“Sensational”

The Taj Mahal Palace
Ranked #3 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Brisbane, Australia
“Sensational”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Quite simply the best hotel I have ever stayed in. The warmth of the welcome from all members of staff, the quality of the food, the extra attention to detail, the sheer beauty of the decor and the comfortable beds and quality linens continuously delighted us during our 3 day stay. Don't miss the complimentary tour of the hotel each afternoon. The concierge and all the reception team are so knowledgable and helpful. We just want to say a huge thank you.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 12th floor in the tower and it was a lovely room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
tmhgm_bom, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, responded to this review, September 30, 2013

Greetings from The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Taj.

It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us. Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Taj soon.

The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,620)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This hotel defines service. You already know it is in the prime location overlooking the Gateway to India. There is of course high security at every step and the food in the restaurants is exceptional. Kraft Masala is of course amazing. But, what you may not know is the high level of service you get at every turn. Let me start by saying that Satish Gaikwad is by far away the best concierge I have come across in my many travels and stays. He not only books tours for you but follows up with genuine questions and concerns if you are not satisfied. He went way out of his way to make my daughter feel welcome with a special box of tea and we were always looking forward to seeing his smiling face when we returned. We were not 100% happy with our Be Local tour of Dharavi and he had a refund waiting for us (that we politely refused). We intentionally left a pair of old sweats in the room. Needless to say we got a follow-up email offering to courier our left behind personal items at no charge. I can not tell you how many items I have accidentally left behind only to never see them again despite endless follow ups. It's not the cheapest hotel in Mumbai but it is one of my favorites in the world.

Room Tip: You can arrange this in advance. Make sure you find Satish Gaikwad. Say hello.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank louwave
tmhgm_bom, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, responded to this review, September 29, 2013

Delhi
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I recently stayed one night or would say few hours in taj Palace hotel. I booked a tower sea view room however due to late arrival in the hotel. Taj staff Gave me a tower city view room which I noticed after couple of hours. I didn't escalate this to their manager because I had to sleep for my earlier morning flight to delhi.

When I was leaving from Taj at 5am so I informed this to reception staff and they checked their record and just apologized to me.

Well Taj is a legend so they deserve a second chance. I have planed a trip to mumbai and kovalam.

I want to book a room in Taj palace hotel however, need suggestion from all which room type should I book with them

luxury room Sea view or Tower room Sea view

Please suggest.

Varun.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Drunkdevil1989
tmhgm_bom, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, responded to this review, October 1, 2013

Greetings from The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai.

We are grateful to you for letting us have your honest feedback, as it is indeed the pre-eminent barometer by which we can measure our achievements and shortfalls, in providing the best of services to our valued guests. Incase you are planning to travel to Mumbai in the near future do let me know and we will assist you with your booking. Please note my email id: tmhgm.bom@tajhotels.com

We greatly value your patronage and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

The Taj Mahal Palace
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Didn't stay a night here but visited this hotel's pub and restaurant twice. Got a chance to check this hotel during the visit to the restautant. Staff are very friendly and the interior of the hotel is exceptional.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Greetings from The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai.

It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful experience. Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Luxurious stay in Mumbai. Good spread of breakfast and excellent restaurants and food. One actually feels, that we are entering history while walking into the Hotel. The staff that stays up to the image and pride of Taj. Lots of places around in walking distances and very convenient. I really enjoyed my stay in this property which is also the face of Taj hotels!

Room Tip: Ask for sea facing if you refer...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank HPTC

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed at Palace section of the Hotel which gives me a wonderful feeling of rich taste and culture.
Reception and lobby is grand and staff are very polite and courteous. Ambience of the Room is very Good. Room is very cosy and comfortable and loaded with accessories. The panoramic view of The Gateway of India from the Room is wonderful. I enjoyed the evening at the Restaurant and tasted the lovely food. Restaurant was well decorated and lighted and gives a very elegant and enchanting feeling.They have many varieties of Tea and pastries. The Hotel is also centrally located. Overall my stay at this Hotel was very memorable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank aniladityaca

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner were on a tight budget travelling through India. However, given the iconic nature and location of this hotel we decided to splash out and spend the money. I can honestly say it was worth every cent!!

-Upon arrival we were immediately upgraded to a deluxe room with a balcony that looked directly down onto the gateway of India.

-Breakfast wasn't included in our room rate, but we decided to have it anyway. When we went to pay, the restaurant manager said not to worry about it and gave it to us complementary.

-The phone line went down briefly (which we didn't even realise) due to a storm. The next day the guest service manager personally came to our room, apologised and gave us a complementary bottle of wine and flowers. This made us feel very welcome and special.

-We had a late departure to Goa the day we were due to check out. They allowed us a late check out with no worries, and after we did finally check out we were still able to use all the amazing hotel facilities (pool/spa etc) with no problems at all.

A beautiful hotel with absolutely amazing hospitality and service. Was worth every ruppee and would recommend to anyone visiting Mumbai!!!

• Stayed September 2013