Luxurious yet not too formal, just the way I like it.
From a very friendly and efficient check in [at 11:30 am with no waiting], to the baggage porter who snipped off the airport security fasteners and airline tags to rooms being made up early morning - it was the small things that made the difference. And as chef Marco Pierre White says "Perfection is lots of little things done well.”
What you will not find are smart TVs, Bose audio dock for your iPhone, AirPlay printers and the other tech comforts of home. And I really wish they would make the wifi complimentary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1903, The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai is India's first luxury hotel. Offering panoramic views of the Arabian Sea and the gateway of India, the hotel is a city landmark. The hotel offers 543 rooms including 54 suites, each adorned with original paintings and period furniture that exude an aura of old-world charm and elegance. The restaurants at The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai offer distinctive dining experiences that cover the finest Indian and international cuisines - from casual, all-day eateries to Oriental, Japanese, Indian and Mediterranean fine dining. The hotel also houses the first licensed bar of Mumbai and also a beautiful sea-front restaurant for high tea and live music. Palace Services in the Palace Wing of the hotel add to the experience, where the butler plays the all important role of guide and assistant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Mahal Palace Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Hotel Taj Mahal Palace
- Taj Hotels
- The Taj Mahal Hotel
- Taj Palace Hotel
- The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel
- The Taj Hotel