Taj Lands End Mumbai
$107
$61
  • Breakfast included
3,902 results
All reviewsmasala baysea linkvista restaurantband standarabian seachinese restaurantclub roomsea facingcoffee shopbutler servicein room diningbusiness tripan upgraderoom serviceexcellent hotelgreat hospitalityexcellent stay
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was our second visit to this hotel. We booked a club room but was gratefully upgraded to a suite room.
We were greeting with garlands and juice and the check-in formalities were done in the comfort of the room.
This room was great and huge with a separate lounge area and comfortable bed.
Kids loved the option of renting DVD's that came with free popcorn.
The club lounge was perfect for afternoon snacks and drinks.
The breakfast was excellent with a good variety of western and eastern food. The only criticism is that the menu stayed the same the entire week so it can get boring.
Will stay there again when visiting Mumbai.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Imraan J
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear Imraan1,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It is always a pleasure to have you with us and we would like to thank you for your continuous patronage and also for sharing your stay experience on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to learn that at all times you found the service and attitude of our associates genuine and warm, and that they were able to take care of all your requirements with utmost professionalism and care.
We strive to go the extra mile and provide our guests with a comfortable, ‘home away from home’ experience and we are glad you had a warm, comfortable, and memorable experience with us. Your appreciation for the team will definitely be conveyed to the team, who I am sure will be encouraged to continue to serve our guests with courtesy.
We thank you for your patronage, recommendation and valuable feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at Taj Lands End, Mumbai!
If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

This hotel is truly at the lands end. Opening onto the bay with panoramic views of Mumbai city or of the bay. The hotel is has a extravagant lobby and offers an exceptional Sunday Brunch albeit very expensive by Indian standards.

Like many Taj hotels around the rooms are small (~33sqm) and have an outdated feeling to them.

The staff / service was a mixed bag, some provided the level expected of a Taj employee, while others delivered low service and then awkwardly demanded a tip.

We also had a bad experience at the spa where I had booked a treatment, and they were going to call my room to confirm in the next hour. The call never came and when I went for my booking they told me they were booked out. I could clearly see my name in the book, however they couldn't fit me in. It was disappointing.

Overall it was a good hotel, however I would likely stay in the other Taj on my next trip to Mumbai (Taj Mahal Palace)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear odin749,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for sharing your experience as it is quintessential in our journey to improve guest satisfaction. We strive to deliver exceptional service and to create memorable experiences for all our guests; your feedback will go a long way in helping us achieve the same. I deeply regret the fact that you had to face a problem and sincerely apologize for the same. Please be rest assured that we will look into the concern raised and do everything possible to ensure such an incident is not repeated.
We assure you that on your next visit you will not face any unpleasant situation and will have a pleasurable stay.
We look forward to welcoming you again to the warmth and hospitality of Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed for a night to enjoy the sea view of Mumbai, Must compliment the management for maintaining top class service standards, that is expected from the Taj. Initially was a bit upset as the second room was not allocated till evening, but Mr Vikas took charge and very professionally sorted out our issue immediately.
The housekeeping staff and butlers too are amazing and quite prompt.
The pool is a must visit as the waters are warm and maintained at a pleasing 28 degree centigrade as we entered in the evening were pleasantly refreshed to feel the warm waters.
In all a very memorable trip more so because of the warm hospitality of the Taj

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Avijitsen,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the service and facilities. The team will have a big smile when they see your feedback! We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I took my kids here on a stopover to Rajasthan. V convenient for the airport but great view of the ocean without getting into the wild and wonderful Mumbai traffic. Bandra is also the Slumdog neighbourhood, thus v trendy these days.
This is still a Taj Hotel...big smiling reception and lots of friendly faces whisking you through from your pre-ordered (but still wonderfully derring-do Mumbai-driven, horn-tooting) air-conditioned taxi.
Spectacular entrance hall but more relaxed than the Grande Dame Taj Palace across the bay.
Outdoor pool for the adventurous
Truly fantastic Italian restaurant. I wouldn't normally go for this but my kids were first day in India (a bit cautious cuisine-wise) and I really must commend it highly. Superb, food and wine. I wasn't intending to sup the latter on our 10 day stay, but the vino selection was so good and such good value, I had to succumb.
Very efficient concierge staff and checkout (often a problem in India) immaculate.

Room Tip: Sea view, has to be...overlooking the outdoor pool.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Nick M,

Reviewed November 4, 2013

This should be a great hotel but it's beginning to need a refurb. Remember this is a top end property so the standards to judge it against should be very high. And in the public areas, all is well. But the rooms need some attention - e.g. noisy plumbing, a shower that could do a new head and some more oomph, bathroom mirrors that have turned grey rather than silver and more surround sound noise from other rooms than is strictly necessary. Nothing terrible for more run of the mill hotels but not great for top of the range. TIP - if you're on business try the nearby Trident - newer and much more business focussed; if you're here as couple, the Taj's facilities are better so stick with the Taj despite the gripes over the rooms…

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business