“Wow”

The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai
Ranked #5 of 461 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed May 23, 2014

It was our turn to pay for treat and so we had lunch at the hotel......'Ouch.!!'.
Gosh it cost.
What a lovely experience however.
Excellent food and incredible service, the rooms are decorated luxuriously and nothing is too much trouble, we had a long afternoon there.....................it felt like luxury and it sure was.
If you have had tea at the Ritz then you must have lunch here.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
tmhgm_bom, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2014

Greetings from The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Taj.

It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful time.

Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Taj soon.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Staying at the Taj is more about heritage and charm of the historic property. It is said everyone knows about and most indians aspire to stay at the taj once in their lifetime....

I have seen the hotel over the last few years and it has a 100 year old legacy to show. its a top noth experience of staying, dining here.

the new renovated rooms, more and more exciting food options in the restaurants are always innovating

Wasabi the restaurant now is amongst the best in India and Asia and has been awarded the same.

This is a must go place for sheer nostalgia sakes

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Superb hotel, courteous staff, the Palace / Heritage wing is the only place to be if one is staying at the hotel.
The restaurants, specifically Wasabi by Morimoto and Masala Kraft & Starboard (restaurants frequented by me) serve exceptional food,

Room Tip: Request for a sea facing Room or a pool facing room
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
tmhgm_bom, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Well I don't think my review will make much of a difference but this hotel is simply fantastic . I have stayed in many luxurious hotels but this is just pure pleasure to stay at . It's expensive for sure but I think it's worth every penny . I was there for work and believe me every time I was about to leave the hotel I was sad mainly because I dint want to encounter mumbai's traffic and at the same time. Didn't want to leave the comfort of this place. This hotel is amazing I think the staff is very professional and experienced. It has it's heritage restored with the beautiful building and then food is so amazing as well . No complains at all from this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms with the sea view obviously .
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Parishot

Greetings from The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai.

Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. Your kind words of appreciation for our staff members will go a long way in motivating and encouraging them to do even better in future.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

first stayed in hotel in my own city mumbai. upgraded to suite in the old wing of taj. service is just superb right from check-in to room service. only thing it is a long walk . the suite was amazing and was at the end of corridor. the sizes of room are over 70 sq mts and they have lounge on ground floor which is open 24 hours.

Room Tip: have to take a room in old taj
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
tmhgm_bom, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is excellent. I had a great stay.da bedrooms are clean an toilets are excellent. The beds are most comfortable. The service is excellent. Friendly staff.food is great.this is really a palace.no doubt

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
tmhgm, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2015

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Unlike others we chose to stay in the tower block because of the views.

Barely mentioning that it was our 10th anniversary we were utterly and completely shocked to discover on opening the door that we had been upgraded to a suite !!

Not only that but there were cakes decorations and flowers by the tonne.

It really was quite overwhelming - what customer service !

Frankly the Taj exceeded expectations and we especially loved the outside pool area and the Harbour bar.

Eat at one of the restaurants also - Wasabi is a great place for that special meal.

Well done staff !!