$166
$219
$128
Travelocity
  • Pool
Hotel Le Grande(Mumbai)(Great Value!)
$49
$40
$111
$73
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
7,395 results
All reviewsmasala kraftgolden dragonharbour barheritage tourhotel tourtower winghigh teaold wingrose petalsindia gatebeautiful hotelsea viewclub roombutler serviceindian restaurantgatewaylounge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We visited india for 2 weeks in February and this hotel was the highlight of all we stayed in. The hotel itself is beautiful & v v clean. We had a room in the older building with a view over the water from where we could see the gateway to india monument & light display every evening. The room was spotless and majestic, decked in white marble - one of the nicest we'd ever seen.

The swimming pool area is relatively small however the atmosphere was quiet & relaxing & felt private. You can eat there, the sandwiches are not fantastic but for india not a disaster. There are 6 or so restaurants to choose from. We tried the gourmet - the zodiac grill which was very good, the indian restaurant which was great & the pizza in Aquarius. For india the pizza wasn't bad. The prices were massive relative to other indian places but cheaper than what you'd pay in Europe for such a luxurious hotel.

The best thing about the whole visit was the customer service - anything we wanted was available & they don't expect tips every time you do something. They seemed like it was a pleasure to help.

Room Tip: Palace rooms with view of the water are great
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
tmhgm_bom, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Greetings from The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Taj.

Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. Your kind words of appreciation for our staff members will go a long way in motivating and encouraging them to do even better in future.

Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Taj soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Its an experience that one has to experience. ..the touch of Indian hospitality is the icing on the cake....

Taj Mahal Palace hotel's STAFF leaves no stones unturned to make your STAY a real REMARKABLE and a VERY MEMORABLE one.....

Its the VERY BEST in the WHOLE WORLD....

THREE CHEERS to be genuine from the heart experience each and every staf wholeheartedly provide making both me and my family so special and comfortable. ..

A sign of true SERVICE ATTITUDE. ...

All the other things like location. ..shopping in and around. .... historic places..assistance. ..food...local food...local people. ..climate...etc was really WOW..

AN real experience by itself. ...which can only be experienced not penned ever. ..

GO FOE IT WITHOUT FLUTTERING AN EYELID....GIFT YOURSELF AND YOUR LOVED ONES THIS .....

• Stayed: April 2014
tmhgm_bom, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I came here for my birthday weekend and stayed in a club room in the main part of the hotel. The hotel itself is beautiful, but is the service that you will appreciate. The staff went above and beyond my expectations. The butler assigned to my room was excellent and the little surprises he left in the room throughout the weekend (including a delicious birthday cake) made me feel like I was the most important guest at the hotel. Viren D'Sa, the experiences manager, seemed like my best friend towards the end of my stay. You MUST take the hotel tour with him as the guide. He is extremely knowledgeable about the property and I have no doubt he will end up as some kind of television personality soon enough. Staying at the Taj Mahal Palace was one of the best hotel experiences I've had in my lifetime.

Room Tip: Stay in a club room with a view of the harbor.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michael N
tmhgm_bom, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is nicely located hotel in Mumbai and carries great heritage. People who carries great architecture understanding, this is one of the best place to stay. Service is good. Location is awesome. View to sea is from each front facing room gives you a peace to enjoy the nature sitting in your room itself. Net..net great experience to explore...

Room Tip: Go for sea facing rooms
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Gupta_pankaj74
tmhgm_bom, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Reviewed April 14, 2014

One of the best places in mumbai i have been, truly very sohisticated,Classy and the ambiance and the service provided by the team of starboard truly excellent.Their menu consist of huge variety of cocktails and all of them taste great and matches the theme food of mexican.The bar snack was an interesting trail mix, crunchy/spicy/chewy at the same time...which we got a few helpings of. The beer was cold and appeared quickly...can't ask for more.The Manager and waiters buzzed around trying to make sure that we were never missing anything.

Pros - great place good upbeat tempo and superb music
Kudos to Rahul (Manager)for making my party a great one.I would Like to give him the entire credit for taking care of minute details and making a point each and every guest is happy
The ambiance is very relaxed specially being in the present in the lobby of the hotel.

Surely visiting soon !!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank p r

Greetings from The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai.

It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful experience. Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team.