The Oberoi, Mumbai
Travelocity
$112
$73
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Travellers Inn(Mumbai)(Great Value!)
$24
$20
2,501 results
All reviewseau barfenix restaurantchampagne loungemarine drivenariman pointarabian seaocean viewqueen's necklaceexecutive suitebutler serviceindian restaurantworld classexcellent hotellate checkbusiness tripbusiness hotelziya
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 12, 2013

There's nothing bad to say about this Oberoi in south Mumbai. It's a lovely hotel, right on the Marine Drive walkway. The restaurants are excellent, the rooms are luxurious, and the hotel is immaculate. We spent two nights here after landing from the US in Mumbai at the start of our trip, and it was a beautiful landing spot. The outside pool is nice but perhaps a bit small. Otherwise, the only thing I would say is that the Trident is right next door, and perhaps a bit more economical.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and we thank you for sharing your wonderful review through TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to note that you had an enjoyable stay and that our services and facilities exceeded your expectations.

The team and I, look forward to welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Mumbai.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Came here for a one night stay. It is a very lovely modern hotel, away from the hustle and bustle of Downtown Mumbai, about an hour's drive from the airport. I felt it was a true oasis of calm when I arrived, and the staff will do anything to make you comfortable. We had a drink in the Eau Bar, with some rather bland keema samosas, and then went to have dinner at Vetro, the Italian restaurant at the hotel. The carpaccio was tasteless, and I could only manage a few forkfuls of my similarly unexciting spaghetti carbonara. The tomato and mozzarella salad was fine, as was the cannelloni bolognese. The waiter spilled a few dribbles of wine whilst pouring it into my glass and was effusive in his apologies. We thought it was no big deal, and had a laugh with him, but at the end of the meal he brought us a selection of puddings in recompense. Most unexpected and much appreciated. In the early hours of the morning, we were awoken by beeping from the adjoining room, where the last occupant had set an alarm, but it had not been disabled. We called the duty manager and this was attended to immediately. Upon checking out the next morning, the Assistant Manager, Pawan Chahar, was very interested to hear of our experience. He authorised a hotel car to take us to the airport, which was very welcome and gratefully accepted. Great customer service. I would definitely return to this hotel if I came back to Mumbai.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and we thank you for sharing your feedback through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that you had a comfortable stay and that you will return to The Oberoi, Mumbai.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you due to a telephone alarm in the adjoining room and that the snack at Eau Bar and food served at Vetro, was not to your liking. I have personally addressed your feedback with the Chef to review the recipes.

Your generous compliments have been shared with Mr. Pawan Chahar and the entire team for whom it will be a tremendous source of inspiration.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

The title really says it all. I was fortunate enough to spend 3 nights there as part of of a 3 week business trip that took me all across India. The Oberoi in Mumbai is located in the south, perfect for tourism and if your business takes you to that part of the city -it's imperative to limit car travel as much as possible due to the traffic situation.

About the hotel infrastructure I will be very brief: it's absolutely at the top of what you might expect in terms of international standards for a 5* business/tourist hotel. Perfectly clean, well appointed rooms where everything 'just works'.

Where the Oberoi shines is in the level of service and the efficiency/friendliness of their staff. You don't even need to think about anything, they'll pro-actively arrange it. As an example: I read a business newspaper which is not easily available in that part of the country. Casually remarked during checkin that I'd like another one delivered every morning and that I'd read my usual paper online. Lo and behold, next morning I received both and upon me asking they explained that they had managed to find a distributor somewhere and had arranged for one of their staff to pick up up a copy. This is just illustrative of what you can expect all over the line.

Breakfast is a mixed buffet for cold items and pastries but anything warm (omelet, grilled fish, congee or mso soup if you like to have those....)is freshly prepared, no hotplates with scrambled eggs/baked beans to be detected anywhere. It's a rare business stay where I really can find not a single point of criticism but this was one of them. A stay doesn't come cheap but here you get more than what you pay for.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and for sharing your wonderful experience through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to receive your motivating feedback and to learn that you had an enjoyable stay at the hotel.

The team is our strength and your recognition inspires us to scale greater heights of excellence.

We await your return to The Oberoi, Mumbai in the near future.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed here 3 nights at the end of a 4 week holiday. The room, hotel location, restaurants, and bar were all one would expect from a 5 star hotel. What sets this hotel apart are its people. Very welcoming, very service-oriented, and always accurately anticipate your needs. We've never felt so comfortable at a hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that you enjoyed the service and the facilities of the hotel.

Your recognition of our team members is a matter of pride for the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

For the price, the location, the amenities, the service, and anything you could need, the Oberoi can't be beat. From the moment of your arrival you will be lavished with smiles and attention, and you'll be gobsmacked by how beautiful and pristine the hotel is kept. I had no issues at any time-- I give high points to the gym, room service, butler service, and restaurants. Truly a great experience, and I'd love to return on any future visit to Mumbai.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai during your recent visit.

We are delighted to receive your wonderful feedback through TripAdvisor and to learn that you had a very good experience.

Your feedback is very motivating and inspiring.

The team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.