“Excellent Location at Nariman Point on the sea side of Arabian Sea”
Review of The Oberoi, Mumbai

The Oberoi, Mumbai
Ranked #1 of 465 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Like most of Oberoi hotels, Mumbai Oberoi Tower is also excellent . Located in an very nice location the Oberoi tower is vissbile from long distance and also from the hotel Arabian Sea can be well observed. Excellent Restaurant with music while dining.
Very good food with variety. Specially the rooms at hiher storeys can give a you a vetter view.
Rooms are excellent and maintains its standard.
It is costly but worth

Room Tip: Take rooms viewing the Sea
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai.

We are all delighted to note that you enjoyed the location, the rooms and the restaurants.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Executive Vice President

Write a ReviewReviews (2,324)

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed at The Oberoi for 5 nights in Dec. It was one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. And I have had a fair few! Service was perfect, the staff were friendly, very accomodating and welcoming. We were there over New Years, and they eve had little touches like complimentary cocktails and little desserts in the room. The rooms themselves are beautifully furnished and all housekeeping and room services is very much up to 5 star standard. And of course, the view out the windows overlooking the bay are to die for! Wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Are for one with a sea view
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and we thank you for sharing your memorable experience through TripAdvisor.

Your encouraging feedback is very motivating for the team. We are all delighted to receive such feedback.

We hope you will return soon and give us an opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

There has been no doubt about Oberoi's services, but for my Business trips I was a Trident regular from a long time for its sheer value for money. This stay in Mumbai happened by chance and Oberoi Mumbai was exceptional in terms of the feel of luxury and comfort. The rooms are plush, extremely neat, great butler service, highest service standards and very friendly team of true professionals with prompt service. The feel is much more than a business hotel and gives a strong competition to any holiday resort which are meant to provide the this kind of comfort. I had an early check in and my staff forgot give prior information to the hotel. The front office team requested housekeeping and I was in my room within minutes, which is the true reflection of the hospitality standards hotel has..wonderful experience

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and we thank you for sharing feedback of your stay through TripAdvisor.

Your compliments are very motivating and rewarding for the team.

We eagerly await your return in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

True to its name, the Oberio is still as magnificient as any other renovated hotel in the world. But with a big difference - new but old; as radiant as 22 K gold! There is still that appeal that you may be looking out for- be it tranquilty, class, space, or just that casual appeal!

What adds to the whole experience is the staff and their hospitatlity skills. Now you may wonder as to why should one write about such a predictalbe thing, well though it may be predictable but it is certainly not ordinary- a gentle smile, a neat disposition says a lot about an ingrained customer service attitude. I have had the privilage to travel to some of the finest hotels in the world but each time I am there I am reminded of how especial these guys are! It's a default benchmark within me to look at their level of service. They really know how to make you feel special.

Even in the elevators, you will find a smile and a keen hand to push that button. Of course, the food options are great, and there is a lot to choose from. Now if you enjoy sea food- you can knock back as much as you want and still crave for more!

Value for your money; in every sense of the word. You come back feeling really good about your stay and wish to go back for more. Keep up the great work, not just as a guest but more importantly as an Indian I feel so proud that we can showcase a hotel and staff like this as part of the global trajectory.

Room Tip: Take a room at the mid-level, if you wish to see both within the city and the skyline!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and for sharing feedback of your experience, through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay with us. Your appreciation will inspire the team to achieve higher standards of excellence.

The team and I, look forward to your continued visits and to welcome you back.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My first time in India for an 18 day business trip starting in Mumbai. I chose to stay at the Oberoi as I knew f the chain and it seemed quite well regarded.

The hotel was excellent in all aspect and quite a busy business hotel.

The facilities were first class as was the service and the food. The Ziya Indian restaurant was one of the finest meals I have ever had anywhere in the world.

Dear Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai. Your wonderful feedback is very motivating for all of us.

We thank you for having spared your valuable time to share your feedback through TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed January 20, 2013

This hotel was the epitome of good services and hospitality. We stayed in Mumbai for 4 nights and the services provided during these 4 days were wonderful.

Food:
buffet breakfast was included as part of the package. Variety of food available and also able to order from the a la carte menu which includes both western and indian cuisine.

Ziya restaurant is a indian contemporary restaurant in the hotel. They also have a 7 course tasting/degustation menu which was absolutely delicious and fantastic. It costed around 5000 INR/90 USD for each person including a bottle of wine which I think is reasonable.

Pool:
really this was the only disappointing part of the hotel. The pool was quite small and just not very desirable to hang out around the pool.

Room:
Twin share bedroom: very modern and chic with wooden flooring. Beds were AMAZINGLY comfortable to sleep in. TVs in the room and bathroom. The bathroom was really nice and of decent size. The Honey and Saffron range of the bath gel/shampoo/moisturizer is definitely worth mentioning - they are amazing and smells heavenly.

Spa:
me and my friend had treatment in the spa for massages and facial. The only criticism is that when we asked which facial should we get - the answer we got was: as you like. Not very helpful is it? However the massage I received was exceptional.

Overall a very good hotel to be staying in and most definitely recommended. I also visited my friends who were staying at the Taj Palace and I was actually really happy that I chose to stay in Oberoi. Of course if one likes the pool (enough) and history of a hotel the Taj would be a better choice but I would go back to staying with any Oberoi hotels in the future because of this visit.

Room Tip: In my opinion there is no point getting the sea view and paying more at the hotel as it is generally...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and for sparing the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that you had an enjoyed stay and that you will always choose to stay at our hotel on your future visits.

I have addressed your feedback regarding the Spa with the Spa Manager. We must advise our guests with regard to the facial treatments on offer. I apologise for the swimming pool not meeting your expectations.

The team and I, look forward to your continued visits and to welcome you back to The Oberoi, Mumbai.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a night in January 2013. This hotel is right on Marine drive, south Mumbai. The view of Arabian sea from the Hotel rooms are spectacular. Medium sized rooms with all modern facilities. Very good service and best in class security features. Excellent food options.

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and we thank you for sparing your valuable time to share experience of your stay through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that you like the location and you were happy with the services and facilities.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Mumbai.