“We were upgraded - twice !”

Vivanta by Taj - President, Mumbai
Ranked #32 of 489 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed December 2, 2011

... to a suite - where the curtains were remote-controlled. we got presents from the staff and super-speedy laundry. Their Thai restaurant is the only place I've been where the chef has come out to tell me that our choice of starter was a bit strange (he was absolutely right, and made us a different set of things - as well as what we'd ordered).

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
AnandPadmanabhan, Director of Sales at Vivanta by Taj - President, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2011

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj President Mumbai

Thank you very much for your kind comments on the hotel and we are most delighted to hear the same.

Vivanta by Taj President is a fully renovated hotel offering best in class accommodation and facilities to our esteemed guests. The designer Superior Charm rooms by famed American Designer Dave Dunphy and the Deluxe Delight rooms by famed Japanese design firm Super Potato and Suite varieties showcase elegance in true form.

We have recently opened our state-of-art business center with 15 seater and 8 seater meeting rooms to our patrons.

Being a leader in Food & Beverage offerings in Mumbai, we welcome you to savor the true Vivanta touch and personalized experience.

It is our constant endeavor to serve you better and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Director of Sales

Write a ReviewReviews (2,489)

Reviewed November 30, 2011

I just stayed at the Taj President last week and was completely blown away by the service. I often complain that boutique hotels forget the classic comforts of a 5* yet this hotel proved me wrong. This hotel truly anticipated every need and did everything they could to please the guests. The facilities are great - clean room, electronic shutters, sound system, and cute details like a reminder to-do list at night, free DVD rentals and popcorn. And don't forget the massage chair and portable playstation in the hotel cars! I had a few problems with my room (A/C was noisy, no hot water) but these were fixed immediately and the hotel even offered me a suite for the inconvenience. I got food poisoning on my last day and the hotel manager left me a note asking if he could do anything, got me a doctor on the phone, and even had someone get me some medication. The spa, restaurant, IT, and checkout staff are all equally great. I truly recommend this place for a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a hight floor for views of the Bay.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
AnandPadmanabhan, Director of Sales at Vivanta by Taj - President, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2011

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj President Mumbai

We thank you very much for your kind comments and appreciate your continued support.

Reviewed November 27, 2011

the first option on my trips to mumbai has always been this hotel, since my first visit here. the consistency in standard, promptness in service, surprises to guests, and of course the Taj standards in all aspects makes this hotel, one up among others. The cheerful presence and greetings by Mr Francis, an experienced hand in the restaurant, is just another example of the quality staff

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed November 25, 2011

Ticked all the right boxes, Prices inline with an International hotel, may seem pricey for the hotel in India, especially European wines. The breakfast is superb and so are all other F&B outlets.I had phoned & emailed in advance to request and inquire for partner's birthday surprise and was assured of something special but at checkin there was no alert on the reservation and I had to remind Front desk. Got 2 small bday cakes(room service & restaurant), The hotel could have done this a bit better especially as 2 back to back cake is the last thing I wanted. A birthday note from GR, glass of champagne in restaurant, a box of chocs or a small beauty product would have made it really special. The other annoying thing was the numerous extra hidden taxes that got added to all elements of the stay- outlets, spa, accommodation and the staff reaction was to apologise and blame the government which was a bit pointless in a private run chain of hotel

Room Tip: Sea facing 8th floor
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cottoneyejo

Reviewed November 23, 2011

Cannot fault anything with this hotel but agree with all the comments, truly world class service and amazing, rates as one of my top ten in the world and am well travelled.

Yes, the checking of bags at the front is slightly irritating but it's all about security etc, only takes a second.

No one stares at you and they all help you in any way that they can. Special praise to the guys on the gym and spa- loved that drink you made myself and mum.

Breakfast totally amazing and what service..

Cheers again- world class.

Room Tip: A view of the helicopter pad is nice :-p
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank tomjones1234

Reviewed November 20, 2011

I was totally bowled over by the level of service I received at my one nightbstay here. I could not recommend the place enough and it will stay my first choice for all future trips to Mumbai. The rooftop pool and stylish Wink bar alone are reasons to come here. The rooms offer all the comfort you would expect from this level of hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank PENZ_11

Reviewed November 17, 2011

I started at the Vivanta by Taj President for the first time and I must say I was pleasantly surprised and thought it was excellent value for money! The location for quite convenient and the staff at the hotel were extremely efficient and helpful. I felt like I was staying at a hotel I had already stayed at before as the staff seemed very friendly and familiar. I will definitely stay there again.
On the flip side, I was surprised how run down the carpeting on the hallways were and also, the shower doors in my room did not shut and so, there was some shower water that leaked into the bathroom.

Room Tip: I chose a room with a sea view but with a smaller bed over the room with a larger bed and I am so gl...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelingNut1972

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj President Mumbai

We have made conscious note of your comments on the carpet and are currently changing the same.