in July 2007. But I canceled the trip due to the strike that the transportation sector are going to have. To my surprise, they charged my credit card for the stay although the terms mentioned that there will be no charges for cancellation. I emailed and called the hotel for the refund. The management promised that they will refund the money immediately and to my horror, they did not do it until December 2007. The management is very unprofessional in the handling of the matter. Actions are promised but not followed up, emails written not replied. I am relieved that I did not stay in that hotel.

Stayed: July 2007
3  Thank OARA
Reviewed September 21, 2007

I think first of all this hotel is not a 5* hotel.4 star agree.little bit of decoration here and there does not make a hotel to add more stars.it is also not worth for the money they are charged me for the room I stayed.This room 611 where I stayed should not exceed Max 170 - 180.The soom is small.Before renovating it was wider and spacious.I used two pay in same hotel not too long ago I paid 100 dollars all inclusive.I like the area and I love to stay in it subject that it is in its limit.most of the internet sites mention it as 4* hotel.Taj President staff do agree to the fact.Most hotels in India now have Arabic station and President had before but not after renovation.They have gone backward.
I am an inner circle loyal member card holder.
I have I have been fair in my comment.
regards.
Anwar Ali Sultan.

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank AnwarMuscat
Reviewed August 19, 2007

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Adam1965
Reviewed April 7, 2007

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank tundraca
Reviewed March 30, 2007

Stayed: March 2007
4  Thank monali1
Travelers also viewed these Mumbai hotels
Colaba
The Oberoi, Mumbai
#1 of 486 in Mumbai
Grand Hyatt Mumbai
#24 of 486 in Mumbai

Been to Vivanta by Taj - President, Mumbai? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Vivanta by Taj - President, Mumbai

Address: 90 Cuffe Parade, Mumbai 400005, India
Location: India > Maharashtra > Mumbai
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#16 Romantic Hotel in Mumbai
#20 Business Hotel in Mumbai
#22 Family Hotel in Mumbai
#26 Spa Hotel in Mumbai
#27 Luxury Hotel in Mumbai
Price Range: $154 - $243 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — Vivanta by Taj - President, Mumbai 5*
Vivanta by Taj President is a fully renovated hotel with contemporary Superior Charm Rooms by American designer Dave Dunphy, fashionable state of art Deluxe Delight Rooms by Japanese Design Studio Super Potato, Premium Indulgence Rooms with lounge facility, Deluxe Allure Suites and Premium Temptation Suites. The hotel offers free Wi Fi, with limited bandwidth. Whilst meeting your business purpose with a fully equipped Business Center, Meeting Rooms and WiFi access; tantalize your taste buds to world class cuisines at Trattoria - all day dining, Thai Pavilion - best Thai cuisine in Mumbai, The Konkan Cafe - western coastal cuisine, Sugar n Spice - take away Deli and the Wink Bar - rated as the best waterhole for high spirits. Reclaim yourself at the signature JIVA SPA and rejuvenate yourself at the Pool and the Fitness Center. Vivanta is truly designed keeping the en age traveler of today in mind ... Experience signature Vivanta hospitality, Welcome to Vivanta by Taj ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoftTaj, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - President, Mumbai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Vivanta By Taj - President, Mumbai Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
Taj Hotel Bombay