4,168 results
All reviews masala bay sea link band stand arabian sea chinese restaurant club room sea facing coffee shop butler service in room dining business trip room service great hospitality excellent hotel excellent stay rooms are spacious breakfast spread
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This Taj hotel in Bandra west is in a good location but really is just a normal luxury hotel and expensive. Not had a good impression specially as You go out from the lift the smell is of pent ; the room is big but with an old english style no original just contrived. The restaurants serve very normal food but at high price in the morning the breakfast is more for English people and few typical Indian dishes. Near the level 1 there is the coffee shop call Atrium where You can have also a selection of monocultivar coffee from Costarica, Jamaica Etiopia and of course two from India Monsoon Malabar and India Peaberry but the test is absolutely no good for the roaster and milling and also is to much diluted.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank fabm52
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great Hotel. Luxurious & feels very contemporary and fresh. Chic design and classy standards. Comfortable rooms and as always, amazing Taj hospitality.

Bang on Bandstand, right next to superstar bungalows. Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, Rekha and many more live just next door. Also if you're star stuck - then Vista (the coffee shop) is where you wanna be, 'coz that's where the celebs hang out.

Near the Airport and beautiful Club room. Had an amazing view and a very functional club lounge.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear rajatgarg,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for sharing your detailed stay experience here on TripAdvisor.

Taj Lands End, Mumbai is located in the self sustained lifestyle Bandra and Ideally poised to offer breathtaking views of the sea, buzzing with activity and throbbing with life. It also pleases us to learn that you were impressed with our service areas and facilities offered.
We thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at the Taj Lands Ends, Mumbai!
If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We spent a weekend at the Taj Lands End recently as a family and it was a great experience as always. I have stayed at the Taj Lands End off and on for the past 7 years on work and have always considered the TLE as my favourite hotel in the world!

We stayed on the 22nd floor in one of the renovated rooms which was spacious and very contemporary in design. We had a nice view of the sea and the Bandra Bandstand area where the hotel is located. The room had been set up for us as a family with a number of specific items for our two-year old. Breakfast at Vista is always a delight with a large spread of Indian and Continental breakfast options on offer (p.s. ask the chef to prepare appams from Kerala!). The gym has a fantastic view across the sea and is one of the best gyms I have seen within a hotel.

However, what makes the TLE special for me is the outstanding level of service I have always received there over the years. A number of front office employees have worked at the TLE for many years and they provide a very personal touch to the high levels of service that the Taj is already known for. On this trip, I would specifically mention Jitendra Patil at Vista and Dheeraj who served us at the pool as outstanding examples of good service.

I would recommend the TLE to both business travelers and families on holiday and would happily stay there again on my next visit!

Room tip: Ask for the floors with the renovated rooms!
2  Thank v2r1v2r1

Dear V2r1v2r1,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It is always a pleasure to have you with us and we would like to thank you for your continuous patronage and also for sharing your stay experience on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to learn that at all times you found the service and attitude of our associates genuine and warm, and that they were able to take care of all your requirements with utmost professionalism and care.
We strive to go the extra mile and provide our guests with a comfortable, ‘home away from home’ experience and we are glad you had a warm, comfortable, and memorable experience with us. Your appreciation for the team will definitely be conveyed to the team, who I am sure will be encouraged to continue to serve our guests with courtesy.
We thank you for your patronage, recommendation and valuable feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is the "second" Taj in Mumbai after the Colaba one. But I chose to stay here because Bandra is increasingly the heart of Bombay town. The hotel is right on the seafront on the Bandstand. The rooms have a good view of the sea, especially the suites. You can walk out for a lovely walk on the Bandstand, have local tea there while you stroll. The famed Taj hospitality of course is what makes this place special. I was upgraded to a suite from a club room because I really wanted a better view of the sea! That too free of cost and then with regular follow ups that my stay was comfortable enough. The Indian restaurant in the hotel is perhaps the most underrated one in Bombay - the food was outstanding. A tip of my hat to the Taj team, yet again.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank oncethegrey

Dear oncethegrey,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the service and facilities. The team will have a big smile when they see your feedback! We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Superb view ! A haven in the town that never sleeps! We had planned a weekend trip to celebrate our 8year old's birthday...just us n our two kids.being new to Bombay , we wanted to make it special as our son was missing his friends.
And boy! Was it special ! From the time we checked in , they made us feel like royalty with our choice of a welcome drink, a special layout of rose petals and a towel snow man for our birthday boy, a special mousse cake and a card with his name. They also gave us interconnected rooms which made it easier for me to sleep better!
The room service was prompt and the chef took care to give us a non spicy lunch .
What takes your breath away is the fact that the sea view is so spectacular andyou can enjoy the uninterrupted view in utmost privacy-add the well manicured ,landscaped gardens and you are set for a visual treat!
The swimming pool and jacuzzi could do with a bit of sprucing up ,but the staff makes up with their ready smiles!
Our dinner buffet was at Vista,and I would rate it alright in terms of variety .The breakfast buffet is fantastic and considering the fact that it was packed, we didn't have to wait too long for anything
We didn't step out much as the hotel was so relaxing and self sufficient.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Dear Ruchikathakur,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for your detailed and appreciative feedback and are glad that you had a pleasurable stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that you had a great time with us and were impressed with our products, property, service areas as well as the overall ambience of the hotel. Our associates are our biggest assets and we are glad that they could meet your desired expectations by way of their warm, hospitable and amicable behaviour. They are empowered to provide intuitive and personalized services to our patrons and we are happy to learn that they could take care of all your requirements with utmost courtesy and professionalism. Taj Lands End, Mumbai offers a total of Six food and beverage venues, each offering a unique dining experience. As you rightly said, whatever cuisine may interest you we at Taj Lands End have something to offer. Our popular dining venues include Maritime By San Lorenzo, our Italian restaurant, Masala Bay, our Indian cuisine dining venue and Vista, our multi-cuisine restaurant. Apart from the regular spread at the dining venues, we regularly host food & beverage festivals for our guests, offering them the authentic flavors of the world.