“Fabulous hotel. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Oberoi, Mumbai

The Oberoi, Mumbai
Ranked #1 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Cork Ireland
“Fabulous hotel. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Start to finish, great 5 star hotel. Expensive but great service, great food, great staff and superb accommodation.
Happy to have experienced the Oberoi Mumbai. It's central as well, on Marine Drive, short walk to Colaba and the Gateway of India.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank MossN
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai.

We are very happy to receive your feedback and to learn that you enjoyed the food, the accommodation and the service at our hotel.

Your feedback is very encouraging and motivating.

I do hope that business or a leisure trip see you return soon.

Executive Vice President

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (579)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

I ventured to Mumbai by my lonesome for a few days on my way to Chennai (Madras). I must say, as my first trip to India, I was both very pleased and a bit taken aback by the arrangements.

The pre-arranged transportation I requested turned out to be a new Audi A8 with full white-glove driver, who was immensely down-to-earth and service oriented. It was really quite an experience looking out the window to see, for example, the sweeping immense outdoor laundry facilities and slums from the backseat of the 8. But such is Mumbai, where I found rows of Bentleys in front of the clubs at night not far from some of the worst living conditions on the planet.

In regards to the hotel, the accommodations and service were Oberoi-level quality. There was a full-time trainer posted in the gym that was super nice. The pool is great and the location of the hotel is very pleasant along the quay.

The hotel is not far from Antilia, the Ambani residence, so be sure to check that out while you're here. I imagine there is a more business-oriented clientele here typically but for me, the experience was all quite novel.

Room Tip: Request a room with a window facing the bay. Use their drivers if not their cars.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank japangeles
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this review, August 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share experience of your stay through TripAdvisor.

We are happy to receive your feedback and to learn that you had an enjoyable stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and that our service and facilities exceeded your expectations.

I have shared your compliments with the chauffeurs for whom it will be a tremendous source of inspiration.

The team and I, look forward to welcoming you in the not too distant future.

Pune
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

Attention to detail second to none. When we came back to our room, all the laptop, iPad cables where neatly rolled up and Velcroed in tidy loops and I could keep the velcro :) The tropical fruit basket in our room was bottomless. I travel with a Vitamix so was nice to have all the fruits to blend in the best smoothies ever.

Room Tip: Try to get an Ocean View room, not only for the view but the rooms are much larger.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank FluidMX
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai.

Your generous compliment of our team being attentive to detail, is very encouraging and will motivate them to scale greater heights of excellence.

I hope that you will visit us again in the not too distant future and thank you for having spared your time to post a review of your stay on TripAdvisor.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

So I checked into the Oberoi Mumbai for a 4 night stay. The check in was sweet and short.
I had booked the luxury room that was pretty smallish. As I’ve spent many years in Mumbai before moving to Dubai, I just wanted to spend my time chilling out in the hotel. I was escorted to our room and was up sold the lush suite that was slightly dearer price wise but worth every penny. I would suggest that at any cost only book the suite. The sight of the sea all day really calmed my senses.
The bathroom was amazing. There was a bath tub, a separate walk in shower and a separate toilet. They had the super luxurious Forrest Essentials brand toiletries that was great.
The suite had everything that I really needed. Plug points for my hair straightened and charging station for my iPhone too.
The cleanliness is beyond compare. Everything is spotlessly clean! The housekeeping staff do the most amazing job. The beds are super comfy. They had as many bottles of water I needed without charge. There was a safe in the room too.
We had breakfast at the hotel. Lots of choice. However the food was just about acceptable. For coffee addicts like me, there’s a Starbucks 5 minutes away from the hotel.
The staff is great and really look after you. The swimming pool is great. But it is always very windy there. The changing room near the pool was very nice and had lockers, towels and all that I needed.
It was one big party and I feel completely rejuvenated, relaxed and spoilt. After returning home, I fell so calm, less anxious and a happy fullness in my heart! I would always choose the Oberoi because of their service and cleanliness.
It’s been a few weeks since I’m back and I’ve received emails and overseas phone calls to check how my stay was and inviting me to choose them again. That’s what I call, A class apart!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Worrybee
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Oberoi, Mumbai and for sharing detailed feedback of your stay through TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to learn that you had an enjoyable stay at The Oberoi. And, that our overall service and facilities exceeded your expectations.

Our team is committed to exceeding our guests expectations, and your feedback motivates the team to strive harder.

We are particularly delighted to note that The Oberoi, will be the hotel of your choice whenever you travel to Mumbai. We look forward to your return and to welcoming you back.

Jackson, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

On my first visit to The Oberoi everything about the hotel, service, staff and food was beyond my very high expectations and standards.

Amazingly on my second visit these were exceeded again.

A tribute to everyone at the Oberoi and definitely my preferred hotel in Mumbai.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank StarTravellar
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Oberoi, Mumbai and for sharing feedback of your stay through TripAdvisor.

Your feedback about our service and facilities exceeding your expectations, is very motivating.

Your generous words of praise, will encourage us to continue striving harder in our pursuit for excellence.

The team and I, look forward to your continued visits and to welcoming you back to Mumbai.

Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice now and amongst other International hotels in India this one is very good. It is next door to the Trident and you can access the Trident within the same labyrinth of corridors and previously I thought that the Trident was good, however the Oberoi is more exclusive and the service better. I thought however, that for such a hotel, the rooms were not generous in size. The food was expensive and fussy in the restaurant with limited International choice and the iron that was supplied to the room was broken ruined a good suit with copious amounts of water spilling on it without warning.

Room Tip: Insist on an ocean facing room, mine faced the back and the view was not wonderful.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank grumpygrampsJordan
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Oberoi, Mumbai and for sharing your feedback through TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to learn that you had a good stay and feel that amongst other International hotel, The Oberoi, Mumbai is very good.

I am very sorry to learn about the iron used by you. We have rechecked the functioning of all irons after your feedback.

I have also noted your feedback regarding the food being expensive and the choice of International cuisine being limited. I will personally review this. The hotel has many categories of rooms. On your next visit, we can show you the various accommodations and have you make a choice.

Whenever you plan to visit again, please write to Mr. Varun Chhibber, General Manager at varun.chhibber@oberoihotels.com or to me at, devendra.bharma@oberoihotels.com. We will be happy to make arrangements for you.

I thank you for your valuable feedback. The team and I, look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

Like all other Oberoi Hotels, this one too lived up to the superb Oberoi hospitality. To sum up my experience here - Great location, very comfortable rooms, amazing views of the sea and the Marine Drive, good food and superb hospitality!

Room Tip: Go for sea facing rooms any day.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Karishma K
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to note that you had an enjoyable experience. Your appreciation of the location, the room, the view, the service and the food, is very encouraging.

We hope to welcome you back each time you visit Mumbai and stay at The Oberoi.