“Excellent location helpful staff full of energy”

The Taj Mahal Palace
Ranked #3 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent location helpful staff full of energy”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

This hotel is wonderful , a stay you will never forget , I have been staying at this hotel from 1996 but I this time I was at the hotel after a long time lets say after the attack on the hotel , the staff is just as cheerful and the hotel is just a lovely place to stay the breakfast is well balanced in terms of quality and menu. I strongly recommend travellers visiting Mumbai India must stay at this wonderful hotel and enjoy the morning or evening walks on the beach have a coffee at the lounge or just eat in on of its excellent dining options .

Room Tip: I always prefer a high rise non-smoking room a sea facing room would be a nice .
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Gautam K
tmhgm_bom, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, responded to this review, June 25, 2014

Greetings from The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Taj.

Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. Your kind words of appreciation for our staff members will go a long way in motivating and encouraging them to do even better in future.

Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Taj soon.

The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,601)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 21, 2014

The Taj Mahal Palace Mumbai was our last stay before departing on a Seabourn Cruise to the Middle East & Rome. When we realised we had the option of boarding in Mumbai, there was only one hotel we considered and this hotel more than met our expectations. Everything we had arranged through the hotel from the aiport pickup to the guide arranged for us to our dinner reservations and departure was undertaken faultlessly, again by people who cared about their hotel and its reputation. Our large suite looked straight over the Gateway to India and was in absolutely perfect order and condition more than commensurate with our expectations. The history of this hotel again reinforces its place in India's world status. Meals at Masala Kraft and Sea Lounge were in keeping with the reputation of this hotel and are highly recommended. The hotel is perfectly located and well worth a stay.

Room Tip: Overlooking the Gateway is hard to beat!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tss

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Awesome experience when staying at The Taj Mahal Palace. Very unique, Excellent atmosphere, and the staff's are really friendly. Their Reception area is well decorated with real flowers, I like it very much.

Welcome: They treat every guests very well from the entry, with flowers and Thilak(Indian style welcome), i feel very happy about their welcome.

Rooms: Based on my request they upgraded to sea view rooms, rooms are very pleasant and cool, watching Gateway of India from the room is really good, rooms has all those facilities, and an excellent kind of bath area.

Surprise: It was my spouse birthday, when knowing this, The Taj staffs decorated the rooms with balloons, flowers, etc., When entering the rooms we really feel good and surprised, their guest relations team is awesome, and offered a wonderful cake too. Kudos to Taj guest relations team. You people rocking.......:-)

Every day they arrange Hotel Tour, explained about their heritage, Each restaurants in hotel is very unique with paintings around, playing musical instruments in old style is awesome. cool.

The best place for couple stay: Very good place for couple stay, In front of the Gateway of India, This is my best experience till now, waiting for another stay at The Taj Mahal Palace - The real palace stay.

Room Tip: Choose Sea view rooms when stay at Tower wing, above 4th floor is the best option
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

It was a 2 day halt in Mumbai from an international trip, before we headed back to Pune. We got palace side room and later upgraded to sea view and let me tell you that was amazing. The luxury oozes out from every bit of the thing you see. I loved the TV concept that they have got embedded in the mirror. All the restaurants are world class. Last but not the least, please do the heritage tour that happens everyday at 5. And it will take you back in time. Hats off to the Experience Manager who speaks 32 languages from world and has an amazing style of story telling. The grand paintings and royal interior will remain with you until you arrive there again. Super impressed. Wah Taj !

Stayed March 2014
tmhgm_bom, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, responded to this review, June 23, 2014

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

The Taj is an amazing hotel. I was in a Palace room which was just beautiful. The common areas in the hotel are also stunning. The room was very well equipped with every item you might need thought through. Good bed, great bathroom. Breakfast in the Sea Lounge was excellent. The staff had been fantastic.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MassiG
tmhgm_bom, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, responded to this review, June 21, 2014

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Very attentive service. Nicely decorated rooms. Fantastic restaurant -- try Kamala Kraft. Have breakfast or tea at the Sea Lion.

The location is terrific. Ultimately it's the attentiveness of the staff that really makes this hotel special.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Istrian54
tmhgm_bom, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, responded to this review, June 20, 2014

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed June 18, 2014

There is no other hotel associate with Mumbai as the Taj Mahal Palace. The location is perfect for visitor to the city. The wide open frontage facing the Gateway of India is an impressive sight. The services starting with the warm welcome from the impressive doormen to its beautiful decorated lobby and a team of staff that make the palace come to life. Unfortunately we can give further review on the hotel since we visited as a tourist without staying in. We came to Mumbai with a cruise ship and simply went there for a visit as part of our sightseeing stops.

However from the overall facilities, location, liveliness, and services, the Taj Mahal Palace will be our number 1 choice for our next visit.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
tmhgm_bom, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, responded to this review, June 19, 2014