“How to become royal”

The Taj Mahal Palace
Ranked #3 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Massachusetts
“How to become royal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

This hotel will convince you that you really are royalty. It is extremely well located across from the Gateway to India monument, near the boat dock for Elephanta Island, and within a reasonable distance of the Museum. But it is the service and elegance (found throughout the hotel) that make it so special. A treat that you will want to keep repeating.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
tmhgm_bom, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, responded to this review, December 18, 2013

Greetings from The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Taj.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Taj soon.

The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,564)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

One of the best hotels to be at the finest structure in the city if it's not this the its nothing the Mecca of all hotels in Mumbai. It has an amazing veiw from the top floor of the restaurant the apollo bunder the gateway of india. Nothing like being here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
tmhgm_bom, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, responded to this review, December 13, 2013

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

I was to attend a meeting being hosted at the Taj,so I took the opportunity to stay there.This decision was because I had stayed there some years ago in the much acclaimed Presidential suite,which was by default as they had run out of nonsmoking rooms - I had a blast then.
This is a hotel with a long history of 100 years,in fact the TV has a dedicated channel giving you the history of the hotel and the famous guests who were here.
In thee cent past it is sad story of 26/11 hostage situation that was so well handled by the staff of the hotel in helping several guests that made me stay here.
The m was efficient,the staff extremely friendly and helpful .
The rooms are good,so is the bed,the bathrooms are spacious.
The food is excellent.
The walk around the hotel is also very picturesque ,the hotel has a guided tour of its property daily.
The important guest at the same time of my stay was Prince Charles from UK,I got a glimpse of him in the lobby one day.
A memorable stay ,I must say.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
tmhgm, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, responded to this review, February 26, 2015

Greetings from The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai.

Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. Your kind words of appreciation for our staff members will go a long way in motivating and encouraging them to do even better in future.

Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

The Iconic Taj Hotel in Mumbai is without question one of the worlds great hotels a must visit - stay on the Club Floor so you can enjoy a beverage wjilst relaxing and overlooking the famous Gateway to India.

Room Tip: Fifth floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank robert p

Greetings from The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai.

Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback.

Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

If you like being treated as a VIP then a stay at the Taj Mahal Palace is a for you. From the moment that we arrived until our check-out we were felt like royalty. The whole experience from the well appointed rooms, room service and the concierge were excellent. It a trip from the airport but worth the experience. The food at every restaurant was five stars. The staff went out of their way to make you feel special.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
tmhgm_bom, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, responded to this review, December 11, 2013

Greetings from The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai.

It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us. Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team.

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

After many visits to Bombay and also The taj for breakfast tea meals etc I decided to stay as a treat and also because I had recently read the book about the terrible attack on this venerable Old Bombay Institution I stayed in the old palace wing Full of exquisite grace taste and wonderful style The walk to the room up the stairs was even a pleasure The room was so comfortable and full of such marvellous furnishings obviously wonderfully caredfor and maintained It was like being a Maharani for a short time Marble bath fast hot shower Fluffy white towels etc etc I couldve sent the whole visit in this room The beautiful Sea Lounge or Shamiana for breafastwith a head spinning choice And such fine kind caring and individual sevice The Tour and History of this venerable Bombay Institution and also a insight into the amazing Tata Art Collection Oh quite wonderful The staff here are professional treat you as an individuallI cannot tell you what a fine and memorable exerience staying here was Combined with the reading of the book about the terror attack and its acknowledgement of the braveryof the staff towards their customers made staying at The Taj an unforgetable experience I amnow savingu for my next stay Wonderful Amazing Taj

Room Tip: I was very lucky to get ugrade to Palace Do ask the lovely staff
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank shakirayork
tmhgm_bom, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, responded to this review, December 10, 2013

Worcestershire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

A great hotel with lots of history located next to the gateway to India which I think was constructed for the Queens visit to India.
Far a business stay i suggest that you would only stay here if you are working in the emendate area as it takes about 1 hour to get to the airport or anywhere in that area.
I can't fault the hotel everything is well maintained and the service is fantastic.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business