“Brilliant hotel in every aspect.”
Review of Taj Lands End

Taj Lands End
Ranked #12 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Brilliant hotel in every aspect.”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

The lands end is an amazing hotel. the chefs there will spoil you with the mouth watering food and, the rooms are like palaces. It is located next to a sea so the view is magnificent and the staff is friendly and extremely hospitable too. The hotel is clean and comfy and it is located in a quiet area. This hotel is a must to stay in, it is perfection!

Room Tip: Choose a sea facing room :)
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear Drew S,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for your detailed and appreciative feedback and are glad that you had a pleasurable stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that you had a great time with us and were impressed with our products, property, service areas as well as the overall ambience of the hotel. Our associates are our biggest assets and we are glad that they could meet your desired expectations by way of their warm, hospitable and amicable behaviour. They are empowered to provide intuitive and personalized services to our patrons and we are happy to learn that they could take care of all your requirements with utmost courtesy and professionalism.

Taj Lands End, Mumbai offers a total of Six food and beverage venues, each offering a unique dining experience. Whatever cuisine may interest you we at Taj Lands End have something to offer. Our popular dining venues include Maritime By San Lorenzo, our Italian restaurant, Masala Bay, our Indian cuisine dining venue and Vista, our multi-cuisine restaurant. Apart from the regular spread at the dining venues, we regularly host food & beverage festivals for our guests, offering them the authentic flavors of the world.

If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly.

Birgit Zorniger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (873)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Feltham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Stayed at the Taj for 4 nights in May. Lovely Hotel to stay in the breakfast was lovely and a good selection of items and they were ready and willing to make you anything you wanted to eat, we were even upgraded

The rooms were nice size and clean, only downside of the room we stayed in was you could hear next door having a shower so was disconcerting

The hotel is located next to the sea, but if you are after large shopping malls and nice shops to go to and restaurants this hotel is not ideally placed. Had to catch taxis to get to the shopping malls and restaurants, the only thing nearby are local markets which are heaving with ppl and dirty

Overall enjoyed my stay but next time would stay further up Mumbai where the restaurants and shopping areas are as well

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Taps G
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Taps G,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the service and facilities. The team will have a big smile when they see your feedback! We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Pune, India
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Taj lands end is lovely property to stay in. Excellent service. Great sea view. Located in Bandra, the best suburb in Bombay. The ambience is excellent. The swimming pool is good. Good place for business meetings and conferences. If you have work at BKC or bandra , this is good location . Half hour to domestic airport. Lots of nice restaurants close by to eat from. And the legendary taj hospitality is there for you to experience.
Nice to walk around the sea shore in the mornings and evenings.
If you are Bollywood buff, Shahrukh Khan stays next door.

Room Tip: Pick up a sea facing room on a higher floor and also over looking the sea link bridge from bandra to...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank DeepakNanda
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear DeepakNanda,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It pleases me to hear that you found the overall ambience of the hotel positive and found the view from your room spectacular.

We offer the largest entry size rooms in North Mumbai city and I’m glad that you found these spacious and comfortable. I’m glad the associates were able to take care of your needs and requirements and serve you with warmth and courtesy. We offer a total of Six food and beverage venues in the hotel. Vista, our all day dining multi-cuisine restaurant that offers guests an experience of flavors from across the world.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at the Taj Lands Ends, Mumbai!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Given, that the Taj Lands End is in Bandra, it is one of the more luxurious properties to stay in, in this part of town. Great rooms. Good service (for the most part, although we have encountered a couple of snobbish "butlers")

the breakfast buffet has an awesome spread as does the lunch buffet. Love their Chinese restaurant too. Good gym and swimming pool too.

Room Tip: Sea Facing rooms are lovely
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear desiKim,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We offer the largest entry size rooms in North Mumbai city and I’m glad that you found these spacious and comfortable. I’m glad the associates have been able to to take care of your needs and requirements and serve you with warmth and courtesy. We have also noted your feedback about the butler service and would like to assure you that we will look into it deeply as we believe that it is quintessential in our journey to improve in delivery of customer satisfaction.

Vijayawada, India
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I was on a protocol duty of one of our directors, who happened to be one of the senior most IAS officers. some of the front office staff are quite helpful. The food quality is also good. Quality of utilities viz. common areas, wash rooms are very very clean.

Room Tip: In case you are fetching for Taj Club Class, choose (if possible) rooms at 24th and 25th Floors hav...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Rkpyda
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear rkpyda,

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed May 3, 2014

The Taj Land's End is an amzing place for the family AND the business traveller. I have been booking this place for all my German guests since 2002 because it is so close to my office in BKC. They love the place for its cleanliness, food and ambience.

My family loves the place for the food and hospitality. Now, instead of going to Europe for a holiday we go to Taj Land's End for a short family reunion - some 5 times a year. (All of us have been all over Europe from Finland, Sweden, Denmark, UK, Spain, Italy, Germany etc down to Greece and Turkey - so there is nothing left to see really) . So it is just a case of moving from our home in Bandra, Mumbai to our holiday resort in Bandra, Mumbai !!! Love every hour of our stay.

Recommended as the best in Mumbai - for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Sea facing room or suite on the Taj Club floors.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank RKM1940
Dear RKM1940,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Taj Lands End, Mumbai.
It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and I am delighted to know that you have consistently had a wonderful stay with us.

Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. Your kind words of appreciation for our staff members will go a long way in motivating and encouraging them to do even better in future.
Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home soon.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Though I had attended, and even organised, a few events at this hotel, the thought of staying there had never quite entered my mind. God knows why.
Because after staying there, I really wonder why.
The hotel is superbly located, in one of the few areas in Mumbai that does not have the familiar Mumbai cocktail of sewage and fumes in the air. The beautiful Bandra seafront walk is right outside, giving a superb option to relax outside the hotel too.
The hotel has really used its sea facing location well, with its restaurants and even the Gym offering fantastic views of the arabian sea.
The staff, like most Taj properties, was fantastic, and met a few off requests like a band aid and anti-fever tablets superbly.
We didn't get free wifi, but resentment on that was made up by the super spread at the breakfast buffet.
All in all, if you are looking to seize the day during business in Mumbai, this is the place to prepare yourself. And if are looking to indulge your family, then this is probably the place again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Prasfaqs
Dear Prasfaqs,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Thank you so very much indeed for sharing your detailed response here on Trip Advisor. It brings me immense pleasure to hear that you chose to stay with us during your recent visit to Mumbai and found the services and amenities to be up to your desired expectations.

We offer the largest entry size rooms in North Mumbai city and are very delighted to tell you that all 493 rooms (460 rooms + 33 suites) are sea facing. I’m glad that you found our rooms spacious and comfortable.