“Best Hotel In Mumbai”
Review of The Oberoi, Mumbai

The Oberoi, Mumbai
Ranked #1 of 489 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed December 1, 2012

There are many 5 star hotels in Mumbai and I have stayed with all of them but Oberoi/Trident ranks way above all these hotels. Excellent ambiance, location and view. The staff is very kind. Top notch service. They just know how to keep you happy.
I highly recommend this hotel to everyone. For myself, I just know where to go now.
Best hotel in Mumbai !

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Partiv
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

It is indeed a pleasure having you at The Oberoi, Mumbai and we thank you for sparing the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that The Oberoi, Mumbai will be your preferred your hotel.

The team and I, look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Executive Vice President

Write a ReviewReviews (2,426)

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Next to Nariman Point and Marine Drive, it's nicely located, but not at what I would consider to be the heart of Mumbai. The lobby is grand and spacious. Aside from one spectacular server (who served me breakfast in the Champagne Lounge on 11/29/12 and was extraordinarily helpful and kind), I felt everyone else was just OK.

The hotel pool is puny, and it's shared with the Trident. The room was fantastic; I enjoyed the clear window wall separating the bathroom and the bedroom.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ememdee

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

We are all delighted to note that you had a memorable stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai.

Your feedback is very motivating and inspiring.

We have noted your feedback regarding the pool, which we will review immediately.

We look forward to welcoming you on your future visits.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed here for five wonderful nights to watch the recent cricket Test match.. The hotel is an oasis in the usual chaos of a big Indian city and the management and staff went out of their way to make it a memorable stay. I ate at each of the hotel's restaurants and was not disappointed. My friends who like Indian cuisine said that the Michelin -starred Asian restaurant was the best they had the whole time we were in India whilst the International restaurant served me up the best steak I have had in quite a while. The ocean view room was really well appointed and as good as anything you could get in the world. Roll on the next Mumbai Test - I will be back!

Room Tip: Pay a little more for an Ocean View room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank bjl70

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Oberoi, Mumbai and for sharing your views through TripAdvisor.

We are all delighted to receive your feedback and to learn that you will always choose to stay with us when you visit Mumbai.

Your feedback is very inspiring and motivating for the team.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Mumbai, in the not too distant future.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We spent 3 nights and 4 days at the Oberoi Mumbai, and I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. The service is the absolute best part, as nearly every other reviewer notes. The staff are genuinely caring and thoughtful, wanting to ensure you have the best possible experience. From the Fenix to the Champagne Bar, to the concierge desk to the front desk, everyone greets you, goes above and beyond to assist you and generally make you feel welcomed. A great example: my husband asked for a mango lassi, not realizing that the season for mangos had passed. It took a while to receive it, and the waiter explained they had to scramble to find the mangos. Any other hotel would have told us they did not have a mango lassi, but not the Oberoi. They made sure he got it (and it was delicious). Another great example of the service: when we mentioned how much we wanted to try the street food but were concerned about the preparation with local water, the staff invited us to a specially prepared lunch of street foods, made just for us. Also delicious! Truly, the staff goes above and beyond at every turn!
The location and the room are also perfect, but the staff is so good that I would stay here again and again, regardless of any other factors! Thanks to the Oberoi for such a welcoming first visit to India!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stacey M

Dear Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us at The Oberoi, Mumbai. Thank you for sharing your views through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Your feedback is very motivating and we are very happy to note that The Oberoi will be your preferred hotel when you travel to Mumbai.

We thank you for recommending our hotel and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Mumbai.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed a couple nights in the glorious Oberoi Mumbai late November 2012. Talked about dedicated to excellence. After I ate in their daily fare restaurant and found some disappointment in the food and timing, making my suggestions on their feedback forms ( which they are eager to have the customer fill out...) the head chef in charge of all the restaurants therein sought me out for a conversation. I was floored. He was sincere, polite, eager to learn and improve, humble. He listened closely to my comments. It was such a pleasure for me to talk to such a smart guy. Then my room had some strange phone problem. After a few attempts to fix it failed, the duty manager swiftly moved me to a top floor suite. Again, I was so impressed. If you want gorgeous luxury, go no where else in Mumbai!

Room Tip: Ask to face the ocean and " the Queen's necklace".
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank drtike

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Oberoi, Mumbai and for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

Your feedback is very inspiring. We are delighted to note that you had a comfortable stay and will choose to stay at The Oberoi, on your future visits to Mumbai.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back, in the not too distant future.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Loved the view of the sea and the Mumbai skyline, I could stay in the room all day :)

Excellent facilities and service, as expected. Taxis are also easily available at the back of the hotel.

Had a pleasant surprise when I was relaxing at the pool one night and was offered cappuccino, on the house :)

Definitely hope to be back, or stay at other Oberoi hotels, when I have the $$$.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank wallflower69

Dear Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us at The Oberoi, Mumbai and thank you for sharing your review through TripAdvisor.

We are all delighted to note that you had an enjoyable stay. Your comments about the hotel and the team are very motivating.

My team and I, look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Having just spent a week at The Oberoi, I must say that
we were impressed with its uniform excellence in every
aspect - from the service, to its impeccable cleanliness,
to its wonderful in-room breakfasts and to its restaurants.
Overlooking Marine Drive, easily accessible for walks and
for jogging and easy access to an upscale shopping plaza,
The Oberoi remains a jewel in an exciting city.

You can't go wrong!

Room Tip: We had a suite overlooking the sea. Highly recommended.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Gagan M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai and for taking out time to share your feedback through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that you had a very good experience.

Your feedback is very motivating and inspires us to scale greater heights of excellence.

The team and I, look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Mumbai.