“Great place to stay”
Review of The Leela Mumbai

The Leela Mumbai
Ranked #18 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was working out of Mumbai and decided to stay here for 9 days, the hotel is great the people are fantastic - my only thing was that the rooms are a little tired and need modernising. Housekeeping was a little hit and miss in terms of the stocking of the mini bar and leaving bottled water but overall recpetion staff, lobby, restaurant and concierge are all super - safe surroundings and a genuine feel of people trying to the best for you. Well worth it if you want nice surroundings and a great envrionment to socialise in.

Room Tip: Garden views are better than city views and they still do smoking and non smoking
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I can only say that The Leela is safe and the best palace to stay in Mumbai. I have really enjoyed the stay and it is most green hotel. The hotel staff are extermly well organised to give you best support.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Mohammed Q
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is a well placed hotel with a great garden space in the middle of busy Mumbai street. Front desk and all other staff are ready to serve at all time. I forgot the name of the doorman, a tall man with an mustache is always welcomed me with my name every time I entered the hotel. I have been staying at this hotel since 2003 and never disappointed. Breakfast is excellent. I met the owner Capt. Nayar and CEO Mr Kaul. Greta team.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ash-NewOrleans
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Been coming to the Leela for several years and this year it was a real disappointment. The staff - except at the front desk - maybe due to the fact the Leela is no more a Kepinsky chain hotel was not efficient, slow and even sometimes rude (the Citrus) at breakfast and dinner. The service at the Jamavar, on the other hand was very good and prompt. The food quality at the buffet (Citrus) has drastically gone down. The rooms...ok but a heavy smell of mildew. The rest is as usual, but it is a pity to see this superb hotel change......Considering changing hotel next year.

Room Tip: Try the Club floor or top floors.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Romanbiker
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I've been starting my stays at this hotel about 25 years ago , and every time I have to cross Mumbai on my trips to India I choose it . Especially after the latest renovation , the rooms at the Club floor are wonderful , while restaurants and all other amenities are as good as ever .
Its location a few minutes from the international airport is the most convenient for a traveller , and despite being near a crowded area , it's absolutely quiet and peaceful . I remember that in occasion of my 25th visit , long ago , I had been received with flowers , a cake etc . which is certainly not common .

Room Tip: No special recommendations , all the rooms are very good , if possible choose a Club room or a suite...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We spent our first night there. Amazing hospitality staff, Classic premiere rooms. Do check resturants / dinning areas like Citrus or jamavar. Plan to have a hair cut then lavish at warren tricomy...... I think thier 1st in india

Room Tip: Preimere rooms are good. If lavish Go for maharaja suite.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Manish J
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We had great service and really enjoyed our very brief stay. My biggest tip is to pay for a club room - with breakfast and airport transfers included and the use of the club lounge I believe it is much better value overall. Wonderful buffet breakfast. Our flight was late but we were greeted promptly on arrival and whisked (5 minutes max) to the hotel. Room was lovely, great shower. We couldn't have asked for more. They even ordered a taxi and negotiated a rate with the driver to take us into Mumbai as we left the hotel. A lovely start to our holiday.

Room Tip: As I said the club rooms were great and I believe that package is best value overall.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple