“Convenient and excellent for business travel”
Review of The Oberoi, Mumbai

The Oberoi, Mumbai
Ranked #1 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Hong Kong
“Convenient and excellent for business travel”
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Location is great for most business trips though it takes about an hour to get in from the International airport. Very spacious, nice lobby, pleasant and very attentive staff. Rooms are a little small compared to other cities in Asia but quite good compared to hotels in India. Food quality is mixed- the downstairs bar has a good selection of appetizers and some very good mixed drinks, however the Indian restaurant is a bit too modernized/westernized in my view (sort of a new/updated approach to Indian food but no options for people that like the more usual stuff, also small portions and not especially tasty). Did not try the other restaurant (Italian?). Very good security, all the standard business travel stuff. Gym is decent not spectacular. All in all a good place to stay and perfect for business travel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank anonymous-HongKong
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this review, December 26, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your review about your experience with the TripAdvisor community.

We are thrilled to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us at The Oberoi, Mumbai. Your recognition for our team members is a tremendous source of inspiration which will motivate them to strive harder for excellence.

With regards to our room sizes it varies from 350sqft to 2400sqft which are quite luxurious and well-appointed and feature the latest technology. Please do write to me at nitesh.gandhi@oberoihotels.com and let me know when you plan to return to Mumbai as we will be pleased to upgrade you to the next room category.

Ziya is our new Indian speciality restaurant which is helmed by the direction of the twice Michelin starred Chef Vineet Bhatia, his cuisine presents a distinctive contemporary style of Indian dining. Besides this Ziya also serves a limited selection of traditional Indian dishes which the guests may order as well.

Thank you for recommending us as a perfect business hotel and we look forward to your return in the not too distant future.

In the meantime, my team joins me in wishing you an awesome festive season and a prosperous New Year, 2012.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Vancouver
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Not surprisingly, this is a very nice hotel. Many nice hotels in India though have a habit of being very nice and pretty on the outside and then get bogged down by lots of little problems but I didn't have any at this hotel. Food was good, service was second to none. The rooms are spacious and well laid out. One could say something about the cost to wash your tshirts and underwear but I suppose one could say that about every hotel anywhere.
Nariman point has a lot to offer visitors in terms of sights, restaurants and shopping but I have found most businesses have their offices in different parts of the city. Mumbai traffic is crazy so unless you have your business in this part of town, stay closer to the north of the city.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this review, December 27, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your views with the TripAdvisor community.

We all thrilled to know that you had a wonderful and a comfortable stay with us at The Oberoi, Mumbai.

Nothing gives us more joy than to know that the team has delivered their best in exceeding your expectation, which is truly rewarding for all of us.

My team joins me in wishing you an awesome festive season and a prosperous New Year, 2012.

mumbai
Reviewed December 20, 2011

i was on a business trip in mumbai and during one of my halts my host had booked this hotel oberoi for us.Hence we had no choice but to stay at the hotel.The entrance lobby has 2 levels.Lower and upper lobby. The upper lobby has sitting waiting arrangement, wherein you could have a cup of coffee/juice with a buddy, at either of the restaurants.
Overall, the rooms overlooking the lobby internally and the business centre buildings externally, were rationale enough to live for a few days.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments and sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

The entire team is pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel.

The Champagne Lounge besides serving a selection of fine teas and coffees also serves a large variety of Champagne by glass at Rs. 650/- per glass inclusive of all taxes.

We look forward to your continued visits and assure you of our best service and attention at all times.

In the meantime my team joins me in wishing you an awesome festive season and a prosperous New Year, 2012.

Stockholm
Reviewed December 19, 2011

The hotel provides complimentary airport pick up with an Audi A8. I arrived around 23.00 and it was a 50 min drive to the hotel.

After the security screening I was greeted by name by the hotel staff. Check-in was done in my room, and was a breeze.

The room was of good size and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom had both a shower and a bathtub.

The wired Internet worked perfect and there's also a WiFi option.

The breakfast was of good quality.

I had a small issue with the bill during check out, which was corrected instantly.

Audi A8 back to the airport, very nice.

I will back at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this review, December 21, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your detailed review with the TripAdvisor community.

We are all delighted to know that you had a comfortable stay and you enjoyed the personalized service cater by our team.

I sincerely regret that you were inconvenience during the time of check out. We have noted your feedback and have trained our team members accordingly. I am sure you will find a positive result on your next visit with us.

We look forward to your return and hope to be your preferred destination when you are in Mumbai.

My team joins me in wising you a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year 2012.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed December 18, 2011

We stayed at the Oberoi, Mumbai over the weekend and were overwhelmed by the staff's desire to please us and ensure our stay was memorable - they achieved it by a wide margin!

Having stayed with most of the 5* chains in India (Taj, Leela, Hyatt, Le Meridien, etc) this was our first time at an Oberoi and I can safely say that the service level was way beyond anything we've experienced. The degree of personalization, engagement, attention to detail, accompanied by a willingness to go well beyond the normal call of duty is absolutely admirable and present in each interaction.

We dined at Ziya (contemporary Indian restaurant) and the food was very good but be warned that the servings or appetizers are large enough to compromise your appetite for the mains. The desserts, especially the chocolate platter and a trio of mousse with Bailey's ice cream were fantastic - I'd love to visit the restaurant again if only to have these desserts!

Though this is a business oriented hotel, it didn't detract from our experience, courtesy their splendid staff.

Room Tip: MUST choose an ocean facing room, higher the floor, better the view.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your memorable experience with the TripAdvisor community.

All of us are overwhelmed to know that you had a wonderful weekend at The Oberoi, Mumbai and that you have taken fond memories of your stay with you.

The team is committed to quality service and your recognition will inspire them to create moments of delight for our guests.

I do hope that you do have the occasion to visit us soon.

My team joins me in wishing you a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year 2012.

Safed, Israel
Reviewed December 6, 2011

We stayed at the Oberoi Mumbai for 4 nights 28 Nov - 2 Dec. My husband travels extensively and is accustomed to 5-star service but the Oberoi goes above and beyond that. Well organised, efficient, spotlessly clean, beautiful rooms, and the service was just superb. I loved the location, on the tip of Nariman point and close to the more charming older areas of South Mumbai. Staff should should be commended for their politeness and friendliness without being obsequious at all. We had a fabulous stay where everything went smoothly and efficiently, and where the smallest details were taken care of. Most comfortable hotel bed I've every slept in!! I would highly recommend the Oberoi to fellow travellers, for business or for pleasure.

Room Tip: View of Marine Drive and/or Arabian Sea.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
NiteshGandhi, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Oberoi, Mumbai and sharing your review with the TripAdvisor community.

The entire team is thrilled to know that you had a fabulous stay with us. The team is committed to quality service and will go beyond their call of duty to make your stay memorable.

Thank you for highly recommending us and I do hope that you have the occasion to visit us again in the not too distant future.

Warm regards,
London
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I was on a business trip with a colleague rn November 2011 and when choosing a hotel and after very little thinking I decided that it was going to be the Oberoi. What a good choice it was.
We arrive just after midnight and the driver plus another staff from the hotel promthly welcomed us and took us to the car to take us to the hotel. The car as other people mentioned here was an Audio A8 which is very comfortable indeed but I would say out of place in the Mumbai Roads. We were given cold towels and bottle water which we needed. Drive to the hotel as there was little traffic took just under 1h.
At the hotel after the security checks at the gate we were quickly taken to the lobby and one member of the staff escorted me to my room while another took my colleague to his own where we completed the rest of the paperwork very quickly. My bags followed up soon.
The hotel rooms are of a good size for a business user with all the necessary things that makes your life easy. Most importantly they are spotless.
Over the next 4 days we had a very comfortable stay and we tried Vetro & Fenix restaurants and the bar. Food in the Italian restaurant was amazing and we were both surprised about it. The Fenix was also a nice surprise but having already dined at the Vetro first the expectations were high already. The only thing I was expecting to be better was the breakfast. Although the quality was great the selection could have been better for this kind of hotel. If there is one thing that needs improvement then I would say its this
Also I would also like to mention that all hotel staff were fantastic on everything we wanted or needed and always friendly and with a smile. That made our stay much more enjoyable despite the long working hours.
Checkout was as efficient as the checking. Overall I would say the hotel is a PROPER 5* and should be one of the first choices for someone visiting Mumbai. Price wise is what you expect for this kind of hotel but very likely out of reach for most local people. Next time I am in Mumbai the Oberoi will be on top of my list so I would recommend it to everyone

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Oberoi, Mumbai for your recent stay.

All of us feel so proud to read such a fantastic review from you. We are all thrilled to know that you had an incredible experience and you have taken fond memories of your stay with you.

We have noted your feedback on the selection of our breakfast choices which we will review shortly.

Thank you for recommending The Oberoi, Mumbai and we look forward to your return.