The Oberoi, Mumbai
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Pool
2,501 results
All reviewseau barfenix restaurantchampagne loungemarine drivenariman pointarabian seaocean viewqueen's necklaceexecutive suitebutler serviceindian restaurantworld classexcellent hotellate checkbusiness tripbusiness hotelziya
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was recently a 'long-termer' at the Oberoi staying intermittently over a period of 3 months. I cannot speak highly enough on the quality of service offered by this superb hotel. The staff are all so kind and courteous, there is a great variety of good quality cuisine offered by the various restaurants and the rooms are well presented and very comfortable. The Oberoi should be very proud of the very high standards to which it adheres.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Oberoi, Mumbai and for sharing your generous feedback through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that your stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai was memorable and that you enjoyed the overall facilities and service.

The team is our strength and your recognition inspires them to do better.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Mumbai.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed at the Oberoi Nariman point was excellent service was out of this world can recommend anytime. Food in the Resturant excellent quality . My second stay and it's unlikely I will stay at another hotel

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ebi P

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Oberoi, Mumbai and for sparing your valuable time to review us on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to receive your feedback and very pleased to note that you had an enjoyable stay at the hotel.

I do hope we will have more opportunities to welcome you back to The Oberoi, Mumbai.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed for one night only. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The rooms were immaculate and beautifully presented with a beautiful view of the marina and the city. It almost felt like we were at sea.

The bar was great with live music and an attentive barman who will indulge you and go to great lengths to make you any cocktail you desire.

Dinner at the Italian restaurant was delicious. Beautiful ambience,tasteful modern decor.I eat meat but chose to be vegetarian whilst in India.I was not disappointed. India is one place that can take credit for being a global vege heaven..you will not desire meat there with the amazing food they have on offer..modern , innovative,tasty..world class.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sanj2U
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and we thank you for sharing your experiences through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that you had an enjoyable stay. Your feedback is very motivating and will encourage the team to scale greater heights of excellence.

We eagerly await your return in the not too distant future and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We spent 2 nights at the Oberoi hotel in dec 12, a few mistakes were made but the management sorted it for us and made our stay a very enjoyable one. Our room was spacious and elegant,
Breakfast was excellent with a lot of attention to detail etc,
We would also recommend the Indian restaurant where the food was also excellent.
Will certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Corner suites are recommended
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and for sparing your time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that you had an enjoyable stay and that the overall services exceeded your expectations. Thank you for recommending Ziya, our Indian restaurant.

The team and I, look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back, in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here for the first two nights after our wedding and this was by far one of the best commercial hotels I have ever stayed at. Our room was on the 22nd floor overlooking the entire bay of Bombay and Marine Drive, not to mention the majestic Arabian Sea.

The room was impeccable. Large and with a separate living area and a large closet by typical standards. The bathroom was also large with an open tub, separate shower and W.C. area. The hotel staff had gone the extra mile to fill it up with warm water and rose petals and had scented candles waiting for us. They also had laid out complimentary brownies and a chocolate mousse cake from the Oberoi bakery/patisserie (probably because we just got married?) on the living room center table. The bed was awesome. Had a bit of an issue with the bedroom temperature though, as it was a bit warm at night due to the aircon vent being on the other side of the room (which was large, with a high ceiling) but the management assured us they would get the problem rectified soon after reading our review form. Room service food was so-so, though special mention for the mushroom bisque which was the best item .

Breakfast buffet was included in our room cost. The Indian breakfast is simply superb (we go often for breakfast meetings to Stax, so I'm also speaking from past experience). I wasn't too impressed by the continental breakfast though, but that's just a matter of personal choice. They had a good selection of DVDs that we could pick and watch a movie from the comfort of our bed. Awesome hotel, all in all.

One thing I would like to suggest though - softer issue: some of the more junion staff need to be sensitised about giving non discriminatory treatment to their patrons, male and female alike, appearance notwithstanding. Being a female business traveler, this is something that struck me as atypical because top rated hotels are usually very particular about this (I heard "hello sir, how can I help you sir?" more often than I was asked the same, which might have possibly been the case because I was dressed in traditional Indian wedding attire when we checked in, and not my usual skirt suit that I wear to work). Not at all pleasant coming from staff at a hotel of this calibre.

That said, I still maintain that it is a fantastic hotel and would totally recommend it to potential travelers to Mumbai - I loved it and I am a Mumbai native!

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors and on the side facing the sea are totally worth it!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai. We thank you for sparing your valuable time to share feedback of your stay through TripAdvisor.

We are all delighted to note that you had an enjoyable stay and that you will recommend The Oberoi, Mumbai to potential travellers.

Your appreciation of the hotel is very inspiring.

I have noted your feedback regarding how our junior staff addressed guests. We will retrain our staff immediately.

The team and I, look forward to your continued visits and to welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Mumbai.