“Taj Lands End or the Grand Hyatt”
Review of Taj Lands End

Taj Lands End
Ranked #12 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Singapore, Singapore
“Taj Lands End or the Grand Hyatt”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Well, I could personally afford neither. But I travel a lot for work and my office graciously puts me up at the five star hotels. Over the past year I have stayed at Taj Lands End, Trident- BKC and at the Grand Hyatt - Santacruz.

For reviews on the other please look at my other review on the hotels.

Of the three, Taj Lands End was the best. Loved the efficiency, the location, the rooms, the service, the meals and the confrence hall.

- I would certainly recommend the Chinese restaurant over the Indian.
- The cafe at the Lobby level has some intresting appetizers to go with drinks.
- I was there for a week and tried almost all the dishes at the breakfast menu and could find no fault at all.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear LavanyaK,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It brings me immense pleasure to hear that you chose to stay with us during your recent visit to Mumbai and found the services and amenities to be up to your desired expectations.

It pleases me to hear that you found the overall ambience of the hotel positive and found the view from your room spectacular. We offer the largest entry size rooms in North Mumbai city and I’m glad that you found these spacious and comfortable. I’m glad the associates were able to take care of your needs and requirements and serve you with warmth and courtesy. We offer a total of four food and beverage venues in the hotel. Vista, our all day dining multi-cuisine restaurant that offers guests an experience of flavors from across the world
We thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at the Taj Lands Ends, Mumbai!
If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly.

Birgit Zorniger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (874)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I don't know why I don't use taj hotels more often. Have now been on holiday, honeymoon and business whilst staying or dining at different taj properties around the world. What differentiates this group is the consistency of exceptional service irrespective of the hotel you stay/ dine at.

Back to the lands end....checked in in the early morning and we were shown to our room. There were a few minor issues with the room...leaky shower and safe did not work. Reported these on my way out in the morning. When we got back, we were pleasantly surprised to note our room had been changed and they had transferred all our belongings to the new room just as we had left them!

The hotel is ideally situated in Bandra with the hip and happening shopping and dining areas of linking road and its vicinities a short taxi ride away. The hotel is on the ocean promenade and nice for a evening walk mixing with the locals and sampling Mumbai life....

The breakfast Buffett is extensive and caters for every taste . The rooms are large and spacious (stay on higher floors if possible as the views over the ocean are fantastic).

The staff deserve special mention....each went out of their way to ensure we received exceptional attention...it did not matter what role they were in....from the front desk, to the staff in the restaurants to the house keepers...

My only request would be that wifi should not been seen as a revenue stream at any hotel....it's a basic expectation today and wifi at Rs. 800 per 24 hours is expensive ...build it into the room cost as frankly for the hotel is exceptional value for money and a few additional USD in the room rate to cater for wifi will go unnoticed....

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear simbaonsafari

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I lived in this hotel while working in Mumbai for about 6 months until I was able to find a flat in the area. It was quite, and well above all the other hotels in the area. It is quiet, the views amazing and the hotel staff quite pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear heebpdx,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for sharing your detailed stay experience here on TripAdvisor.

Taj Lands End, Mumbai is located in the self sustained lifestyle Bandra and Ideally poised to offer breathtaking views of the sea, buzzing with activity and throbbing with life. It also pleases us to learn that you were impressed with our service areas and facilities offered including Health & fitness centre. Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our associates. We are happy that they were able to take care of all your requirements with warmth and professionalism and your appreciation will definitely be conveyed to them.

Stratford Upon Avon
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a joy to stay at. The rooms are luxurious with every attention to detail.
Staff are attentive and well trained. Laundry service was very efficient. Grounds are beautiful and well manicured.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Everi_G,

Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The Taj Lands End was our choice for 3 nights in Mumbai. The hotel was perfect in every way and our room was very spacious, with an innovative housekeeper who decorated the bathroom with rose-petals and even folded our clothes. The in-room dining was the finest experience and the personal recommendations by Lata were divine and authentic. The SPA experience was world apart with attentive staff who served us cold water and wet towels in the steam room and were waiting with gowns as soon as you came out. The Taj hospitality puts many world class hotels to shame and we truly enjoyed our stay at the Lands End.....

Room Tip: Sea Facing Premier rooms are worth it
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear SanjG,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Taj Lands End, Mumbai is located in the self sustained lifestyle Bandra and Ideally poised to offer breathtaking views of the sea, buzzing with activity and throbbing with life. We are happy to learn that you found our location convenient and could use it as per your advantage. It also pleases us to learn that you were impressed with our service areas and facilities offered including Health & fitness centre. Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our associates. We are happy that they were able to take care of all your requirements with warmth and professionalism and your appreciation will definitely be conveyed to them.

Sri Lanka
Reviewed July 16, 2013

It was a 3-day conference in this hotel.
its very well maintained
facing the seaside; near the residence of famous actor Shah-Ruk Khan

the food came with variety; our team were well able to enjoy food, unlike in other indian hotels with only local food.

stewards were helpful even to went further steps to find us details about mumbai

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank dtharakad
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear dtharakad,

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I thought the standards, could never be surpassed, but they actually did, at this most beautiful, scenic oasis of calm called Taj Lands End.

Luxurious, spacious, busy, yet quiet and the icing on the cake is the genuine smile on every face that works here. Nothing is ever a trouble and uniforms are smart and clean.

Business, pleasure or want to get away from it all...book a stay here and you will thank yourself.

We are on a return visit and sincerely believe, this place is very special.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Binajaya
Dear Binajaya,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It is always a pleasure to have you with us and we would like to thank you for your continuous patronage and also for sharing your stay experience on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to learn that at all times you found the service and attitude of our associates genuine and warm, and that they were able to take care of all your requirements with utmost professionalism and care. We strive to go the extra mile and provide our guests with a comfortable, ‘home away from home’ experience and we are glad you had a warm, comfortable, and memorable experience with us. Your appreciation for the team will definitely be conveyed to the team, who I am sure will be encouraged to continue to serve our guests with courtesy.

We thank you for your patronage, recommendation and valuable feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at Taj Lands End, Mumbai!