I stayed here twice during my latest trip to India. I had a Palace Room on both occasions and used the Club Room facilities. Beautiful hotel, with history and style. In my opinion this is the very best hotel I have ever stayed in India, and I have been to quite a few different palaces in various areas.
I gave the travel desk a difficult problem, and they were more than up to the job and solved the issue in a timely manner. The Concierge service was also enormously helpful and efficient.
I recommend this hotel without reservation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1903, The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai is India's first luxury hotel. Offering panoramic views of the Arabian Sea and the Gateway of India, the hotel is a city landmark. The hotel offers 550 rooms including 42 suites, each adorned with original paintings and period furniture that exude an aura of old-world charm and elegance. The restaurants at The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai offer distinctive dining experiences that cover the finest Indian and international cuisines - from casual, all-day eateries to Oriental, Japanese, Indian and Mediterranean fine dining. The hotel also houses the first licensed bar of Mumbai and also a beautiful sea-front restaurant for hi-tea and live music. Palace Services in the Palace Wing of the hotel add to the experience, where the butler plays the all important role of guide and assistant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Indian Hotels Company Limited, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Taj Mahal Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Mahal Palace Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Hotel Taj Mahal Palace
- Taj Hotels
- The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel
- Taj Palace Hotel
- The Taj Mahal Hotel
- The Taj Hotel