“Rooms with views”

Taj Lands End Mumbai
Ranked #12 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed at this property after nearly five years. Sea views are very nice from the rooms especially the ones on the higher floors. Food and service are good. The food at their Chinese restaurant was excellent. The coffee shop offers a good selection in their buffets. Lighting needs to be improved in the club rooms.

Room Tip: Taj club rooms have excellent views of the sea.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Rohit M,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It brings me immense pleasure to hear that you chose to stay with us during your recent visit to Mumbai and found the services and amenities to be up to your desired expectations.

It pleases me to hear that you found the overall ambience of the hotel positive and found the view from your room spectacular. We offer the largest entry size rooms in North Mumbai city and I’m glad that you found these spacious and comfortable.

I’m glad the associates were able to take care of your needs and requirements and serve you with warmth and courtesy. We offer a total of Six food and beverage venues in the hotel.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

From the moment I arrived at the airport until I left for my return trip the staff of this hotel were determined to fulfil my every need; even sometimes by anticipating those needs. Often the staff of a hotel are the redeeming feature but in this case the hotel itself was magnificent. Clean, well maintained and luxuriously outfitted. I could list so may features that this review would be like War and Peace but I must just rely on your imagination. For example I used the bathrobe supplied in my bedroom one day and when I put it on I literally was amazed at how soft the material was; also on this topic I would say that this is one of the few hotels where the bathrobes were generously sized enough to be comfortable.

Room Tip: Obviously club floor are the preferred rooms because of the extras you get but I got the distinct fe...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear Christopher G,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Taj Lands End, Mumbai.

It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us. Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. Your kind words of appreciation for our staff members will go a long way in motivating and encouraging them to do even better in future.

Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback. We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Taj Lands End, Mumbai soon.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Stayed at the lands end for the 1st time, as am from Mumbai itself. was put up on the 24th floor in Taj Club Room. The Taj club room comes with its own benefits, its got personalized butler service, breakfast is at the special taj club lounge located on the 21th floor. The lounge has Hi-Tea, and drinks facility for its Taj club room members. Since it was my wedding day, my room was decorated with rose petals complimented with a chocolate mousse cake for my entire stay.
The check-in & check-out was smooth. Parking is safely taken care off. The room is stayed was in excellent condition. The hotel has Taj Khazana store which stocks all signature items from designer clothes to jewelry. Over all an superb experiance.

Room Tip: Pls ask for sea facing room on or above 20th floor. view is breath taking.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear sohels,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for your detailed and appreciative feedback and are glad that you had a pleasurable stay with us on such an important occasion of your life.

We are delighted to learn that you had a great time with us and were impressed with our products, property, service areas as well as the overall ambience of the hotel. Our associates are our biggest assets and we are glad that they could meet your desired expectations by way of their warm, hospitable and amicable behaviour. They are empowered to provide intuitive and personalized services to our patrons and we are happy to learn that they could take care of all your requirements with utmost courtesy and professionalism.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

This is an excellent Hotel in terms of facilities and cost effectiveness. The event was held in the evening in the ballroom on 3 February . Customers found it convenient to attend because of its location compared to other hotels in South Bombay. Quality of rooms was good and the culinary spread excellent. The best part was the people . However , check in facilities could be better streamlined.

Room Tip: Choose the sea facing rooms - glorious view .
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear MonojitC,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for sharing your stay experience here on TripAdvisor.

Taj Lands End, Mumbai is located in the self sustained lifestyle Bandra and Ideally poised to offer breathtaking views of the sea, buzzing with activity and throbbing with life. It is as you rightly said - fabulously located to be central and accessible to all important commercial business districts and the airports. I am so happy to learn that you had a pleasant experience during your stay with us.

If there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

You know you are in a great hotel when you bump into the likes of MS Dhoni and company in the lift. Jokes apart, Land's End is brilliant in terms of the views from the rooms (esp if you get the sea-link facing rooms or the pool-facing rooms) and has one of the best breakfast spreads. My room had an old box TV which was a bit of a downer - but the electronic curtains (love it when you can open the curtains without leaving your bed), excellent bathrooms (with the duvet - rarely see that in Indian hotels) and great room-service made it a very comfortable place to stay. Do try the jacuzzi and spa services if you have time, extremely relaxing after a hard day's work. Or just hang around the lobby - you meet celebs galore at this place.

Room Tip: Sea-link facing rooms for the best evening views
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Souvik_United

Dear Souvik_United,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the service and facilities. The team will have a big smile when they see your feedback! We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

stayed at lands end recently as part of official trip..the location of the property is right at bandstand the area where most of bollywood celebrities reside..The room was at 19th floor giving panaromic viewa..Property like any other taj property was upto the mark and all arrangements immaculate...Worth it

1  Thank manojp14
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear manojp14,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for sharing your detailed stay experience here on TripAdvisor.

As you rightly mentioned, Taj Lands End, Mumbai is located in the self sustained lifestyle Bandra and Ideally poised to offer breathtaking views of the sea, buzzing with activity and throbbing with life. It also pleases us to learn that you were impressed with our service areas and facilities offered.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at the Taj Lands Ends, Mumbai! If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

It was my anniversary and we decided to stay 3 nights at TAJ. We had a late Check-in and it was quick and easy. Room was great but I was a little upset as i did not get a sea-link view, which i had requested for. It was really late late and went to bed.
Next day we woke up to realize that the mattress was smelly which we did not realize the night before. Also a mirror in the bathroom was electrocuted which gave me a buzz.
Upon complain the issue was sorted but i requested for a new room.
Now, the new room was AWESOME. It had a Sea-Link, city and pool view. The room was on 22nd floor. On our Anniversary TAJ employees gave us cake and roses. It was a great experience and we loved it.
The Hotel is centrally located in Mumbai and has good means of communication.

My recommendation is to ask for a really high floor with sea-link view.

Room Tip: Ask for High floor with sea-link view. This way one can also have a city, sea and pool view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pratyush P

Dear Pratyush P,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for sharing your experience as it is quintessential in our journey to improve guest satisfaction. We strive to deliver exceptional service and to create memorable experiences for all our guests; your feedback will go a long way in helping us achieve the same. I deeply regret the fact that you had to face a problem and sincerely apologize for the same. Please be rest assured that we will look into the concern raised and do everything possible to ensure such an incident is not repeated.
We assure you that on your next visit you will not face any unpleasant situation and will have a pleasurable stay.
We look forward to welcoming you again to the warmth and hospitality of Taj Lands End, Mumbai!